Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
If you're polite and calmly explain that it was indeed the evil crew member next to you and go along with security amiciably, for some reason they're more likely to let you go :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Donut
Aug 28, 2008

Zelensky's Zealots
Soiled Meat
I was one of your assistants in that round lenin. That round was awesome, (saber squad; best squad) although the c-saber with the seizure effect might want to be toned down a bit.

When it comes to traitors and fun I like to play by the rule 'be the change you want to see'. So if you, as the detective, spot someone gathering traitor gear within the first few minutes of the round sure you could go in and shoot them up but that's not too much fun. Play around. I think the admins do a pretty good job of dealing with legitimately bad/griefing/unfun players.

Also treadchairs should totally be a thing.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

The Donut posted:

Also treadchairs should totally be a thing.

Just put them on the MULE with the safety off. :getin:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Kinetica posted:

If you're polite and calmly explain that it was indeed the evil crew member next to you and go along with security amiciably, for some reason they're more likely to let you go :iiam:

I usually put myself in the shoes of the person I am arresting. "What would I think was reasonable had I been caught under such circumstances?" People who were blatantly murdering usually get the execution treatment, but if I caught somebody e-magging or some other minor traitor thing I usually confiscate everything bad & give them a jail term. Deep down I know the system works and traitors can be reformed, productive crewmembers.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

I remember the Segway and MULEs first getting implemented. Please don't let wheelchairs run people over. Its the worst. Or at least make it take harm intent.

Treadchairs definitely should though. And to balance it, allow wheelchairs to do sick wheelies down the hallways which Treadchairs can't do.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Gibbed #3, right now posted:

for r arm
r arm got past arm checks
for l hand
l hand got past arm checks
for r hand
r hand got past arm checks
for l leg
l leg got past arm checks
for r leg
r leg got past arm checks
for l foot
l foot got past arm checks
for r foot
r foot got past arm checks
running update damage icon
for chest
chest got past arm checks
for groin
groin got past arm checks
for head
head got past arm checks
for l arm
l arm got past arm checks
for r arm
for l hand
for r hand
for l leg
for r leg
for l foot
for r foot
for chest
for groin
for head
head got past arm checks
for l arm
for r arm
for l hand
for r hand
for l leg
for r leg
for l foot
for r foot
for chest
for groin
for head
head got past arm checks
for l arm
for r arm
for l hand
for r hand
for l leg
for r leg
for l foot
for r foot
for chest
for groin
for head
head got past arm checks
for l arm
for r arm
for l hand
for r hand
for l leg
for r leg
for l foot
for r foot
for chest
for groin
for head
head got past arm checks
for l arm
for r arm
for l hand
for r hand
for l leg
for r leg
for l foot
for r foot
for chest
for groin
for head
head got past arm checks
for l arm
for r arm
for l hand
for r hand
for l leg
for r leg
for l foot
for r foot
for chest
for groin
for head
head got past arm checks
for l arm
for r arm
for l hand
for r hand
for l leg
for r leg
for l foot
for r foot
for chest
for groin
for head
head got past arm checks
for l arm
for r arm
for l hand
for r hand
for l leg
for r leg
for l foot
for r foot
for chest
for groin
for head
head got past arm checks
for l arm
for r arm
for l hand
for r hand
for l leg
for r leg
for l foot
for r foot
for chest
for groin
for head
head got past arm checks
for l arm
for r arm
for l hand
for r hand
for l leg
for r leg
for l foot
for r foot

Goddamnit, InfiniteMonkeys.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
And we just had the greatest 3 seconds of IRC as a result.

<Blinkdog> > http://puu.sh/38iyg.png I like to imagine reading this like the "foot bone connected to the leg bone" song
<Blinkdog> It gets better if you imagine the singers getting more and more concerned as the song goes on
<Blinkdog> looking at each other worriedly mouthing "I don't think this is right..."

holy hell I am still laughing

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

Kinetica posted:

Sometimes if you're chill about it and just let them take you away for questioning, things work out for the best. I mean as a Geneticist who jobswitched to Robotics in order to destroy all cyborgs I monkeyed and disposaled all my colleagues and threw away five or six robot suits.

When a monkeyed crew escaped disposals and got turned back brought three sec officers with him, all I had to do was just sit cuffed for a minute while professing calmly that I had never seen this man before. Then when he said "WELL WHAT ABOUT ALL THE SUITS" we went to disposals and I just hit the conveyor belt lever while we were all crowded around it.

Low-key, chill traitors are the best traitors because every arrest ends with a security officer telling you he's sorry for the trouble as he uncuffs you.

"No problem, dude. Just doing your job, right?"

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
A silver tongue and a bit of guile will do you more good than a cyalume saber and general robustness. Usually. Sometimes you'll get your rear end executed before you can get in a word. Such is life on Space Station 13.

As traitor detective for example it is a good idea to save people from shitcurity. I once ended up willing to fight to the death to protect a detective who turned out at the end to have been a traitor. All she had to do was tell security to stop beating me to death for farting on them.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Being detective traitor is really the best. You just need to shout really loudly, scream about forensics and fingerprints and not contaminating the evidence, and security will totally back off and leave you alone. You then merrily drag the hapless convict into the disposals area behind your office to either kill them or outfit them with all access, full weaponry, a wink and a smile.

Also, you're fully set up to murder everyone from the start, so you can feel free to order a surplus crate and run whatever additional gimmick you feel like. If you get, say, a syndieborg frame, a jar of moonshine and two moustaches, it's not catastrophic.

On that note, I hit a sort of epiphany earlier on; I have decided to stop murdering random people as a traitor, because while it's momentarily fun there's no real reason for it and there's not much they can do to stop you. Experienced players just *shrug and say "oh, okay". This was fun for... er... a few months, actually. Now, it just makes me feel bad. I'd rather do silly things and amuse people and keep my merry murdering for the odd assistant who really wants to push you down and spam a vuvuzela at you. Have I finally grown up as a SS13 player?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I haven't actually pushed anyone down yet. I've been to busy talking my way out of situations :colbert:

Lisonfire
Nov 8, 2009

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Being detective traitor is really the best. You just need to shout really loudly, scream about forensics and fingerprints and not contaminating the evidence, and security will totally back off and leave you alone. You then merrily drag the hapless convict into the disposals area behind your office to either kill them or outfit them with all access, full weaponry, a wink and a smile.

Also, you're fully set up to murder everyone from the start, so you can feel free to order a surplus crate and run whatever additional gimmick you feel like. If you get, say, a syndieborg frame, a jar of moonshine and two moustaches, it's not catastrophic.

On that note, I hit a sort of epiphany earlier on; I have decided to stop murdering random people as a traitor, because while it's momentarily fun there's no real reason for it and there's not much they can do to stop you. Experienced players just *shrug and say "oh, okay". This was fun for... er... a few months, actually. Now, it just makes me feel bad. I'd rather do silly things and amuse people and keep my merry murdering for the odd assistant who really wants to push you down and spam a vuvuzela at you. Have I finally grown up as a SS13 player?

You have reached the top tier where all the true pros reside, constantly trying to think up and pull off the next big traitor gimmick. Have you tried killing the entire station and then propping their corpses up in the bar with a glass in front of each of them? Or killing the HOP, propping up his corpse and using a voice-changer to use him as a ventriloquist dummy? Or maybe using a sleepypen full of krokodil or crank to kill everyone instead of an esword? Food for thought.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
In my playing so far I think there's only one thing that really makes rounds Not Fun for me: vampires. Every vampire round, it always seems like 5 minutes in I happen to walk down some corridor with a vampire, with no warning before getting flashed and no means to escape, then I'm eaten. Round over.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Black Pants posted:

In my playing so far I think there's only one thing that really makes rounds Not Fun for me: vampires. Every vampire round, it always seems like 5 minutes in I happen to walk down some corridor with a vampire, with no warning before getting flashed and no means to escape, then I'm eaten. Round over.
I can certainly understand why they changed it, but I'll admit a certain fondness for the way vampires used to be. Initial weakness, but snowballing to virtual unstoppability if they manage to accumulate a good amount of blood. If you got hypnotized by an old-style vampire, at least you know they did something to earn it.

That, or they just ate a bunch of monkeys and AFK players. Either/or.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
One thing that bugs me is how lethal vampires are now. Not in terms of power, but in terms of actual killing. Used to be a vampire would just steal some blood off you and run off, but now they're basically just reskinned changelings. I can't think of a single vampire round in recent memory where the vamp didn't kill every person they fed off of.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
I just had an epiphany; traitor or regular doctors should be able to create an arm that, when used with the harm intent, attaches to the victim and attempts to kill them...force feeding them pills or food on nearby tiles, strangling them, slapping them causing minimal damage that accrues over time, hitting nearby people for minimal damage but it shows up as the victim attacking them. The only way to remove it would be something like someone has to pry it off you, which then has an added chance of attaching to the rescuer. The name of the item would be called:Manos, the hands of Hate.

Yes I am watching MST3k, why do you ask?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
This is kind of already a thing. If you attach someone else's arm to someone's body, it can go nuts and start attacking them. One dude died when his hand began choking him, and kept doing so after he cut it back off.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Captain Bravo posted:

One thing that bugs me is how lethal vampires are now. Not in terms of power, but in terms of actual killing. Used to be a vampire would just steal some blood off you and run off, but now they're basically just reskinned changelings. I can't think of a single vampire round in recent memory where the vamp didn't kill every person they fed off of.

Here's a idea - instead of "use harm to drink blood" have it so you can do disarm OR harm. Using disarm on the head would be "Count Pooula sips gently at Pubbie McFuckstick". The vampire would then stop sucking right before it becomes lethal. (with a small chance to kill anyway just because). Harm would be like a Hoover for blood and have the message change to be obviously hostile.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

T-man posted:

Here's a idea - instead of "use harm to drink blood" have it so you can do disarm OR harm. Using disarm on the head would be "Count Pooula sips gently at Pubbie McFuckstick". The vampire would then stop sucking right before it becomes lethal. (with a small chance to kill anyway just because). Harm would be like a Hoover for blood and have the message change to be obviously hostile.

Harm intent should be messy as hell, and spray blood all over everything. There should be an audible slurping sound to accompany it, as well.

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012

Amazing Member posted:

Manos, the hands of Hate.

Hands, the hands of hate. I like it. It's redundant, like the crew.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat

Lisonfire posted:

You have reached the top tier where all the true pros reside, constantly trying to think up and pull off the next big traitor gimmick. Have you tried killing the entire station and then propping their corpses up in the bar with a glass in front of each of them? Or killing the HOP, propping up his corpse and using a voice-changer to use him as a ventriloquist dummy? Or maybe using a sleepypen full of krokodil or crank to kill everyone instead of an esword? Food for thought.

Where in this spectrum would "Making enough cash to buy and outfit several artillery syndicate pods and then turning the station into swiss cheese" fall? Because that's my idea of a good time as a traitor right now. :ohdear:

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Doctor Doodler posted:

Hands, the hands of hate. I like it. It's redundant, like the crew.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Space Station 13: It's redundant, like the crew.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Please don't fix this.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Phlogistic posted:

Please don't fix this.

All you need is a pair of legs sticking out the butt and he's a human palindrome.

Black Pants posted:

Remember, vampires are heavily hosed by space, irregardless of blood. That can limit their options massively.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
How are you meant to take out a vampire anyway? Every time i'm attacked by one its because he's smashed all the lights and is invisible, then welp, black screen, might as well quit out.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Phlogistic posted:

Please don't fix this.

Is that a bra and panties that man is wearing?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Pharohman777 posted:

Is that a bra and panties that man is wearing?
Don't be ridiculous. She just has a beard.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

More importantly, she hasn't let a lack of arms stop her from dribbling the ball like a pro. Truly an example to us all.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Captain Bravo posted:

This is kind of already a thing. If you attach someone else's arm to someone's body, it can go nuts and start attacking them. One dude died when his hand began choking him, and kept doing so after he cut it back off.

Last night I discovered that it's even worse than that. You can cut a raging limb off and physically separate it from the victim, and they will continue to strangle themselves with their new hateful ghost hand, even if you give them a new cyborg hand to replace the demon hand.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Angry Diplomat posted:

Last night I discovered that it's even worse than that. You can cut a raging limb off and physically separate it from the victim, and they will continue to strangle themselves with their new hateful ghost hand, even if you give them a new cyborg hand to replace the demon hand.

First thing I'mma do next round is play as Bill the Intergalactic Hero.

Gonna punch the Chaplin and the HoP with my new black hand.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

dogstile posted:

How are you meant to take out a vampire anyway? Every time i'm attacked by one its because he's smashed all the lights and is invisible, then welp, black screen, might as well quit out.
The only time I've managed to kill one since they got buffed was when three or four of us were fighting it in disposals. I kept shooting it with stun bullets and it regenerated, but I managed to lead it to the chute that launches things into space on the right-hand side of the main disposals room, stun it and quickly stuff it into the chute. No idea how to handle them otherwise.

Honestly, I think they got buffed a little too much, but maybe I'm just sad that I haven't been one since the changes were implemented.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

WarpedNaba posted:

First thing I'mma do next round is play as Bill the Intergalactic Hero.

Gonna punch the Chaplin and the HoP with my new black hand.

I don't think you can use the ghost hand for anything. It really has no purpose except to slap, punch, and strangle you. However, I do intend to test whether you can turn someone into a horrid suicidal Shiva by repeatedly attaching and detaching different peoples' arms, hopefully with the end result of needing six medibots to keep the victim alive in a relentless hell of slaps, punches, and choke-outs.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
Hey, how do you alert mods to things when there are none on? I used the adminhelp part, but I'm not sure if that was going to reach em.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Adminhelps are broadcast into an IRC channel. So even if there's no admin directly on the server, they will still be able to see it.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
There's a lot of adminhelps. Sometimes whoever sees it might investigate and deal with it without answering unless they had to ask you a question. There's usually someone around to see it though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

New genetics is magical. They unlocked the powers of cryokinesis in me, and while said power wasn't actually very useful, I just couldn't help myself:

quote:

Spigot The Bear says, "HEY ODDBALL"
Spigot The Bear says, "WHAT KILLED THE DINOSAURS"
Br 3 states, "same here you can test me"
A Cloud of fine Ice Crystals engulfes Oddball Stroble.
Spigot The Bear exclaims, "THE ICE AGE!"
Oddball Stroble says, "oh GOD"

quote:

Pokie Hokerson attacks Spigot The Bear in the chest with the mini rad-poison-crossbow!
Pokie Hokerson has been shot pointblank with .38 revolver by Spigot The Bear!
Spigot The Bear fires .38 revolver at Pokie Hokerson!
Pokie Hokerson is hit by the projectile!
Spigot The Bear exclaims, "People just need to CHILL OUT around here!"
A Cloud of fine Ice Crystals engulfes Pokie Hokerson.

This was in the same round as I defeated a lesser-form changeling by grabbing it and stuffing it in the deep fryer. A good round.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
Oh my god are you Spigot you're like my favourite player to polymorph ever

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Jumpy gives a fantastic jumping ability which is basically just a quick charge forward, but I was able to avoid some changeling spit with it and also make fun of Humble Bee so I can vouch for it's greatness.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
This whole flailing around in space with a jetpack thing is lame. RPGs are cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012
The new byond pager makes you sit through a 15-30 second ad before you can connect to a server.

What the gently caress is wrong with the byond devs?

• Locked thread