Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Phew. Just marathoned the hell out of this thread over the past few days. Good stuff from Fedule and seeing audience reactions to all the plot points is pretty amusing. Looking forward to following along in real time now.

The Director's Office should be a fun treat. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Poison Mushroom posted:

I have some bad news for you if you're hoping to finish this game before 2020 or so.

Hah! I've been through the entire game on my own anyways so I'm good. Will be fun to see if he beats ZE3 release or not at any rate.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

:allears: What a treat to run into today. Been looking forward to this update. Glad to see Fedule hates that parallelogram puzzles with as much seething spite as I do.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Obligatory :allears: post.

It's always fun to see how people think they can predict Ambidex Game results. You can never predict Ambidex Game results.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

alcharagia posted:

Quark's letter is my favorite scene in the game.

Seconded. It's just such a heartwarming thing to read and really puts into perspective why Tenmyouji is so adamant about protecting Quark no matter what, even when it means being a shady dickwad to Sigma.

Now I want a root beer float. :unsmith:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Fedule does care about us after all! :allears:

This wasn't what I voted on but this is a good room.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

During the room sequence in there Sigma comments that it looks like a weird roomba but doesn't seem to have any way to turn it on. It's probably hooked up to the network Zero Jr. is on so it could be turned on at any point when desired.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

A more interesting bet would be if he finishes this LP before an LP of Zero Time Dilemma is made and finished. :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

And this right here is why K is my favorite. He's just such a precious ominous robot man.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

K is a precious cinnamon roll and you are monsters wanting to betray him.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

:allears:

Sure, K may have betrayed us but Tenmyouji betrayed a dead person. Who's the real jackass here?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Anyone who betrays Luna is a horrible person, I don't care if she's dead. :colbert:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

W.T. Fits posted:

The reaction to this one was good, but there's another one I'm personally looking forward to.

I bet it's the same one I'm looking forward to. :unsmigghh:

You're doing great work as always Fedule I'm so happy this got revived. It's been a pleasure sitting back and watching people react to this game's insanity.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

He's wearing essentially an auto mechanic jumpsuit. I dunno about anarchy but at least the woman silhouette and the skull with wings are things that evoke a car garage.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

This was always one of the more disturbing game overs to me. Peeps drug a dude and cut off his loving hand and just leave him locked up alone. That's loving cold.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It would've been out of character (mostly) for Sigma but I still always wish he had just held on and let Dio's foot get crushed.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It wouldn't be a proper branch if Alice didn't die in some way or another. :yayclod:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

This is the ending I'd been waiting for all these years. I still can't listen to Blue Bird Lamentation without tearing up because of this drat ending. It's just so... unfair.

I can only hope that it has the same impact for the people reading it in LP format.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Yeah all things considered Luna and Quark both are kind of hosed even though they escaped.

Luna will probably be unable to go very far away from the facility and that's assuming she doesn't get shut down for her disobedience just like the proper ending route. And even THEN, she still got injected so her ABT is gonna melt off and probably give Quark a heart attack.

In all of the above scenarios Quark is screwed and pretty much on his own... assuming he actually wakes up and doesn't go batshit from Radical 9.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Pigbuster posted:

Now I'm trying to think if there's anything that would've hinted at everyone operating at super-slow-mo the entire time. Was gravity ever a factor in anything? If you dropped an object and saw it just instantly plop onto the ground you'd probably think something was strange.

We're lucky Luna is so nice because watching everyone taking an eternity to do anything sounds exasperating.

Back after doing the Lounge when they are discussing the article about Radical-6 they start talking about whether it's possible they have it or not. Phi and Sigma both mention how they feel sluggish and their bodies & movement just feel off and strange, but they can never really put a finger on how to explain it or why they feel that way.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh hey this section conveniently brought up that snippit from the Lounge I mentioned earlier about Phi feeling like her body is off. :v:

As I believe the saying goes: "Strap in kids, it's about to get loving weird."

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I forget if Fedule ever showed it in gifs through the LP but here's where I point out that during a lot of transitions into new scenes there's a unique little animation like a screen flickering online.

That wasn't just a fun little animation.

It was Sigma's bionic eye blinking.

:allears:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

The AB Project: Let's play a game of Pong with our souls!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

smenj posted:

Fantastic to see this LP finally reaching the end. Been great to see everyone's reactions to everything over all this time, and sincere thanks to Fedule for the no-doubt gargantuan amount of effort you've put into this thing. Strange to think how long it's been, since I've been following this LP since the beginning.

Since we've all been recently talking about fun bits of foreshadowing that had been missed, here's one that a friend pointed out to me after I'd finished the game back when it came out:

Remember waaaaay back in the Director's Lounge, when you find that Tenmyouji has a picture of Akane? Here's some lines from that room's escape sequence.

The original line in the Tenacious D song they're referencing is "That's telekinesis, Kyle".

Intentional from the translation team, or a funny little coincidence? I dunno donno, but I'd like to think it's on purpose!

I'm sure it was brought up at the time since it's probably obvious but that little bit may also be a friendly jab towards Dangan Ronpa. :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'm probably stretching it to be fair, which is why I say "may be". I know when I was playing the game myself and saw mention of shooting things with mind bullets my brain went there.

Probably a case of just having something on the brain rather than an intentional bit.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

This LP going to the archive will truly be the last reward.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It's actually a little bittersweet being at the end. I can't imagine how weird it will feel for the people who have been here since the very start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Aw man that feels so good to see. :unsmith:

Seriously my man you did an amazing job on this thing even if it did take many years. Quality work! I already have someone in mind to link this to. :kimchi:

• Locked thread