Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
0lives
Nov 1, 2012

I also came here to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D667MXM88lc
Here's just the video for the exceptionally lazy types such as myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
It's been brought up a couple times, I think some goons occasionally hop on together on a server. It's not very fleshed out or fully-featured last I heard, though, and is fairly underpopulated. Best bet is probably making sure you have enough dudes who want to play a round together before you hop on.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Are there servers where you can goof around and have fun or is everyone super serious about RP? I don't play SS13 because I enjoy running a space station.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

Are there servers where you can goof around and have fun or is everyone super serious about RP? I don't play SS13 because I enjoy running a space station.

Speaking for our servers, LLJK #1 is the more serious one. LLJK #2 is for when you wanna goof around, RP be damned (although some RP can still be fun, but it's on a voluntary basis).

Outside our servers, if you'd like a :frogsiren: unique RP experience :frogsiren: you could try Citadel station.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i was about to say something like that then i realised he meant the submarine game

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just pray to get the admins to change the space tiles to water

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Spy_Guy posted:

Speaking for our servers, LLJK #1 is the more serious one. LLJK #2 is for when you wanna goof around, RP be damned (although some RP can still be fun, but it's on a voluntary basis).

Outside our servers, if you'd like a :frogsiren: unique RP experience :frogsiren: you could try Citadel station.

Sorry I should have worded my post better, I meant the submarine game.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

Oof, I'm too tired today to be helpful correctly.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Hobo Clown posted:

Hobo Clown posted:

There's a "single-player" option where you can jump between bots that otherwise can complete basic tasks. This mode also allows you to accept missions/kill sea critters, etc.

I would love to see a goon presence in this game though! v:shobon:v

Alunan
May 27, 2008
Byond is cancer.

Alunan fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 22, 2017

Haine
Dec 14, 2007

SPACE STATION 13
A
SERIOUS GAME
ABOUT
SERIOUS ATMOSPHERICS SIMULATION
and birds
Byond has had ads for a long time. 511 is certainly not the first version to have them.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Lljk devs excusing byond ads are cancer

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
man gently caress all y'all byond is cool and we should support them, watch ads or buy a membership you dorks

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

SpaceClown posted:

Dude. It's not that long a wait, there's no ads in game, and you're not paying anything for the work of byond and ss13 devs.

And the ads don't even load half the time.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Quit complaining about a free game.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
How loving dare they show short ads on this game after the amount of money I paid for it. The corrupt goonstation administration probably gets a kickback too from all the money they make off of my immense emotional anguish of having to watch a short ad on a 100% free game that usually doesn't even actually load.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I bought a 5 year byond membership and then fell out of playing after a year of it. :smith: I don't know how many hundreds of hours I spent playing ss13 so it all balances out.

I also bankrolled an admin for a short while, that alone was worth it for access to the ban request subforum.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Quit complaining about a free game.

ill complain for as long as i want to cause the drat developers cant manage to keep a gall dang population which is their only fuckin job.

sa used to run the hub now lljk is a loving joke.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
You're expecting a lot for a game engine that caters primarily to people making anime rpgs

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
True story, I have never had a BYOND ad load. Ever. Granted I did have a subscription for several years but since it's lapsed I have never once seen an ad successfully display.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I had ads in the previous BYOND version but not this one.

I don't mind though, as when the ads play you can't turn off the sound for them in the window, despite there being a volume control icon.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I bet you fuckers use adblock and deny needy youtubers like Linkara and Darksydephil money, you thieves.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

does the lljk host even choose to have ads? I thought it was just a BYOND thing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Leal posted:

I bet you fuckers use adblock and deny needy youtubers like Linkara and Darksydephil money, you thieves.

When there is no longer a non-zero chance of major ad providers having a malicious one in their rotation, then people might just maybe consider disabling the adblockers.

Which they will disable shortly after hell is frozen regardless.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Leal posted:

I believe BYOND uses Internet Explorer? I don't have adblock on that. I have however not updated IE in like 800 years, so it's possible my version is just incompatible with the ads but not with the other features.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
ill complain for as long as i want to cause the drat developers cant manage to keep a gall dang population which is their only fuckin job. sa used to run the hub now lljk is a loving joke.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ill complain for aslong as i want to cause thedamn developers cant manage to keep a galldang population whichis their only fuckin job sa used to run the hub now lljk is a fuckingjoke

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012

SpaceClown posted:

ill complain for as long as i want to cause the drat developers cant manage to keep a gall dang population which is their only fuckin job.

a job, yes

not, like, a hobby or something involving catering to loud screaming manchildren in their free time or anything

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
thing is, from what i can tell, population has been pretty consistent in the two years i've been playing and has, if anything, been increasing lately

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

thing is, from what i can tell, population has been pretty consistent in the two years i've been playing and has, if anything, been increasing lately
on the other hand, sa ysed to run the hoib and lnow llkj is ufja kcifuyco kj j j joke

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

on the other hand, sa ysed to run the hoib and lnow llkj is ufja kcifuyco kj j j joke

Hey, you. Yeah, you; the poor soul that found the person we know as Lunchmeat Larry slumped over their keyboard frothing at the mouth and twitching like a meth addict. Be a dear and call them an ambulance, I think they're having a stroke :ohdear:.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Leal posted:

goddamn, huge slam on Linkara out of nowhere :stare: dude's a dork but he is basically the anti-DSP

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hey, you. Yeah, you; the poor soul that found the person we know as Lunchmeat Larry slumped over their keyboard frothing at the mouth and twitching like a meth addict. Be a dear and call them an ambulance, I think they're having a stroke :ohdear:.
I just remembered the time I was playing SS13 and my oven exploded and I was trying to explain that I meant IRL while the AI said I was a suspicious liar because the kitchen was fine and I was being a chef in it at the time

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Cirrial posted:

a job, yes

not, like, a hobby or something involving catering to loud screaming manchildren in their free time or anything

They sure are poo poo at their hobby :colbert:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
stfu spaceclown

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

If you uninstall the standalone flash player the ads can't load, just fyi

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
when i have no more complaints to air, then i will stfu

also literally just hexedit the byond exe to disable the ad player, not that hard people there are guides all over the gosh dang internet.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just remembered the time I was playing SS13 and my oven exploded and I was trying to explain that I meant IRL while the AI said I was a suspicious liar because the kitchen was fine and I was being a chef in it at the time

This is awesome.

Haine
Dec 14, 2007

SPACE STATION 13
A
SERIOUS GAME
ABOUT
SERIOUS ATMOSPHERICS SIMULATION
and birds

SpaceClown posted:

I said that the ads have been around for a while, not that they were good or that you shouldn't block them. But thanks for assuming I like them (I don't, they're incredibly obnoxious) I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

SpaceClown posted:

havre you tried citadel statiopn, friend, it seems like it would be mroe youre styl eif you're lookgin for a popular sotpace station fioed game

• Locked thread