Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol the content manager runs at 50% CPU when downloading, 85% when paused and 100% when minimised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

My download stalled for about 20 minutes with about 15gb remaining so I restarted the program and the game has now loaded into the main menu as if it is finished. Is there a way to get back to the content manager manually in options or something?

e: I restarted it a couple of times and it finally noticed a huge chunk of the core game hadn't been downloaded and brought back the content manager.

e2: It is now downloading at 1mbps. lol

spaceblancmange fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Aug 18, 2020

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Is there no replay option?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

loaf posted:

Surprised how choppy this runs on my computer, even on medium settings. I have a GTX 1080, i5-2500k, 16GB RAM, and it's running on an SSD.

Thinking of upgrading my CPU/MB/RAM since it's like 9 years old at this point. Would a Ryzen 7 3700X with 64GB DDR4 be a meaningful improvement or is there a better option?

Remember the 2500k was released closer to FSX than the present day.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Inner Light posted:

Caveat, don't own the game yet. Does MFS 2020 not have a replay function? I thought FSX did. Bummer not being able to see your landings from multiple angles.

This is my biggest gripe so far, I've read they intend to add it eventually at least.

Giant trees and digital rudder on controller triggers are gripes 2 & 3

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Is there a way to quickly look up an airports runway headings and altitude?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Going to slap together a cheapo ryzen 2600 system with my current gtx1060 anyone running similar?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Lol that modders are using google maps data to make mods. Starting to seea few Aus landmarks coming out like the MCG and the Harbour bridge. I don't know why they even bothered doing the opera house if they weren't going to do the bridge, it looks so wrong.

Will need to check if Melbournes 212 story building blew down in yesterdays storm.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Are there any 3rd party apps to fix the rudder axes on a 360 controller?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

spaceblancmange posted:

Are there any 3rd party apps to fix the rudder axes on a 360 controller?

For anyone wanting to know how to fix the broken rudder on a xbox pad

Download reWASD

Remap Left trigger to Left on the Right stick
Remap Right trigger to Right on the Right stick
And vice versa

Apply

In flight simulator under controls

Clear the rudder button bindings
Filter > All

Search for Rudder Axis
Set it to the right stick left and right <R>

You will need to set the various camera look left and right binds to the throttles

Done, a working rudder.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Does the rudder work on xbox pads without 3rd party apps yet?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

the milk machine posted:

it's still sketchy but i've developed a no-app workaround based on another goon's post

if you hold one trigger or the other it will sort of seek your input position but will be jumpy.

"fix": hold both triggers a little bit, then pull your intended input farther (e.g. for right rudder, L trigger barely on at ~10%, R trigger at 50%). the sim seems to get the difference between the two smoothly as long as it's getting a signal from both triggers. i've been flying like this for a couple hours this evening and for me this seems to avoid the jumpy rudder problem.

i'm using an 8BitDo SN30 Pro+, but it shows up in steam/msfs as an xbox controller.

reWASD is really good once you get it all set up. 14 day trial is about to end I guess I'll just register it.

Build rollouts fixing one thing and breaking 10 others is giving me iRacing flashbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Now Microsoft has bought Bethesda when can I fly over Cyrodiil?