Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Here's my friend doing Civil War Reenactment, he's on the left. It's a pretty good costume and he's not creepy or socially crippled, but jesus christ, that facial hair and those glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

I am not a book posted:

That's definitely the MIA, but IIRC that's the Chinese section. I've spent several hours in that exibit, it's awesome.

From my experience, weeaboos can't tell the loving difference.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

I'm 99% sure I know those people. If so, I got alcohol spilling dude suspended for bringing in a bullet to middle school to try to look cool once and he threatened to "bust a cap in my rear end" another time, he's exactly as much of an awkward loser as he looks in that picture.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Ez posted:

Liking ponies doesn't make you a pedophile but I'm pretty sure that moustache does.

And the neck"beard". If you're gonna grow one at least actually grow it, neck stubble is somehow even creepier/crappier.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Shadeoses posted:

I can't see why there haven't been more Gooncamps.

I just can't see now, period.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

AntimatterSpork posted:

yeah that's right all those mentally ill people are just lazy and making it up, if they had a real disorder they'd have pulled themselves up by their bootstraps already!

If they're self diagnosing themself, then yes, yes they are just making it up.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

SaltLick posted:

Gooncamp makes Gathering of the Juggalos look like amateur hour. Jesus.

Not really? Some of the juggalos are skinnier, but only because of the meth.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

WebDog posted:

The painting is correct regarding hatiquette. (However there's a notable exception in this painting). Other indoor allowances included a public bar, saloon or a hotel lobby. Generally if it's public, keep it on. With a formal establishment, like a restaurant, you'd check it in with your coat or hang it up nearby. You wouldn't wear the hat if you were going to a ball or dance - you'd arrive wearing it, but leave it in the lobby.

The picture is also a lesson in social guidelines - however this is German not English so I'm not sure how mourning etiquette crosses over at the time.
The fact of the bloke leering over the seat is made worse by the woman being in full mourning dress. Being in mourning she wouldn't be available for social engagements - a widow wasn't allowed to leave her house for a year; so it's easy to assume this might be a daughter on an errand in lieu of her mother. Also his hat is clamped on, no regard to social politeness, he is trying to woo her by status alone and is using every item at his disposal (look at that bloody bow tie!).

It's message is strongly suggesting that despite her appearing both vulnerable and available, she actually isn't, and you're making a fool of yourself should you try. The old bloke is the background doesn't want to watch this scene play out.

His glasses also seem to be lorgnettes, so he's pretty much just full on peacocking. This painting is so loving great. :allears:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
How could you post those links and not include these guys in your posts:

Look at that name. They're seriously called The Mexicools.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I don't get why nerds think "swag" and "class" are opposites. Besides being scared of black people and rap, I mean.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Kontradaz posted:

That image really is gross. Half the girls in the upper tier look like children.

It was ganked from the creepy PUA kickstarter thread in GBS, and according to one of the posters in it one of them in middle tiers is a pic of a person they know... from when that person was 13. So good guess!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Some dude I used to go to school with just updated his cover photo on Facebook:

Yes, those are all him.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Triple Doctor Who cover photo guy just uploaded 352 photos from something called Steam Dream Expo 2013. Sadly, lots of barely different photos of the same poo poo, but it's still pretty much a goldmine.

I'll dig through more later to see if anything exceptional is in there.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Double Plus Good posted:

You just know all four of these fuckers went stag.

Went stag implies they're actually going somewhere and not just taking a picture in suits to prove how "classy" they are.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I do! I'm finishing up a history degree soon, so this kind of stuff outside my field(more labor history and focused on mainland Asia and Latin America) interests me.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

RillAkBea posted:

Nope, Japanese TV is just heavily annotated all the time. On talk shows and variety shows, one of the corners usually keeps the topic at hand, often accompanied by the show logo. If it's a special episode one of the corners usually houses a banner for that. Other than that you can expect some spoken things to pop up as writing on screen, especially from the narrator. Pretty much all Japanese TV is like that.

EDIT: Want me that 'Easy Feet' though, drat that looks convenient.

You mean like this?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

She's fat, but that shirt is true. :colbert:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

rodbeard posted:

Death metal peacocking.

I'm pretty sure death metal peacocking is wearing blue jeans instead of black jorts.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
What's more :spergin:, not understanding non-literal language, or pretending not to to try to look smart?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Lucid Nonsense posted:

Maybe I just get better pussy than you neckbeards.

Just because they make fleshlights from a mold doesn't mean they don't have flaws.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

ThatPazuzu posted:

If you're going around the office giving everyone mix-tapes about asses you should be promoted to upper management ASAP.

Then it would be an autobiographical mix tape.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Grope-A-Matic posted:

Like most things with reddit, goons did it first and better. http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/ms-paint-goons/1/

From the second article of that series:

Is that before this dude had his E/N meltdown? I forget, but I think so. Shockingly prescient if it was.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Those pointy jowl sideburns are awkward as gently caress.

Can sideburns even grow that way naturally? I'm pretty sure he has to trim them that way on purpose, which makes it 10x worse.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

thylacine posted:

Pin the head on the metalhead.

Camo cargo jorts, it's like a hat trick of stupid pants.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

AlmightyBob posted:

Unless you paid 10s of thousands for it direct from the swordsmith in Japan, your 100% authentic katana is gonna be a pressed steel piece of poo poo.

FTFY.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Holy androgyny batman.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

One of my friends just shared this with me. It's like an anti-matter resume, when ever it touches a job offer it annihilates it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

BattleMaster posted:

What amuses me is that he has a great GPA and qualifications and experience but because he's completely socially braindead no one he sends that to is going to actually read them. I mean, maybe someone might glance at them as the resume is being passed around the office to be ridiculed. But at that point it's much too late. Only one chance for a first impression and all that.

Seriously, your qualifications don't mean poo poo if you have no social skills.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
That's because you're not seeing it in its original context: in the middle of a book of satire.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
People who actually say "Squee" in real life are the loving worst. It's a giant glowing warning sign that you're in for "OMG, so ran-dum!" and a lack of personal physical boundries.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
This is a group photo a video game dev team put on their Kickstarter:

This is supposed to make people want to buy their game, somehow.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Inspector Zenigata posted:

Hahaha my brother majored in rhetoric, which I suppose is a baby-step above majoring in "persuasion". Then again, my alma mater isn't exactly known for its adherence to the classics, academically.

What? Rhetoric was one of the most important subjects a student was expected to study at universities before the modern major system. If anything they're adhering too closely to the classics.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
It seems like it's just "friend zone" whining plus stalking. I mean, that's totally gross and awkward, but it doesn't seem like there's going to be any particularly crazy story behind it besides that.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Well, if society is so wrong, why aren't you flaunting your beauty without the societal constricts of clothes and makeup?

Oh yeah, because you're gross.

Or because she'd be arrested for public nudity like anyone else? She's ugly but "Why aren't you going naked in public then?" is a pretty dumb criticism.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

kinmik posted:

Picard has the same look of crushing despair and disappointment as this dad.

But that's not content, because this guy is just a little awesome.

This is.
https://www.collegehumor.com/video/6913317/my-little-brony-toy-commercial
I get that bronies are low-hanging fruit at this point in time, but the video made me laugh a little. To get that special level of rancid awkwardness in your mouth, read the comments at the bottom.

Says the guy with this as his profile pic.

You missed the best exchange:

I'm not sure anyone of those three comes out looking good.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Pretty sure that's a joke.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They're anime schoolgirl body pillows. What d'you think they're designed and made for? Why wouldn't they have boobs?

I mean, it's deeply, soul-destroyingly horrifying, but it isn't surprising.

I just kinda assumed the universe would take it upon itself to destroy an abomination like that.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
What. Why? Why would you wear American cheese singles?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

To mask the smell.

gently caress you. I'm already laying in bed in pain with a pulled back muscle and now I want to puke too. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm sure everyone will be surprised when I tell you a blue tie with a black shirt is the traditional local nazi garb from the thirties.

Is that a black shirt? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the dude is a racist prick, but that looks like a navy blue shirt.

EDIT: The undershirt is black. :doh:

• Locked thread