Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!

Waroduce posted:

Is there alot of lower level goons? I've been interested in playing PSO since Dreamcast, but I don't want to be left alone to work through low level content :(

Since you can switch classes, there are most likely still a few people (myself included) who have classes that are either low leveled or not leveld at all, so Im sure you can find someone to help you out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."

NextTime000 posted:

what are the stats for Persona Soul? I don't recall seeing it anywhere before; unless you are referring to the "+30 all attack stats" affix, which is a different soul altogether. We don't have a name for it yet because the files literally list this soul as "?????".

I just kinda skimmed your post, sorry for the confusion.

Off topic, but I wonder what they're planning to do with the upcoming new planet in terms of levels. Presumably it will cover 55+, picking up from Dragon Altar, but if it's going to end up with 3 chapters like all the other planets, does that mean they're going to raise the level cap again, or what? I wouldn't mind seeing another skill point quest for level 60.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

We might be getting episode 2 next month, which will most likely include the new area, level cap, and possibly even the difficulty mode.

With the extreme quests, new falz with higher drops, and the boosted drop rate days, it looks like they're just giving everyone a last chance to get the rares they want before the new content arrives, and 11*s become the new 10*s and obsolete everything.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Waroduce posted:

Is there alot of lower level goons? I've been interested in playing PSO since Dreamcast, but I don't want to be left alone to work through low level content :(

There's a fair amount of people that are not only low level, but also new at the game. Not like, a large amount, but there isn't a particularly large amount of goons playing anyways. And with people switching classes all the time you're likely to always find SOMEONE willing to play with you, even if not a full party.

(also in the worst case scenario you can always play with Dawnfire who never seems to log off ever)

Dragonmaw
Mar 3, 2010

Dr. Funk's
House o' Love
I started play this, so I'm low-level as well. In-game name is Succendo. Ruff 'n tuff Female Human Hunter.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Tengames posted:

We might be getting episode 2 next month, which will most likely include the new area, level cap, and possibly even the difficulty mode.

With the extreme quests, new falz with higher drops, and the boosted drop rate days, it looks like they're just giving everyone a last chance to get the rares they want before the new content arrives, and 11*s become the new 10*s and obsolete everything.

They have 60 more floors of Extreme Quests to add, and let's face it: next difficulty is likely not going to be accessible until 60 (Normal at 0, Hard at 20, Very Hard at 40, "Ultimate" at 60).

I don't think we'll be getting the new difficulty until they pimp out the new area some (TA, AQ maybe, EQ) and probably add more floors to XQs. They may even have to increase monster level in higher XQ floors because as player levels/power increase, level 60 monsters might not be enough to warrant a challenge (considering it's hardly one now).

Plus they have to give everyone some time with the new class (I imagine Braver will be out on release day for Episode 2). If they released content only accessible at 60 then it's going to significantly cut in to the amount of people who will want to take the time to level a new class from 1.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Umberger posted:

Plus they have to give everyone some time with the new class (I imagine Braver will be out on release day for Episode 2). If they released content only accessible at 60 then it's going to significantly cut in to the amount of people who will want to take the time to level a new class from 1.

Episode 2 is also reintroducing the playable duman race, so people are going to be starting from level one to begin with on new characters anyway. they'll likely introduce them both with the new planet which will have a normal mode mission for low levels to play from the start.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Just eyeballing the Arks/Free Quest level ranges, the new planet will probably slot in at 29-32, 39-42, and 55-60, though how they decide to do it (just one field to start with more later, or plugging 3 new fields into the existing lineup) is anybody's guess. They probably will try to put out an EQ, AQ and TA for the new planet, just to keep everyone from burning through all of the new content in a week and getting bored. Dragon Altar still kind of sucks because there aren't many drops worth chasing and they troll you with tons of crap low level rares from 53+ enemies.

One interesting possibility about raising the level cap is that they may raise the level cap for AQs at the same time to keep them relevant. At the very minimum, I'd see them raising the level cap for enemies to whatever the new PC level cap is, but that would still require farming up risk.

The XQ system seems really counterproductive if the level cap goes up again, since it's gated to 1 stage per 22 hours, and a single stage will take you 5 minutes or so. I understand they don't want people blowing through the whole thing repeatedly for hours on end and getting the rare drops too fast, but there's not enough content available per pass to warrant only handing out one per day. I'd love to have a Weiss Comet, but if I use up all of my passes and it doesn't drop, I'd have to wait a week to get another shot at it, so gently caress it.

Unrelated, I was cruising Tranmizer's quest for Parallel Areas/Clones and stumbled across the Tranzexia/Signo Blue one. 5 Slide End disc drops, and as luck would have it, one of them was level 12. Dual stance build with a +10 Old Device makes it hilariously brutal. With Partisan gear 3 it has an enormous hitbox, and when I JA into the charge up, I can oneshot hordes of dudes. I was running with a Force and every time he dropped Zondeel, I would splatter everything before he could get a Zonde off. It also owns for smashing the plate over Cyclo and Kuklo weak points, I was getting crits on the exposed core for 15K.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Infinity Gaia posted:

There's a fair amount of people that are not only low level, but also new at the game. Not like, a large amount, but there isn't a particularly large amount of goons playing anyways. And with people switching classes all the time you're likely to always find SOMEONE willing to play with you, even if not a full party.

(also in the worst case scenario you can always play with Dawnfire who never seems to log off ever)

I'm actually two people playing the game on shifts. :v:

Tengames posted:

Episode 2 is also reintroducing the playable duman race, so people are going to be starting from level one to begin with on new characters anyway. they'll likely introduce them both with the new planet which will have a normal mode mission for low levels to play from the start.

Seriously? Bleh, that sounds awesome but also kind of annoying. I'd like to try the new race but new slots cost money and Sega hates my dollars. You also have to start entirely over, and there goes all the accessory, hair, and emote tickets you may have bought.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I wish they'd bring back PSP1&2's racial super moves. It was hella neat how Humans and Newmans got summon beasts like normal, but Duman's got to TURN INTO giant monsters, and CASTs got summonable mega weaponry. As much as laser unicorn and fortress jellyfish are cool, being able to summon GIANT MECH FISTS was cooler.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Infinity Gaia posted:

I wish they'd bring back PSP1&2's racial super moves. It was hella neat how Humans and Newmans got summon beasts like normal, but Duman's got to TURN INTO giant monsters, and CASTs got summonable mega weaponry. As much as laser unicorn and fortress jellyfish are cool, being able to summon GIANT MECH FISTS was cooler.

Beasts were the ones that transformed (called Nanoblast). Dumans, introduced in PSPo2I, had super attacks that changed based on job and level.

CASTs had a ton of different SUV Weapons, but in practice only a few of them were very useful. Still, it's one more way to differentiate yourself from the crowd!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Handgun Harlot posted:

Beasts were the ones that transformed (called Nanoblast). Dumans, introduced in PSPo2I, had super attacks that changed based on job and level.

CASTs had a ton of different SUV Weapons, but in practice only a few of them were very useful. Still, it's one more way to differentiate yourself from the crowd!

Oh yeah, I got them mixed up for some reason. And while only a few SUV Weapons were USEFUL, nearly all of them were AWESOME.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Races could definitely use some more differentiation. As it is, the only differences are stat growth and appearance, and even the stat differences are really only a big deal if you're going pure min/max.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
It's better this way, really. Racial abilities sound cool on paper, but they're almost impossible to balance properly.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Surprise Noodle posted:

It's better this way, really. Racial abilities sound cool on paper, but they're almost impossible to balance properly.

It'll always be too good or so bad it'll just be a sore point. No happy medium.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!
Not that I'm against a new playable race, nor am I not confident in SEGA's ability to somehow tie them in lore wise, but weren't the Duman a product of human and SEED mutation? Since the SEED aren't in this one it just seems odd to bring them over, although you can easily just replace SEED with "Falz-Spawn"/"Humans who are a mutation due to Falz" and that loose end is tied.

I think I'll just use my second account to make them rather than delete my fabulous Space Elf. The universe would be a lot less glamorous without him.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

animaCartographer posted:

Not that I'm against a new playable race, nor am I not confident in SEGA's ability to somehow tie them in lore wise, but weren't the Duman a product of human and SEED mutation? Since the SEED aren't in this one it just seems odd to bring them over, although you can easily just replace SEED with "Falz-Spawn"/"Humans who are a mutation due to Falz" and that loose end is tied.

I think I'll just use my second account to make them rather than delete my fabulous Space Elf. The universe would be a lot less glamorous without him.

They'll probably just be humans mutated by Darkers. I think Kuna's story in-game involves her and her sister being experimented on behind the scenes, with her escaping and her sister becoming the Chrome Dragon. Considering that both her hair and the hair of Affin's Falz-possessed sister have gradient hair makes me wonder if that will be something they'll use to differentiate the race.

Also I'd wager they'll give everyone 1 free character slot.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
This is all I have to say to people wondering if they should start playing.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dangit Nerdz! We were suppose to take a group photo of that in the bath house!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Also I'd wager they'll give everyone 1 free character slot.

This would be nice, but I still have doubts Sega would be that nice. If they did, though. I'd have to ponder whether or not to use that precious slot to finally try out being the lady robot I always secretly wanted to be in this game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

nerdz posted:

This is all I have to say to people wondering if they should start playing.

Very late edit: I made a terrible video and I hope you enjoy it. It's basically what you can expect to do when you join Nol Vacancy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_a1QQET0rw

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 6, 2013

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

for the next 23 hours, all rares have thier drop rate boosted by 50%! Enjoy finding absolutely nothing in that time span regardless. (good day to do some extreme quests or go hunting for 10* units to get grinders though)

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Tengames posted:

for the next 23 hours, all rares have thier drop rate boosted by 50%! Enjoy finding absolutely nothing in that time span regardless. (good day to do some extreme quests or go hunting for 10* units to get grinders though)

Also of note is that +50% drop rate is pretty decent for farming AQ stones (I believe someone mentioned that capsule drop rates are unaffected by rare drop boosts though).

Surprise Noodle posted:

PSU handled this in the worst possible way. CASTs were the best race for melee and ranged characters (keep in mind PSU had 4 races, Beasts had higher melee damage but awful accuracy), and they could do this. I don't know if they ever released better SUVs, but I remember that one in particular being stupidly good. Humans and Newmans had absolutely no racial ability and Beasts had a really awkward Nanoblast which ranged from very useful to useless depending on the map/enemy/whatnot.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Umberger posted:

Also of note is that +50% drop rate is pretty decent for farming AQ stones (I believe someone mentioned that capsule drop rates are unaffected by rare drop boosts though).
yeah I can confirm this, I had a 350% rare boost (250 rare + 100 tri) going into Tundra once, and while the game shat 10 or so Red Weapons and 70+ AQ stones, I only got 13-15 capsules like I would normally

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Umberger posted:

PSU handled this in the BEST possible way. CASTs were the best race for melee and ranged characters (keep in mind PSU had 4 races, Beasts had higher melee damage but awful accuracy), and they could do this. I don't know if they ever released better SUVs, but I remember that one in particular being stupidly good. Humans and Newmans had absolutely no racial ability and Beasts had a really awkward Nanoblast which ranged from very useful to useless depending on the map/enemy/whatnot.

Fixed. CASTs should always be superior, gently caress balance, robots for life.

(some of the Beast Nanoblasts were really fun to use though. Admittedly those were the high level rare ones...)

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
I'd love for Beasts to make a return in PSO2, but I'm happy with my space elf.

The invincibility blast for beasts was, IMHO, the only one worth taking. You could still die if you used the other ones- but with the blue one, you just had to run in and start wailing away until it wore off.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

(some of the Beast Nanoblasts were really fun to use though. Admittedly those were the high level rare ones...)
There...were no higher level or rare nanoblasts. There were 4 options, all of which you unlocked at level 20. At higher levels, using your nanoblast actually sharply decreased your DPS potential, so...yeah. As far as SUVs go, Paradi Cataract was small potatoes compared to later ones like Ares Espada.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Surprise Noodle posted:

There...were no higher level or rare nanoblasts. There were 4 options, all of which you unlocked at level 20.
I want to say he was talking about the PSP games, but I don't know anything beyond "there was a black nanoblast"

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

NextTime000 posted:

I want to say he was talking about the PSP games, but I don't know anything beyond "there was a black nanoblast"

Oh whoops, yeah, I'm just talking about the PSP games here, I never played the original PSU. They added apparently two more nanoblasts since PSU, which had unique attacks and looked cool. I liked using Zavn Val it was fast as gently caress compared to the other options.

Cerulily
Dec 28, 2012

Edited, i guess the story stuff ISN'T translated?

I still have no clue what i am doing.

Long story short, despite putting hundreds of hours into PSO1/2... i have no clue what i am doing!

Cerulily fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 6, 2013

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Mewnie posted:

The invincibility blast for beasts was, IMHO, the only one worth taking. You could still die if you used the other ones- but with the blue one, you just had to run in and start wailing away until it wore off.

This was my whole strategy through PSP2 and I loved every second of it. If they bring in Beasts to PSO2 without these I would be so very sad.

I'm going to start playing this game tonight, I guess Ranger.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Surprise Noodle posted:

There...were no higher level or rare nanoblasts. There were 4 options, all of which you unlocked at level 20. At higher levels, using your nanoblast actually sharply decreased your DPS potential, so...yeah. As far as SUVs go, Paradi Cataract was small potatoes compared to later ones like Ares Espada.

Isn't this just Over End now? :v:

Cerulily posted:

Edited, i guess the story stuff ISN'T translated?

I still have no clue what i am doing.

Long story short, despite putting hundreds of hours into PSO1/2... i have no clue what i am doing!

It is. You need to go to http://arks-layer.com/ to get the story patch, though. It's a separate and very large file. It's also linked in the OP, I think.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Very late edit: I made a terrible video and I hope you enjoy it. It's basically what you can expect to do when you join Nol Vacancy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_a1QQET0rw

I enjoyed this video very much, and I feel it captures the essence of what it means to be in the goon team.

Cerulily
Dec 28, 2012

Dawnfire posted:

Isn't this just Over End now? :v:

It is. You need to go to http://arks-layer.com/ to get the story patch, though. It's a separate and very large file. It's also linked in the OP, I think.

I enjoyed this video very much, and I feel it captures the essence of what it means to be in the goon team.

I went there and got the torrent that i used to install my PSO, (it was a big chunk of bin files and an EXE)... unless i did something wrong?

I'll have to check again when i get home in a couple hours.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cerulily posted:

I went there and got the torrent that i used to install my PSO, (it was a big chunk of bin files and an EXE)... unless i did something wrong?

I'll have to check again when i get home in a couple hours.

That sounds like the full, up to date client that AIDA put together. I don't think the story patch is included in that, due to being rather large.

Cerulily
Dec 28, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

That sounds like the full, up to date client that AIDA put together. I don't think the story patch is included in that, due to being rather large.

oh k, i will have to look more thoroughly.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!
So me and LQ-84i were going through Desert Exploration and we came across a area that looked like this:

The Map fully explored look like this:

I didn't even think this was possible, also, there were no enemies, at all.

Tepplen fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 6, 2013

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

animaCartographer posted:

I didn't even think this was possible, also, there were no enemies, at all.

Yeah, I think you can run into this (not mine) there during a Duel if you get lucky(?).

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

maketakunai posted:

Yeah, I think you can run into this (not mine) there during a Duel if you get lucky(?).

Yeah, normally you're supposed to see that boss if you go to that spot(2 ragne's also show up there , but those might have been a placeholder before the boss was added)

vvv when I did it, I got a dark ragne code duel that changed over into a dark ragne code duel. Since all of free roam is a MPA, maybe another party killed it already?

Tengames fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 6, 2013

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tengames posted:

Yeah, normally you're supposed to see that boss if you go to that spot(2 ragne's also show up there , but those might have been a placeholder before the boss was added)

I know I got that block once before Vharda was even released, and there were no enemies at all either :shrug:

Cerulily
Dec 28, 2012

OK patched up, how do i join with the rest of the goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cerulily posted:

OK patched up, how do i join with the rest of the goons?

You're on Ship 2, yes? Drop your Player ID here and one of us will let you in to Nol Vacancy so you can dance murder wildlife with us. I'll probably hop on in about 10-15 minutes.

• Locked thread