Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012

SpaceClown posted:

They sure are poo poo at their hobby :colbert:

ok, screaming manchild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
say it with me, coders are big gay retards.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SpaceClown posted:

say it with me, coders are big gay retards.
greetings,coder

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

greetings,coder

im wire's alt ama

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Just take the byond ads as an excuse to learn how to use radare2 or something, I guess.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
When did the bug with emote shortcuts and wasd movement happen? I hit ctrl s to scream and i also take a step down.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

so, whats the eta on fuckable owls

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

frodnonnag posted:

When did the bug with emote shortcuts and wasd movement happen? I hit ctrl s to scream and i also take a step down.

It happened when Lummox fixed a bug we were abusing for the movement system. The fix made it do the windows *boop* noise every time you pressed a key and the workaround triggered that behaviour.

I've put in a possible fix for that just now.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Spy_Guy posted:

It happened when Lummox fixed a bug we were abusing for the movement system. The fix made it do the windows *boop* noise every time you pressed a key and the workaround triggered that behaviour.

I've put in a possible fix for that just now.

While you are in there, a little request. Reduce the cooldown for screaming but add a stamina hit every time you scream. I wanna scream until i pass out.

Edit: dance too.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 23, 2017

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

frodnonnag posted:

While you are in there, a little request. Reduce the cooldown for screaming but add a stamina hit every time you scream. I wanna scream until i pass out.

Better idea: anyone remember how tapping the stomp button in dead space(2, i think?) would cause Isaac to get progressively louder and louder, culminating in him screaming and shouting obscenities and then finally being completely out of breath and tired when he was finished? Do something like that, which culminates in the person passing out.

Better idea: give it a small chance to have the person go full goku and scream till they turn super saiyan, glowy hair and all. With the caveat that the next person to punch them automatically ko's them right the gently caress out.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

Better idea: anyone remember how tapping the stomp button in dead space(2, i think?) would cause Isaac to get progressively louder and louder, culminating in him screaming and shouting obscenities and then finally being completely out of breath and tired when he was finished? Do something like that, which culminates in the person passing out.

Better idea: give it a small chance to have the person go full goku and scream till they turn super saiyan, glowy hair and all. With the caveat that the next person to punch them automatically ko's them right the gently caress out.

That is too anime and therefore too terrible. Please stop.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
ss13 is anime

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i take it back, lljk coders aren't stupid enough to add in a fov so i guess they are pretty cool guys

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

frodnonnag posted:

The game has an :uguu: emote and a fedora hat tip emote, but having a small chance to spontaneously turn into an extremely anime thing, thus signalling people that you're the easiest 1 hit KO ever is too anime? :raise:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

frodnonnag posted:

Make it so dancing has a chance to cause you to come down with Boogie Fever.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

frodnonnag posted:

I miss being able to fart myself unconscious :sigh:.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I've been rediscovering my love for fire extinguisher stack launchers. you can mass produce enough to instant kill someone in a couple minutes, and it's so satisfying when it connects and you get that hit of lag followed by a full page of red text messages. I spent most of my changeling mechanic round as a monkey just constantly making really obvious deathtraps.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I miss being able to fart myself unconscious :sigh:.

i miss being able to fart my way through space

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

frodnonnag posted:

Goku is my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ssj:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Where do I find that awesome legendary goon court trial post

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

legendaries can drop off world bosses, emissary caches, withered training box, or blingtron

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

For the first time in what seems forever I was assassinated by a non-traitor detective for having the gall of naming myself Steve Bannon with the added inspection text of being the literal grim reaper. There's some good political satire here, a spook killing a key advisor.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Name yourself shotgunbill and you will be dead in 12 seconds.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PopeCrunch posted:

legendaries can drop off world bosses, emissary caches, withered training box, or blingtron

SS13 has Blingtrons now? :eyepop:

gently caress Blizzard and gently caress their demented idiotic ideas about Legendaries.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

verbal enema posted:

Where do I find that awesome legendary goon court trial post

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3551842&userid=154873&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post420937387

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Name yourself shotgunbill and you will be dead in 12 seconds.

always kill bill

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I miss when Shotgunbill played as Granny Smith.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Boiled Water posted:

For the first time in what seems forever I was assassinated by a non-traitor detective for having the gall of naming myself Steve Bannon with the added inspection text of being the literal grim reaper. There's some good political satire here, a spook killing a key advisor.

Next time name yourself Milo I'm sure you'll get a warm reception

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poland Spring posted:

Next time name yourself Milo I'm sure you'll get a warm reception

by which we mean you'll be set on fire

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Supertrains are a thing again. This one spanned the width and height of the station. Didn't lag much, either. I'm pretty impressed.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Plastik posted:

Supertrains are a thing again. This one spanned the width and height of the station. Didn't lag much, either. I'm pretty impressed.

While you are on a cart you will not trigger the ai core turrets.

Alunan
May 27, 2008
I can't figure out how to put a petri dish into the pathogen manipulator.

It just keeps saying there are no slots.

Any ideas?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Alunan posted:

I can't figure out how to put a petri dish into the pathogen manipulator.

It just keeps saying there are no slots.

Any ideas?

You have to tell the computer to open a slot.

Alunan
May 27, 2008

SugarAddict posted:

You have to tell the computer to open a slot.

The medical computer in the pathology lab I am assuming?

thanks.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Plastik posted:

Is this what the changelog meant by 'certain objects are scanable again'?

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
bring back the death commandos

Alunan
May 27, 2008
Is there anyway to test gas mixtures in canister bombs without actually detonating the canister and maybe wiping out half the station? The VR machine doesn't seem to work and I have tried every Oxygen-Plasma mix from 5-95 to 50-50 when I am traitor.

Or do canister bombs not actually explode?

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Use the research outpost for testing canister bombs, a maxcap should just barely graze the side of the main station.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Are we talking barely graze graze or are we talking blows out all the windows graze?

This is important.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

We're talking oops I made 10,000 10 unit nitroglycerin pills lag here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Download the latest public release and test it on your own server. It is faster and less annoying for everyone.

• Locked thread