Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
I started the game and it initiated the mega download with the Content Manager thingie. Then after a while the program crashed with no explanation. Now when I boot it up again it shows the splash screen with a blue progress bar underneath but I have no idea if it's actually doing anything. Wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

explosivo posted:

Download is abysmally slow. Good thing we weren't able to download this 92GB before launch day (or the day before)!

I mean, I still have work so it's probably for the best. But still.. :f5:

At least you know it's downloading. All I see is this garbage.

I'll try that, thanks
vvvvvvvvv

Oceanbound fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 17, 2020

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Qubee posted:

this gets rid of your progress. I thought it'd save where it got to.

The downloader crashed while I was sleeping, but it seemed to pick back up where it let off once I restarted with Run as Administrator.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

You mean run Steam as admin? Is there even an option to launch a game as admin?

I have the Game Pass version, I used run as admin on the program itself. Before I did that it would just give me the blue bar and splash screen without the content manager.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Zero One posted:

Steam downloaded 300mb update for me.

The patch itself is 300mb, then the in-game content manager downloads another 87kb of fixes.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Don’t know if I’m just getting lucky but the last few RNAV approaches I’ve done have worked well, I used VS to get to the right alt at the waypoints and once I hit the last waypoint before the runway the APPR kicked in and took me down the slope.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

zedprime posted:

Has anyone in the thread caught an RNAV based glide slope? I've avoided them for being even finickier than ILS and I can't say I've actually ever caught one.

I do RNAV for most of my landings in the King Air and can get it to work pretty consistently, yes.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Unicorn spotted.

Are you manually flying the whole approach? I'm pretty sure I've seen the approach on my instruments but the autopilot is blowing it off in approach mode.

I usually use VS to get to the listed altitude for each waypoint. Then I hit APPR as I get near the last waypoint before the runway and it kicks in to take me down the glide slope once I hit the waypoint.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

drunkill posted:

Could be worse...

KAAF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Post-patch King Air AP is completely nonfunctional. You can no longer program any flight plan into it. The gently caress.