Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

So I guess now would be a good time to ask what everyone thinks about LockOn Flaming Cliffs 3 and DCS: Huey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Once more before I pull the trigger (which I'm about to do tonight/tomorrow), anyone have experience or knowledge about Amazon's lemon policy in case my x52 arrives a broken piece of poo poo? I can't imagine it's unfair or I'm any way bad but I want to make sure if it breaks a month in I'm not stuck with a hundred dollar paperweight and a receipt I'd have a better experience wadding up and jamming up my rear end.

e: I was holding off on FC3 but someone somewhere said that owners of FC3 will get the nicer upgrades free later on, pushing me right off the fence onto the buy button. Still a quality product (and the only source for Russian planes right now) but if this is true, hot drat.

According to this post

Wags posted:

Update - 22 June 2013

We have completed our internal discussion of the availability of the "upgraded" Flaming Cliffs aircraft and we have decided to make them available for free to Flaming Cliffs 3 customers. We believe that this will add a very high level of new content to the FC3, it will avoid duplicate aircraft types, and we hope it will broaden the appeal of FC3 to an even larger audience.

Did I mention that FC3 is currently on sale?

:neckbeard:

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

madpanda posted:

Do yokes rotate and turn fast enough for them to be viable for racing games or even just euro truck sim?

Considering just going that route for flight sims and it would be a nice bonus to use them for driving, esp. if i eventually get pedals.

If you don't have a racing wheel, I would go with a console-style controller over anything else.

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

More like DCS: Ender's Game

"Huh that's weird. ED just released a Pakistan map."