Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I've never played any kind of traditional game like this, or even seen one played. I'm not big into the Orc/Dwarf theme that seems to be the main style they follow. I've played the poo poo out of fallout though, and I could definitely get into this if starting with no idea what is going on isn't too much of a burden. If there's space, I've already got an idea of a direction to go with a character. I'm on the forums daily, so I can be active, but that's about all I bring to the table. :shrug: I don't have crazy dice (which the core rules said was required for every player) or anything else that is traditional game specific, so I can really only play if it's just keeping up with what's going on and posting. The learning curve would probably make this more fun for me just because of the uncharted territory aspect, but if it'd be a major pain in the rear end for everyone, I'd rather pass for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dr.Idle posted:

I'll help you get setup and I feel bad for assuming everyone knows the format and such. You can use Orokos.com to make your rolls, it tracks rolls and you can link them as well. I'll go into more detail about it and character creation in a bit. Currently on phone and I'll need my comp.

Ah, don't feel bad. I've skimmed a handful of threads in here, and I haven't seen anyone who didn't already know all this stuff. After work tomorrow I'm off for a few days, so I should be able to get up to speed. Thanks for the help.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Edited and included equipment into skill points.

code:
Name: Alhambra Jones
Eyes: Brown Hair: Black Appearance: Lanky and stern

BASE STATS (Sum to 47)
ST   5 [+1] [1/5/10]
PE   5 [+1] [1/5/10]
EN   9 [+2] [1/5/10]
CH   6 [+1] [1/5/10]
IN   9 [+1] [1/5/10]
AG   9 [+2] [1/5/10]
LK   6 [+1] [1/5/10]

DERIVED STATS
HP: 36/38    (3 + [1/2 EN] = 7 / LVL)
AC: 8/9      (AG + Armor)
Normal:  0DR 0DT 0Armor
Laser:   0DR 0DT 0Armor
Fire:    0DR 0DT 0Armor
Plasma:  0DR 0DT 0Armor
Explode: 0DR 0DT 0Armor
Carry Weight: 150 Lbs (25 + 25xStr)
Melee Damage: 1       (ST-5, Min 1)
Poisin Resist: 40/45%    (ENx5)
Rad Resist: 16/18%       (ENx2)
Gas Resist: 0         (Gear: Inhale/Contact)
Elec. Resist: 15%
Dmg. Threshold: 0     (Gear)
Dmg. Resist: 0        (Gear)
Action Points: 9     (1/2AG+5)
Sequence: 10          (2xPE)
Healing Rate: 8/9       (EN)
Crit Chance: 6%       (Luck + Skills)

SKILLS (No tags, subtract 10 from all skills)

SKILL	    BASE/EQUIPMENT     FORMULA
*Small Guns     27/31          5+(4xAG)
Big Guns        6/8            0%+(2xAG)
Energy Weapons  6/8            0%+(2xAG)
Unarmed         46/48          30%+(2x(AG+ST)
Melee Weapons   36/38           20%+(2x(AG+ST)
Throwing        22/26           0%+(4xAG)
First Aid       16/18           0%+(2x(PE+AG)
Doctor          8/9            5%+(PE+EN)
*Sneak          21/24           5%+(3xAG)+2)
Lockpick        13/14           10%+(PE+AG)
Steal           14/17          0%+(3xAG)
Traps           13/14           10%+(PE+AG)
Science         26             0%+(4xIN)
Repair          17             0%+(3xIN)
Pilot           16/18           0%+(2x(AG+PE))
Speech          20             0%+(5xCH)
Barter          14             0%+(4xCH)
*Gambling       34             0%+(4xLK)+20)
Outdoorsman     24/26           0%+(2x(EN+IN))

TRAITS
- Human: 15% Resistance to Electricity.
- Human: Perk every 3 levels.
- Gifted:  All Stats get a 1- point bonus, but all skills get a 10% penalty and you receive 5 less Skill Points per level
- Jack of all trades: You have no tagged skills, but receive 2 times the skill points per level

WEAPONS 

CROWBAR
Ammo: N/A
Rnds: N/A Burst: N/A Min. ST: 5 W: 5 lb 
Dmg: (1d12+3) + MD Rng: 1
One handed AP: 3 / 4 / - (Single, Target, Burst)
Two handed AP: 4 / 5 / -
W: 5 lbs. Dmg: (1d12+3) + MD Rng: 1

EQUIPMENT (11 / 150 lbs)
360 Caps - 300 =  60 Caps
ITEM                    Wt.   Cost
Brahmin-Skin Outfit     5     175  (+1 EN, +1 AG, AC: 1)
Lighter                       10
Healing Powder          1     50

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 27, 2013

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ryuujin posted:

I think you may be looking at the 10% incorrectly. Say you have a skill of 60%, subtracting 10% makes that skill 50%. That is what it means. It is harsh, especially on a low int character as you lose the usual +5 skill points a level and are relying on only 2xIntelligence.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that skill points are referred to in percentages. Not used to that. Hmmmm. I've got almost max intelligence, which I imagine I'll get to eventually, and double skill points on top of that, so I'll be getting 36 skill points each level. 40 if I get intelligence to max with some equipment or something. It's just a matter of getting over that hump of starting with no tags and -10 in every category. Pretty tall order.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 27, 2013

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
drat, you're right. I don't know how I missed that. I'll go back and fix it. I planned on giving a backstory, but I want to get my card right first. And let me go ahead and join in on the want to play first bandwagon. If there's 7 people who want to play right off the bat, I'll give up my spot and watch.

• Locked thread