Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

That's certainly not the case, literally every member was an officer, or at least at last time I messed with it months ago. I think it was just because everyone involved kinda quit playing at once, and people who don't play can't invite.

my apologies, I knew my memory on this subject was not to be trusted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."

Umberger posted:

Being a Force, I've yet to do a run of Ruins without one, so Krabahda are not a problem at all. Cyclonehda spam is the thing that will kill people. I had one run where I got trapped in a Funji which spawned Dahgash, Dagacha and Krabahda inside, and because it spawned in a new area there were Cyclonehdas sniping it and a few Kuklonahdas wandered in. I died pretty fast.

I was also fortunate enough to get the new talis from a Dahgash. Yes, it is a miniature Dahgash, and yes you throw even smaller Dahgashes instead of cards.

From what I can tell on the wiki comments, Krabahda drop Divine Amaterasu (the new best 10* rod, only being outperformed by the hilariously expensive 11* XQ rod and Psycho Wand). AQ Ruins gives an absurd amount of stones and capsules too.

Sanctum is pretty ok. As far as I'm aware the boss drops aren't exactly stellar but there's the chance of Lambda Hellfret dropping and I'm sure there are at least a few unknown 56+ drops there. Bursts are a bit harder to get because of how many Dirandals spawn, but my group was still getting them fairly regularly and had a couple cross bursts. I feel like I got more capsules/stones there than any of the other c-AQs.

Haven't done City yet.

Other Spin is a great tool for dealing with Cyclos, since it will bunch up any in range, so you can easily mop them up en masse instead of one at a time. Their super armor during their wind up actually helps to pull this off, since it will make the tornado spawn wherever the end of your wire is, and they'll still get sucked in regardless. They're also way easier to dodge at close range, since you can just sidestep away from the mace hand side.

I've heard a lot of horror stories from Japanese players about Fungi, I was lucky enough not to encounter any on my run. A tip they gave was to have everybody else pipe up to the ship, then have the abducted member toss a second pipe after everybody else was out, so the members on the ship can take the new pipe down directly to the Fungi. Obviously, surviving long enough to pull that off as a Force is probably easier said than done.

Also, thanks for the Sanctum info. The trade in weapons look dumb, so I'm not really interested in spending caps for stones I'll have no desire to use. The drop table for AQ Goron/Zoron and Ex/Noir is still mostly unknown, so I'm sure there's probably something good that drops there. Dirandals are a lot easier to handle if your melee dude snipes the riders from behind, but it leaves them exposed and some people flip the gently caress out if they see someone with a melee weapon during a burst.

I get a ton of caps and stones from Desert, since Wondas thankfully don't spawn during bursts (that I've seen, anyway), so you just murder loads of low HP trash.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh right, does anyone have a flowchart or something that explains the relationships of all the XQ stones and items? It was already a clusterfuck, but now with these new ones they somehow made it even more obtuse :psyduck:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

oh right, does anyone have a flowchart or something that explains the relationships of all the XQ stones and items? It was already a clusterfuck, but now with these new ones they somehow made it even more obtuse :psyduck:

there are 3 types of stones, 90 of the lowest type of stone can be traded in for the 2nd teir, and 30 of the 2nd tier can be traded for one of the 3rd teir. you need either 50 2nd teir stones to exhange for a single unit, or 5 of the 3rd teir stones for a weapon.

the new extreme quest has its own set of stones that follow this bullshit. if you clear all floors of an extreme quest you get a catalyst, which you can use to swap stones from one Xq for the other's.

In short: you need the equivalent of 13500 stones to get a single 11* weapon. You typically get 13 per run per day. You are never going to loving get those weapons, not that you would want them anyway since they're expensive as hell to grind and actually weaker then an easy to get 10* grinded up to 50 element.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Tengames posted:

You are never going to loving get those weapons, not that you would want them anyway since they're expensive as hell to grind and actually weaker then an easy to get 10* grinded up to 50 element.
Unless it's a tech weapon, where element doesn't matter anyway. :v:

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Tengames posted:

In short: you need the equivalent of 13500 stones to get a single 11* weapon. You typically get 13 per run per day. You are never going to loving get those weapons, not that you would want them anyway since they're expensive as hell to grind and actually weaker then an easy to get 10* grinded up to 50 element.

To be specific, the lowest tier are fragments, 90 of which can be traded for ores, the second tier, 30 of which are traded for a heart key. Fragments drop from anything, ores can drop from any enemy in random (?? symbol) stages and you get three ores from beating stage 40. So it's not quite as bad as needing 13,500 fragments and averaging only 13 a day. Obviously getting random stages is pretty luck dependent, but just grinding away for fragments isn't the only way to get ores.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Tengames posted:

I would hope that once they start unlocking more stages we'll start seeing the 2nd tier and possibly even the 3rd tier stones drop.

I believe the 11*s themselves can also just drop, but they're obviously stupid rare.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Ah, I want that Dagash talis. :allears: Having a team is really helpful for TACO runs since you won't have to worry about people knowing what they're doing like you would with randoms. Also Falz runs with a capable crew are a glorious thing. Maint tonight from 8 p.m. Est to 1 a.m. to fix their AC stuff.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The Dagash Talis seems pretty common, according to the quest record, 350 of them have already dropped on Ship 1 since the servers came up yesterday.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Protocol 5 posted:

The Dagash Talis seems pretty common, according to the quest record, 350 of them have already dropped on Ship 1 since the servers came up yesterday.

They were already at ~1m on Ship 02 when I found mine yesterday at around mid-day EST. So yeah.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Protocol 5 posted:

To be specific, the lowest tier are fragments, 90 of which can be traded for ores, the second tier, 30 of which are traded for a heart key. Fragments drop from anything, ores can drop from any enemy in random (?? symbol) stages and you get three ores from beating stage 40. So it's not quite as bad as needing 13,500 fragments and averaging only 13 a day. Obviously getting random stages is pretty luck dependent, but just grinding away for fragments isn't the only way to get ores.

Yeah but the odds of getting ?? floos and and then the enemies on those floors dropping stones are not in your favor, so you're still taking months just to exchange for one of five heart keys needed.

Save your passes, in hopes sega increases the drop rate/makes a far more reasonable exchange rate on these rocks. Or at the very least, wait a week, when there will be a +50% drop rate day, if you wanna try farming the bosses since they do have a decent rate of dropping the units.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Oh no, I totally am (got 33 squirreled away), since they probably will tweak the drop rate and I'm set for trade in weapons already. If you need 10 star trade ins and don't have purchase passes, your odds are much better doing the relevant XQ than regular farming. Also, there are 11 star weapons that drop, the Mech Katar gunslash, the Gem Sword Balmung wand, and the Weiss Comet all class knuckles (600 S-ATK req., but good for Hunters) have been confirmed. So yeah, doing them specifically for the 11 star trade ins is not going to get you an upgrade any time soon, but it's not like its total waste of time.

Changing the subject, there's kind of an unintentional split in drops for City and Ruins that means melee classes will want to farm City for upgrades (new Guwanada and Agurani weapons, Gun Braver), while tech classes will want to farm Ruins (talismans and Amaterasu). There's a little crossover like Witch Broom and Evil Cursed(?) in City, but Ruins has two very powerful talismans that drop off the most common spawns, and the best 10 star rod in the game off crabs, so it seems like a no brainer for Forces. They probably could have distributed the drops a little more evenly.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I tried to get in on this but Sega took down the registration page for Sega ID. This is the error I get:

現在、本ページにつきましては、障害発生により機能を一時停止させていただいております。
原因究明、解消へ向けて調査・対応を行っており、アクセスいただきました皆様には
大変ご迷惑をおかけいたしますが、今しばらくお待ちくださいますよう、お願い申し上げます。

Which Google translates to:

Currently, with regard to this page, we have suspended the function by failure.
It has conducted a survey and response towards the causes, to resolve, to everyone that I had access
We apologize for any inconvenience, but, as you please wait for a while now, thank you.

If there is a sort of work around, I'd like to know.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Protocol 5 posted:

Changing the subject, there's kind of an unintentional split in drops for City and Ruins that means melee classes will want to farm City for upgrades (new Guwanada and Agurani weapons, Gun Braver), while tech classes will want to farm Ruins (talismans and Amaterasu). There's a little crossover like Witch Broom and Evil Cursed(?) in City, but Ruins has two very powerful talismans that drop off the most common spawns, and the best 10 star rod in the game off crabs, so it seems like a no brainer for Forces. They probably could have distributed the drops a little more evenly.

Ruins is also the only realistic way to farm Elder Pain, which is worth mentioning. Plus there's a pretty large amount of Kuklonahdas which drop Ruin Charm which you can then upgrade to Ruin Mirage with your spellstones.

e: I believe Acro Cane drops from (Pre?)Dicahda, and that can be upgraded from City. There's plenty of reasons for either role to do both City and Ruins really.

Umberger fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 30, 2013

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Blacktoll posted:

If there is a sort of work around, I'd like to know.

They're bringing the game down and doing an emergency maintance tonight to fix the page, so you'll unfortunately have to wait for tomorrow.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Umberger posted:

Ruins is also the only realistic way to farm Elder Pain, which is worth mentioning. Plus there's a pretty large amount of Kuklonahdas which drop Ruin Charm which you can then upgrade to Ruin Mirage with your spellstones.

e: I believe Acro Cane drops from (Pre?)Dicahda, and that can be upgraded from City. There's plenty of reasons for either role to do both City and Ruins really.

Well, I currently have Hu 60/Fi 60/Fo 55, so I'm going to be doing both anyway, but the drops are really lopsided, especially for Fi and Fo. It's not really a big deal, since there are 9 quests and you have to cycle through A>B>C, just seemed kind of odd how upgrades for particular classes seemed clumped up like that, which really has more to do with Guwanada dropping four special melee weapons than anything.

Off topic: no sub-boss for Tunnels and no rare version of Hunar makes those AQs kind of weird exceptions to the usual pattern. Makes you wonder if maybe they'll add stuff in later. Bit of trivia, according to the quest record, more Elder Pains dropped in one day from the AQ than did from the EQ all week. Of course, both of those numbers are single digits.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Emergency Maintenance cancelled. AC and Player page stuff still broken.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NextTime000 posted:

So yeah, everybody get into :goon:Nol Vacancy:goon: for now. Sorry for the confusion.

Can you only be invited into a group? You can't like, search for one and apply like WOW or TERA or whatever? If that's the case, could someone please invite me? My info's in the spreadsheet.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Can you only be invited into a group? You can't like, search for one and apply like WOW or TERA or whatever? If that's the case, could someone please invite me? My info's in the spreadsheet.

Yeah, someone has to physically meet you to invite you in, so you have to be online and reachable in some way.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah, someone has to physically meet you to invite you in, so you have to be online and reachable in some way.

Well I guess that's incentive to play :v:

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

That's certainly not the case, literally every member was an officer, or at least at last time I messed with it months ago. I think it was just because everyone involved kinda quit playing at once, and people who don't play can't invite.

Also, I'm very unreliable when it comes to this game, so if someone at least semi-serious wants to take the reigns of this team away from me, I'd be more than happy, because I'm not really fit to lead it anymore

I'm out of town right now, but when I get back I'm probably going to end up reinstalling, especially if people are actually playing. :v: My character probably isn't the best, but I could still to organize poo poo like Team Quest runs and such. Maybe a Steam group or something would be easier to throw stuff like that together instead of just flagging people off IRC for stuff.

edit: Incidentally, does anyone know how to get the Steam overlay to work with PSO2? I know a few people have been able to, but I never managed to get it to work.

Chibs fucked around with this message at 06:14 on May 31, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Chibs posted:

edit: Incidentally, does anyone know how to get the Steam overlay to work with PSO2? I know a few people have been able to, but I never managed to get it to work.

Mine works out of the box, at least with the English/translation launcher.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I just added the launcher into my library and it works fine*

*sometimes the steam overlay does not work at all, but it still says I am in the game!

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Me and some other goon buddies are giving the game a go again after playing a bit in the open beta a while back. We're not super far in the game, but it'd be neat to be in Nol Vacancy. I added my info onto the spreadsheet. I'm usually on like...all the time. Mostly trying to catch up with all these level cap increases and neat content additions.

I also sent a friend invite to Mediocrity, which I assume is alright and should help us meet in game?

Edit: Another goon was polite enough to log on and get me an invite. Thanks again Gaia!

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 31, 2013

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Emergency maitance was move to today, so the game is down for a few hours.

On another note, a Southeast Asia version of PSO2 is supposedly going to be released in English by Asiasoft. They are apparently very terrible, supposedly offering poor support, and making a game harder so people would buy more cash shop items.

Note: this is not technically not an International release, just for southeast Asia.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 31, 2013

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Tengames posted:

On another note, a Southeast Asia version of PSO2 is supposedly going to be released in English by Asiasoft. They are apparently very terrible, supposedly offering poor support, and making a game harder so people would buy more cash shop items.

This is good news if true. That much closer to making a Western release more viable.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The ETA for the servers coming back up is 7 PM EST, by the way.

Ran City again a few times at 40 risk, those goddamn mantises hit hard as gently caress at 60 + max infection.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Xavier434 posted:

This is good news if true. That much closer to making a Western release more viable.

I'm kinda skeptical about them if they're gonna make the game more stupid in attempts to make more people buy poo poo.

E: I'm guessing they're gonna make the EXP per level ratio stupid unless you are premium or some wacky thing like that.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Dizz posted:

I'm kinda skeptical about them if they're gonna make the game more stupid in attempts to make more people buy poo poo.

E: I'm guessing they're gonna make the EXP per level ratio stupid unless you are premium or some wacky thing like that.

Oh me too. I am just happy if it is in English because that is work which would not need to be repeated for a Western release.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Xavier434 posted:

Oh me too. I am just happy if it is in English because that is work which would not need to be repeated for a Western release.

Thats actually the biggest worry, because apparently what people on psoworld are saying is that the international release of Ragnarok online 2 used the SEA version, complete with all the horrible things they changed to make it worse.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Tengames posted:

Thats actually the biggest worry, because apparently what people on psoworld are saying is that the international release of Ragnarok online 2 used the SEA version, complete with all the horrible things they changed to make it worse.

Ah...yeah that would suck. :(

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Some Pso2 merchandise is going on sale at the convenstions. that dudu shirt is great.

oh and the servers are up again or something.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tengames posted:

Some Pso2 merchandise is going on sale at the convenstions. that dudu shirt is great.

oh and the servers are up again or something.

That dudu shirt :swoon:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Oh god I want that shirt.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh yeah I added a link to the Camping The Stairs goon mumble server to the OP. Was going to have it in the OP to start, decided against it, but someone convinced me to do so anyway :shrug:

Also expressing :swoon: for that loving shirt

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

quote:

All players who used AC content between Feb 6th through May 29th’s maintenance will receive:

プレミアムセット1日 Three 1-day Premium Set
ラッピースーツ One Rappy Suit

All players will receive:

トライブースト+100% Triboost +100%

You can pick them up at the Visiphone on June 12th, 2013.

Hooray a Rappy Suit. :confuoot:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Umberger posted:

Hooray a Rappy Suit. :confuoot:

Free recolor ticket.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The premium tickets will be nice, I've got a bunch of crap 10 star weapons gathering dust that I wouldn't mind flogging for purchase passes. Anybody know if it works for the DF trade in weapons? If so, I've got like 350 of those stones.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Protocol 5 posted:

The premium tickets will be nice, I've got a bunch of crap 10 star weapons gathering dust that I wouldn't mind flogging for purchase passes. Anybody know if it works for the DF trade in weapons? If so, I've got like 350 of those stones.

The weapons from Falz spellstones can not be traded in for passes. You can trade them in for an Ex Cube, a Photon Sphere or 30 Grinders. These are pretty much all terrible options so you might as well get the Ex Cube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Fair enough. Still got a bunch of other junk to offload.

• Locked thread