Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
It's hard to get a screw when you're a fan of Doctor Who.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCFuKUyb_8E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Question Mark Mound posted:

This makes no sense at all. Isn't the point of a trophy buck's head to show that you got a perfect shot between the eyes or made a particularly difficult shot from a distance? Displaying the severed head of roadkill just screams "mental illness" to me.

I think the trick is that they lie to their friends about it.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Listen, if you don't understand why "non-harmful bestiality" is illegal, than you deserve any amount of scorn this thread is willing to throw at you.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Haymaker_Betty posted:

Supposedly it's legal to gently caress animals in California if you don't hurt the animal :stonk: I still can't find it written in law anywhere, but I'm not a law expert.

My state is weird sometimes.

I don't believe it. Gotta be an urban legend.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

beato posted:

Is that a Real Doll?

Magres posted:

It's a loving mannequin

Same difference.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Looked that up on Wikipedia. Thanks a lot :tipshat:

:nms::nws: http://i.imgur.com/VvdPnU4.jpg :nms::nws:

That poor woman in the middle and her :saddowns: boobs. They look like they'd just rip themselves off her body under their own weight if she stopped supporting them with her hands.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

Edmonton is the MRA capital of Canada. No one should ever go there.

Alberta: Canada's Texas :canada:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Peppi posted:

Is smoking not allowed in american universities?

Public building. He can smoke if he wants, he just has to walk twenty feet out the door.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

HaroldofTheRock posted:

This one takes a little patience, but may I present you with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsTJYpCgWE4

This guy is an evolution denier, which are a dime a dozen on youtube. But if you can stomach watching this video, you might find amusement at how hard he tries to sound intelligent by using big words like "academia", "forthwith", etc, while getting fundamental aspects of evolution completely wrong, and on some cases only managing to spit out incomplete sentences. It's just...ugh.

Looking at his other videos, specifically the ones where his hair is down, and listening to the way he talks, I have come to a conclusion: this man thinks he is Qui-Gon Jinn.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Well, that's considerably more tame than what I imagined when you said it had a "loving pony" on it.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I am going to choose to live in a fantasy world where the two Final Fantasy 7 characters she chose were ones with normal loving names, like Vincent, Rufus, Scarlett, or Barrett. In fact, those are the only four I can think of, so here's hoping it's two of those.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Wait, you can complain to imgur to get photos taken down? I'm surprised Reddit doesn't boycott it, what with their :pedophiles: craziness.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Tin Tim posted:

quote:

My heros: Guy Fawkes, Carl Sagan, H.P. Lovecraft, The Joker, Charles Manson, Marylin Manson, Alister Crowley, Nikola Tesla, Ted bundy, Ron Paul, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, countless others

Crazy theocrat, science educator, crazy racist author, fictional crazy person, real crazy person, slightly crazy musician, crazy person, crazy scientist, crazy serial killer, crazy politician, two crazy murderers.

One of these things is not like the others. . .

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Was Guy Fawkes actually particularly zealous for his time? All I really know about him is that he plotted to restore Catholicism in England.

He cared enough about it to want to blow up a building full of (relatively) innocent people to get his point across. That's fairly zealous, I'd say.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

How does someone not know how Venn diagrams work???

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

nihilistic_fish posted:

This happened today:

Where was this taken? I think I've met this guy but I can't quite place it.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

nihilistic_fish posted:

At a local comic shop in Fullerton, CA. I don't know if I want to give the name of the shop because I am buddies with the owner and he is a great guy. His store is cool too but I have to remember to avoid any card game days.

I think I have met him then; not at that shop but elsewhere in the LA area. Good to know I'm not crazy; when I saw his face I just got all of these vague recollections about how weird he is (exactly as weird as you'd expect from that beard).

You know, sometimes I wish that I had become addicted to some hobby other than tabletop gaming.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Xiahou Dun posted:

What.

What?!

Is there a story? What is going on here?

When a mommy and a daddy love each other very much, they get in a hot tub with two of daddy's friends and one of them rests his scrotum on daddy's forehead. And that's how babies are made, and why some babies don't know who their father is.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Well, she looks not-deformed, and chicken nuggets aren't known to contain a lot of the vitamins necessary to grow up not-deformed, so either it's an outright lie, or her diet wasn't nearly as superlative as she claims.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

His beard looks like Wolverine's hair.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

"I'm very sorry for your loss, here's $50" seems really loving awkward to me. Funerals aren't exactly gift-giving occasions.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Breast milk cures cancer now? Who the gently caress comes up with this bullshit? Jesus making GBS threads christ, there's so much stuff that "cures" cancer out there, it's a wonder anyone still gets it at all.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

"goon hairflip.gif"

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Why'd you edit out every post in this thread? Did some neckbeard whose picture you posted catch wind of it or something?

edit: every post ever. . . :tinfoil:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Themata posted:

Someone internet detectived Inspector Zenigata and took poo poo too loving far: Link here :smith:

loving goons.

I can't really say I ever liked Zenigata's posting, but that poo poo is super uncool :smith:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Shugojin posted:

Why are atheist groups so childish? They always just pop out of the woodwork in response to any sort of Christian-related event and act go NEENER NEENER THERE'S NO GOD.

Maybe because (in America, at least) every time you try to teach some biology, Christians pop out of the woodwork and go NEENER NEENER THERE'S NO EVOLUTION.

And every time you try to promote racial equality, Christians pop out of the woodwork and go BROWN PEOPLE ARE TERRORISTS.

And every time you try to keep state and church separate, Christians pop out of the woodwork and go THIS IS A CHRISTIAN NATION.

And every time you try to get elected to public office while being non-Christian, Christians pop out of the woodwork and go HE'S EVIL BECAUSE HE'S NOT CHRISTIAN.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

How Rude posted:

Because all Christians are fundamentalist extremists....? :confused:
EDIT: where is your fedora

:ironicat:

My point was that some atheists are assholes, and some Christians are assholes. I was responding to Shugogin's implied generalizations in the same language he used, to make a rhetorical point. Thanks for generalizing me directly, though.

If you do a Christian thing on a college campus in America, yeah some atheists are going to pop up and be assholes. If you do the things I mentioned in America, some Christians are going to pop up and be assholes. A lot of people are assholes. Personally, I know which side I'm rooting for, even if some of the people on my side are assholes. If that makes me on the same level as the women-hating, fashion-sense-lacking people that get mocked (justifiably) in this thread, then I guess you can feel free to mock me too.

Paladinus posted:

America is a pretty awkward country to live in.

It definitely is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Serperoth posted:

(are they? sunglasses inside a building make me presume that they're part of the outfit)

• Locked thread