Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
This just goes to show that you can never trust the elderly.

I wish they had give Sigma a portrait here, these mass reaction shots always make me feel left out. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

jackofarcades posted:

Next time check he lp master list. Phone posting so no link but that link is easy to find with Google or in a sticky.

Here's a link to the database

The way things are set up now the next round is definitely going to be interesting.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I never new about these extra phone conversations.

Fedule posted:

Hey, I got your number on the wall-- Huh? She hung up...

The fact that I got this reference makes me feel really old for some reason.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Rei_ posted:

At the same time, if there's somebody who always votes Ally, we can assume they might be out and about doing poo poo every vote. Zero would have no reason not to constantly Ally, because they're under no threat of losing.

As long as they don't go below 0 BP that is. :v:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Fedule posted:

I want to wear lots of gorgeous clothes...
I want to eat tons of delicious food, and fall in love...

What an idiot.

Excuse me?!

I was going to take your side, but after that load of horseshit you're on your own.

Tenmyouji is the best old man ever. :allears:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Well poo poo, so much for the "they just put #3 on the bomb to mess with us" theory.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Sentient Data posted:

Yeah right, next you're going to tell me that they're [Insert something totally insane that turns out to accidentally be true]

HEY! No spoilers! :argh:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

GilliamYaeger posted:

What were the symptoms of Radical-6, again?

About the only thing we know about the actual symptoms comes from that journal we found on the Yellow path.

Things speed up, something something suicide.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

Wait, wasn't Myrmidons inscribed on the knife that killed the Old Lady and Alice used to kill herself?

Yep.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Wow, she's actually wearing a shirt here. :psyduck:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Rei_ posted:

Is there a correct order to play through all the sequences so that you never reach a To Be Continued?

Yes

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

flatluigi posted:

I'm starting to really wish I could play this game myself if only so I can experience it without the thread being super whiny between updates.

Goons getting mad at a fictional character in a video game is the best part of this thread. :colbert:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Spatula City posted:

I don't want to hang out with Alice any more for now because of all this negativity about her. If we're not with her for an update, maybe things will simmer down. Besides, a room puzzle with Phi and Luna sounds fun.

Seriously, guys. All this ALICE :argh: stuff is starting to wear thin. Let's spend some more time with Phi, she's pretty cool.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Okay, now the game's just trolling us.

Also, :objection:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Clarste posted:

Eh, Phi's on their team. Probably going to do one of those "we're going to betray you, so don't even think about Allying" mindgames.

Either that or she locks Dio out of the voting booth. Again.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Clarste posted:

Why? It just means they were shipped to Nevada as part of the experiment. Why Nevada? Because that's where the previous group had done it and the building was already there. Probably easier to arrange a private flight than to rebuild the whole damned thing somewhere else.

Well there was that weird diagram we found that had "Nevada Test Site" on it when we escaped from the Garden.

Fedule posted:

It looks like a piece of paper...

Some kind of... diagram...?

It doesn't make any sense.
I wonder what it is...

Oh well. Just forget about it for now. We can always come back to it later.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yeah, with Phi at 6 points as well, there's no reason for them not to get 9 after this round. This means that we pretty much have to Betray Clover if we don't want to get left behind.

By the same token Clover also has 6 BP and now she doesn't have to worry about killing her superior friend so there's nothing stopping Clover from betraying you as well.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Last time Luna was killed after the second AB game concluded, much later than Alice's murder.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Victory! :toot:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Tarezax posted:

This was my first ending. Boy was I confused.

Coming from 999, though, I did have the foresight to write down the password.

I also notice that I greatly underestimated the size of the helmets on those suits :v: Oh well.

Same here, I hadn't even gone through the cyan door yet (I was concentrating on clearing one door at a time) so I pretty much mirrored Sigma's "Bomb? what bomb?" reaction there.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

And the Old Lady as well. Man Dio was on quite the rampage on that path. :black101:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

might be wrong posted:

Yeah. Usually this game is a few steps ahead of me, but that line made it pretty loving obvious that we're gonna be collecting disarm codes from different timelines.

Yep, Speaking of which, we've found codes to deactivate two of the four bombs so far:

Bomb 0: LXA QNS GDQ
Bomb 1: ?
Bomb 2: ?
Bomb 3: LXQ LHC NMR

We also haven't found a Name or Password for that computer way back in the /magenta/ally/green/ally path either.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Ugh, I hated that door puzzle, since I suck at these types of puzzles the answer is random and it resets every time you gently caress up I pretty much had to hope I got 2 or 3 hits right off the bat. Seeing you get it on the first try like that makes me rather mad at you, Fredule. :argh:

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 8, 2015

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Hey look, a vote that didn't blow up in our faces for once. :toot:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Isn't it possible to go down the Cyan/Betray/Red/Ally path to expose Dio as the person who set the bombs yet?

Yes, we can open that plot lock right now.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Also they don't have much choice, as Clover is the only other person with 9 BP.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Can we also open up that plot lock where we have 5 minutes of life left? My reasoning is that if we're dying we could get Dio to spill the beans on another one of the bomb codes.

Not yet.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

theshim posted:

I'm just going to note that I am amused by the fact that I couldn't tell if this was the VLR or Digital Devil Saga thread for the last few posts. :v:

Just wait until the next part when the explosion causes their data to merge into Phigma, the Ultimate Being. :v:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Also keep in mind that Phi is not jumping with Sigma, so she doesn't necessarily have the same knowledge that Sigma/the player has.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

So we have met Zero and... he's not one of us.

That loving Rabbit! :argh:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

AweStriker posted:

This entire scene is so very Zero Escape.

"I'm going to give you a fairly substantial lecture about insects and the nature of humanity. Oh, and here's a password you'll need for a bomb, no big deal."

"Oh there aren't any bombs? Don't worry, you just need to go to the timeline where they are."

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Clarste posted:

Zero is Dio, duh.

More specifically Future Robot Dio from an alternate timeline

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Dec 8, 2015

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

But he promised he wouldn't and it's not like there's anybody else with 9 BP... oh.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Well that betrayal was surprisingly cordial all things considered. Clover and Ten explain why they betrayed and why they're leaving with at least decent reasoning, didn't kill anyone, and do seem to be concerned about those they're leaving behind. And Quark spends the whole time apologising and ends with a pretty sweet story about him and Ten. Honestly, i'm not too mad at anyone right now, but perhaps that's just because this is pretty much exactly what I expected to happen.

Also, maybe i'm forgetting something about what was revealed in an earlier path but it is super loving weird that in Quark's town the movie cinema is on a travelling wagon that comes once a week, that there's only one kid in the whole town that has a mother and that a Root Beer Float is the most absolutely amazing thing ever. It's really strange. Quark hasn't been in too many paths but do we know if he's said anything more about this stuff?

Root Beer Floats are the most absolutely amazing thing ever. :colbert:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Given that a plot lock of one of the ending routes was betraying Phi just to see what would happen, I think it's safe to say that the goal of this game is to be a dick to as many people as possible.

To be fair we did betray her first. Or go back to betray her before she betrayed us so she could betray us for a betrayal that hadn't happened yet. :psypop:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Fedule posted:

Okay so just saying, everyone please be cool about this. One way or another, every ending in this game is getting shown off.

I am angry.

Angry about video games.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

It lives! :toot:

There was one of those horsey-rides outside of the local grocery store when I was growing up, it was fun times when you were five years old. Of course you spend the rest of your life wondering how you could ever enjoy such a ridiculous thing.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

So, which do you think will happen first; Zero Escape III is released or Fredule will update this LP?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

It lives! And I've completely forgotten where we are in the story! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Also 999 has been ported to iOS so they've already figured out how to handle a single screen.

• Locked thread