Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

TheAsterite posted:

I've been practicing a bit with dcs a-10c, and I can start up a plane, get the electronics working, and get weapon systems up and functional. I decided to try out the mission Hidout, and I've just been having tons of trouble with the SAM launcher at the enemy base I'm supposed to take out. I just can't seem to find it on the maverick tgp as I fly near the base, and it eventually takes me out every time. Have any tips on spotting them?

There's a SEAD flight, Enfield, tasked with taking out the enemy air defenses. Attempting to do so yourself is a bad idea. I believe this is mentioned in the briefing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

The scenery in MSFS 2020 is breathtaking, but the inexplicable bugs like "basic controls panel not working" and "172 missing entirely from aircraft selection" (????) is a little grating.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Found a fix for the bug. If anyone else is missing their base game 172, go to AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore (or whatever path you pointed Content Manager at) and delete all folders and files with "172" in the name. Then launch MSFS2020 and the Content Manager will redownload and reinstall it, making it show up in your hangar.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

There's a tool to change tail numbers and ATC info en masse. It works fine for me and makes backups

https://www.msfsaddons.org/freeware/atcrenamer

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Here's the flight manual for the 930. I've taken a screenshot of the relevant speeds.https://www.tbm.aero/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/TBM-930_PIM_FromSN1227.pdf

There's a caution not to sideslip it for more than 30 seconds that wasn't in an earlier version, which is weird. Maybe a fuel feed issue?

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Dzus posted:

How are you guys ending your flights? I land, taxi to parking, and like 10% of the time powering down the plane actually ends the flight. If I turn the plane over to the copilot, it taxis down the runway and crashes into trees.

Make sure both the engine and battery/avionics are dead (switch all the red-colored stuff). If either is still going it won't end the flight.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

the sensitivity dialog used to display adjustable curves, now it displays nothing.

my setting was at -75% to just not tail strike the drat thing every takeoff

on the upside, the autopilot on the 172 has become significantly less suicidal and can be let out of its cage

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Google Butt posted:

Hahaha they say they're fixing it "next update"???

this is a wonderful opportunity for Asobo to throw away every bit of goodwill they currently have going their way

e: this patch also wipes your Community folder, incl all liveries lol

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

I guess it's time for me to finally put together a Joystick Gremlin config for my xbox controller if I want curves

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Enos Cabell posted:

Does the update mess with sensitivity or control settings that were already configured?

it cleared mine to default, but it was doing that regularly before the patch too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Rudder-and-elevator only setups aren't uncommon in RC planes. With a high wing and enough dihedral, the plane will tend to level itself out, and application of just the rudder can be used to bank and turn the aircraft. It's not optimal, but it can work.