Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Always let hull fix your stuff. It's always hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Dareon posted:

I'll say, there's a dead bee there!

A dead bee? There's a limbless borg that selected the engineering module, of all things, hovering inside the escape airlock!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is there some way to refill large gas canisters?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Transfer gas from another large canister- then you will have two half full canisters.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
I would assume using the canister manufacturer in engineering would give you a fresh full tank. Good luck prying that much ore away from the miners or QM or whoever's playing with the smelter, though.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What are the best gases to use, and in which quantities, to operate the thermo engine?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
66% O2, 33% Plasma in the Combustion Chamber. Set the Pumps to 1 and a single can of this'll last 40+ minutes (Plasma Can + Empty Can on the mixing plates in the Hot Loop room, then mix one of those with a full can of O2).

Plasma in both the Hot and Cold loops proper (the actual plates in the respective rooms, not the two in the center room), hot loop pumps on 1, put two cans of plasma in the Cold Loop on 3.

Stand well back and watch the engine burn.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I want to play this but wow the all pervasive gooniness on the server is just painful.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
If you mean terrible shitlords being shitlords, then you can cut down on that somewhat by playing on lower-population servers rather than whichever has 50+ people on at any given time. If you mean the general atmosphere and style of humor, well, that's pretty much just SS13, I'm afraid.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Donnerberg posted:

Most of them were lost with waffleimages. I stumbled across the masterpiece below trying to locate the rest of the propaganda posters. It's either Supernorn or A0Refrigerator that made it.

Shroomstation in its natural state

Wow, that's pretty wicked. I had a few more security posters that I did but the Owl one was the only one I could find.

Here's something I did the other day.

Slap Happy Pappy is not a certified roboticist. :downs:

Mom with a blog fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 10, 2014

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Since you can't get anything but a snarky non reply even with admins listening to you, how does choke work? I have never been able to do an aggressive grab except on a bare head, no glasses, hat, etc, but I got instagibbed by a hulk wizard doing a suplex on me when I had a hat and glasses. What am I missing?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to play this game again but I find myself so jaded and bored with the byond engine version that I can't help buy get myself banned within 15 minutes of trying to play.

I can't even count the number of times I've clicked the last page of this thread hoping for thew new engine version to be ready.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
If you are getting yourself banned within 15 minutes trying to have fun, you need to rethink your whole playing strategy. Just remember: if you can't have fun dying, and just want to play it safe, the game isn't for you

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Justin Credible posted:

Since you can't get anything but a snarky non reply even with admins listening to you, how does choke work? I have never been able to do an aggressive grab except on a bare head, no glasses, hat, etc, but I got instagibbed by a hulk wizard doing a suplex on me when I had a hat and glasses. What am I missing?

Grab someone and click on the GRAB icon that appears in your active hand. It'll change to DISARM (along with comment text about the grab being aggressive) and more clicking makes it a bright flashing KILL with a red background. You'll see your victim start gasping and then you wait.

Hat/glasses only stop outright choking, not someone reinforcing the grab for a wrestling strike.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Shady Amish Terror posted:

I would assume using the canister manufacturer in engineering would give you a fresh full tank. Good luck prying that much ore away from the miners or QM or whoever's playing with the smelter, though.

Ahhhahahahahhahahahhahhahahahaahahhahahahahahhhah.

I seriously doubt the QM and/or the miners have enough plasmastone to make even one tank on a good day. The exception is if gragg is selling plasma stone (which he usually doesn't) and even then, there's usually no QM, or shits going down and everything has exploded.

The only and I mean ONLY reliable way to get the minerals/gems you are looking/missing is to buy it from the martian salesman. And that's a trip in and of itself which you may come back to find the station missing.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
There's a reason I said 'good luck'. I've only looked at that manufacturer's input needs once, and holy loving poo poo, unless it's been changed in the last couple of days, that much usable plasmastone just never comes to be on the station, much less does it end up all in one place before being frittered away by whoever's playing with it, much less does it get to engineering. I've only ever found that much plasmastone in one go maybe once back when I played spergminer alpha, you'd pretty much HAVE to just get lucky with some Miracle Matter or Gragg.

The mischief value of a plasma tank must be considered almost incalculably high if it's greater than even ten pieces of plasmastone floating around, which is enough to make exploding gloves, some pipebombs, and an IED in cargo.

Shady Amish Terror fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 10, 2014

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
So I gave this game a go last night!

I only had time for two, my first as Quartermaster where I tried to work out what all the buttons did and was getting there until the Chapalin's body arrived in my cargo, along with a bunch of crew choking to death. I let them all out and insisted someone sign for the Chapalin's dead body but they all just wandered off with it ignoring regulation. I ordered about twenty paint crates until I finally got the one with Red paint the bartender wanted and a robot asked me to trade them, so I put them in a locker and fired them into space, which I think is how trading works.

Then we all ran for the escape shuttle because we were all infected with a cough that'd eventually make you explode.

Round two and I was a Cyborg! Eventually managing to go Medical and wandering off to save lives. The players all ate a Duckspider and I was told to tell them to sleep it off if they had food poisoning, which is the laziest form of doctoring and perfect for a new player. Once the stream of poisoned people ran out I just kept bringing dead bodies to my Roboticist master, until security busted in and killed him because he was apparently an evil changeling feeding off all the corpses I was dragging his way. I made a friend with a robot with no limbs who just wobbled about screaming in pain, but what with the Roboticist being very, very dead no luck there. A virulent purple disease spread throughout the station which made every look sick so I went about jabbing people with medicine to try cheer them up. Eventually they called the shuttle again for reasons unknown, but I choose to believe was because the spreading plague of Purple was turning to Pink and it'd just have got far too embarrassing to cope with. I didn't make it to the escape shuttle this time because a meteor collided with the station and I went to investigate.

I found it.

All in all I had no idea what I was doing, but nobody really seemed to mind and even thanked me for work other people technically did so that works for me. 10/10 GOTY

Fans fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 10, 2014

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

There's a reason I said 'good luck'. I've only looked at that manufacturer's input needs once, and holy loving poo poo, unless it's been changed in the last couple of days, that much usable plasmastone just never comes to be on the station, much less does it end up all in one place before being frittered away by whoever's playing with it, much less does it get to engineering. I've only ever found that much plasmastone in one go maybe once back when I played spergminer alpha, you'd pretty much HAVE to just get lucky with some Miracle Matter or Gragg.

The mischief value of a plasma tank must be considered almost incalculably high if it's greater than even ten pieces of plasmastone floating around, which is enough to make exploding gloves, some pipebombs, and an IED in cargo.

Rather than mischief value, I think it's just a combination of the fact that plasmastone literally contains plasma (if you make plasmastone glass with the smelter and then break it, it'll release a big cloud of plasma) and the fact that there's more plasma cylinders on the station than you'll ever need, so if poo poo's gone so bad that the station is completely out of plasma, you probably have bigger problems than anything plasma could possibly be useful for. And if you need plasma for murders, just siphon some off the hot loop. You can also get small tanks from a tank dispenser, dump them into an air siphon, and then attach the air siphon to a canister hookup in the transfer setup in engineering or toxins to transfer it to an empty canister.

That said, he didn't say he wanted to refill plasma containers. He didn't specify the gas. I'm guessing he wants oxygen, that's pretty easy - just steal some mauxite from the general manufacturer next to the smelter. Just be careful handling it, since I'm not sure if they fixed the "mauxite bars being horribly explosive" bug yet. You can also use the air siphon trick I mentioned before to drain belt/back oxygen tanks and send their contents to a cylinder.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I want to play this but wow the all pervasive gooniness on the server is just painful.

Yeah when it's admin night and all the stupid music plays, and sprites of whatever pop into existence it's pretty much time to go to LLJK 3-2

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
Thought you guys might enjoy a random screenshot...

One of the mediborgs created a gib patch and proceeded to litter the station with gross and space lag - fun round!

Skwid
Aug 20, 2011

I got tired of being a loser so I spent money to not be a loser anymore.

auzdark posted:

One of the mediborgs created a gib patch and proceeded to litter the station with gross and space lag - fun round!

But where's the litter? Looks like normal escape to me.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I just now played my first changeling round as an engineer. Thought I'd try to read about the abilities before doing anything and made my way to the engine to do my job. Engine output was great when I got there but luckily I got a call to mining for a repair job. So I walk in there, notice a critical state miner with another trying to help them. While I'm checking out who they are and what they have via examine I accidentally spit at the critical miner. Me and the stable miner both panic and they run off, screaming about my true nature on radio. I ran into QM to hide, only to find some recently deceased bodies. This is a lucky break for me for as soon as I finish absorbing some DNA, the miner comes back for revenge. I spit and absorb them and chuck their body on a conveyor belt.

Then I remembered lings can transform as well: I decide to take the miner's identity. Sadly being an idiot I am I take off his ID while the body is on a conveyor belt and it just shoots into space. So now I'm the miner carrying a known changeling's ID card. Another opportunity presents itself when a clown appears but sadly they manage to escape thanks to their fake mustache protecting their neck.

My round eventually ends when I find myself in fisticuffs with a security officer. They get the drop on me with a whole round of bullets. I drop, realize I'm in crit, manage to shoot a toxic spit at my assailant and begin regenerating. I wake up as soon as the officer manages to cuff, stick them with a neurotoxin. Feeling victorious I chow down only to realize I am suddenly in splattered as gibs all over space. :v:

Dead chat informs me that earlier a traitor tried to mindslave my victim but accidentally implanted him with microbombs. :allears:

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."

Samuel posted:

Yeah when it's admin night and all the stupid music plays, and sprites of whatever pop into existence it's pretty much time to go to LLJK 3-2

I'm sorry you hate fun.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
It's not that I hate fun or think it's not allowed to happen, I just think it's a bit too juvenile of a way to "spice things up" as to me it just ends up being annoying instead.
I'd rather see something crazy and new happen like Kitchen 13, or 100% traitors/wizards or whatever, than nonstop chiptunes and slightly rotated sprites.

Hence I just leave and go do my own thing, those nights are just not for me.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

God the Duckspider round was so good

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Have you got what it takes to be a Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain?

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
No one person should have all that power.

As an aside, is mistform bugged in a silly way, or oddly balanced? It seems that it demands that I not be seen by anyone...which seems to include myself, and I'm guessing cloak of darkness never appears to work simply because my vampiric vision is so good I see EVERYTHING.

I've basically never played vampire, so...

LeadRobot
Dec 9, 2010

Life's hard when your feet are the size of a house and also toxic.
Didn't you used to be able to shoot over prone people? Does that not apply to people you're pulling? Last night while hauling someone from danger I shot them on the ground while clicking a golem instead of shooting over him.

Then the next round my mindslave boss did likewise with a shotty while we were booking it from the captain and alarmingly robust chef.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

No one person should have all that power.

As an aside, is mistform bugged in a silly way, or oddly balanced? It seems that it demands that I not be seen by anyone...which seems to include myself, and I'm guessing cloak of darkness never appears to work simply because my vampiric vision is so good I see EVERYTHING.

I've basically never played vampire, so...

Bugged. Mist form currently doesn't work if anyone is on the same Z-level as you.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

SL the Pyro posted:

Have you got what it takes to be a Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain?
I'm suspecting creative grog abuse.

I only ever got to triple captain before dying :arghfist::(

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

LeadRobot posted:

Didn't you used to be able to shoot over prone people? Does that not apply to people you're pulling? Last night while hauling someone from danger I shot them on the ground while clicking a golem instead of shooting over him.

Then the next round my mindslave boss did likewise with a shotty while we were booking it from the captain and alarmingly robust chef.

I'm just imagining the Swedish Chef chasing you down the call yelling BORK BORK BORK BORK BORK BORK BORK with a meat cleaver in hand. It's both terrifying and amazing.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Magres posted:

I'm just imagining the Swedish Chef chasing you down the call yelling BORK BORK BORK BORK BORK BORK BORK with a meat cleaver in hand. It's both terrifying and amazing.

This happens. In fact, I have done it. The meat cleaver is only if the Chef is a traitor, though, otherwise he screams BORK BORK BORK and pummels you with his rolling pin.

LeadRobot
Dec 9, 2010

Life's hard when your feet are the size of a house and also toxic.
He had a rolling pin and we were pretty hosed up from fleeing the captain, AI and one very distressed and betrayed medical director. We were so so close to making it but between my 2/3 aborted clone-boss and me having just been shotgunned we didn't really stand a chance.

He still made us look like chumps though. Melee weapons are loving hard to use effectively against lasers.

LeadRobot fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 10, 2014

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Samuel posted:

It's not that I hate fun or think it's not allowed to happen, I just think it's a bit too juvenile of a way to "spice things up" as to me it just ends up being annoying instead.
I'd rather see something crazy and new happen like Kitchen 13, or 100% traitors/wizards or whatever, than nonstop chiptunes and slightly rotated sprites.

Hence I just leave and go do my own thing, those nights are just not for me.

Agreed. I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume people want to play the game without being harassed with dumb sounds (that lag the server) or having their vision obscured by giant animated .gifs, and it'd be nice if admins remembered that this kind of poo poo is what gave goonstation a bad reputation years back.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Supernorn posted:

Agreed. I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume people want to play the game without being harassed with dumb sounds (that lag the server) or having their vision obscured by giant animated .gifs, and it'd be nice if admins remembered that this kind of poo poo is what gave goonstation a bad reputation years back.

This was my first experience with Goonstation. I didn't like it then.

Now? Eh, sometimes it's fun. Sometimes it's not.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Just like with most other gimmicks, it's gotta be clever. Just pasting a gigantic Elmo over everyone doesn't make it funny. The time Chemistry was deleted and replaced with a really bad .gif, with a BFG left in the middle to lure in idiots? That was funny.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

I get a lot of mileage out of sticking a tiny (about a quarter tile) Elmo in the corner of the screen. It usually takes people a while to notice, and then they freak out because how long has he been watching me

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

Supernorn posted:

I have my eye on certain admins that will not leave a round alone.

If you see stuff like this happening, make a note of the admins on. If it's the same person, I need to know about it.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
I joined partway through an admin round where martians were attacking the station and everyone was banding together and arming themselves the other day.

It was fun, though I died because we had a radiation tunnel event and also bombs taking out like 10 people in one go. Not a bad strategy to funnel people into the same area though.

Not a single head wanted to mess with giving access though apparently, so as a crew we were kind of hobbled by being half assistants left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

PopeCrunch posted:

I get a lot of mileage out of sticking a tiny (about a quarter tile) Elmo in the corner of the screen. It usually takes people a while to notice, and then they freak out because how long has he been watching me

I really wish you could play midi music into the game while under that sound-distance effect we have for ingame SFX.

Tie a really disturbing theme song to a single person/object. la-la la-la...elmo's world~~

Give the traitor/spy the Pink Panther theme.

Have an artifact play midi never gonna give you up.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 10, 2014

• Locked thread