Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Someone must tell the tale of Mad King Elmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Kinetica posted:

Yeah, I've noticed recently there's been one borg in particular that seems to be lovely.

Are you ahelping these things, or relying on server admins to tap into their latent telepathic powers to determine the source of your aggrivation and grief? Even if they're tuned into deadchat, sometimes they won't notice something because they're playing or tabbed out or just flat out distracted by something else.

Remember that Gibbed has that wonderful system of ahelps getting sent to a private IRC channel the admins hang out in, so even if none are on or appear to be on, your complaint can still be noticed and acted on.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Can a LLJK admin test something for me: How much damage does a full-strength wizard fireball do?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Why are you taking the spaceman out of the chemistry in a 2d spaceman game

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Snatch Duster posted:

Antion, I don't know why your server allows rape roleplay. That poo poo is pretty awful.

I sadly do not write the rules, so I can't enforce punishment on that, but we do have the soft rule that the culprit is free game to any player or admin fuckery they see fit to bestow. I personally lock whoever I find doing ERP of any sort into a room and flood it with hostile clown NPCs then throw them into space. If I could add some more Gibbed style common decency rules, I would.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Dareon posted:

E: One thing I'd actually really like to see is a small medbay in the northern part of the station. Maybe just add some medkits and a vending machine to the storage room next to Botany.

I used to do this in the past on Shroom Station when there were other doctors or sufficient medbots. Take and fill every unused Hypo (and since nobody usually cared those rounds, I got most/all of the hypos), grab one of every medkit and a locked medical supply locker, find a few sheets of metal, drag it up to the public marketplace, and set up a dispensary/clinic.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Here's how you do Malf AI Round: Don't make it its own round. Just slot it in as one of the traitors, give it one or two objectivess, an "Ensure your own survival" to hopefully persuade it from not being very blatant, and a Law 0 to achieve its objectives. Optionally: Let it know who the traitors are so it can either help them or use them as patsies to ensure its own survival.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Captain Bravo posted:

Also, if Nicotine hurts you now, that means that Eggplants are deadly.

Finally, a tomacco cartelcan achieve their dream.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I haven't played since before the big Chemistry Update. I used to like to go around as a doctor calling myself the Portable Cryo Unit, and find injured people, inject them with Cryoxadone, then spray them with a bottle of Cryostaline to freeze them, and wait. Can this still be done?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

RIP Zeta, the backup Chemistry and Toxins lab for spacefarers.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Cogwerks please make Bloody Mary metabolize into antihol, if we're talking about Bartender tweaks.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Elth posted:

[...]Said security officer must've been new, since he kept stunning himself with his baton, giving me enough time to uncuff myself and show him how to properly arrest someone.

That there's a sign that you encountered someone who plays security on Other SS13 Servers, where the Harmbaton is the Law.

(When you try to harmbaton on the LLJK servers, you stun yourself)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

President Ark posted:

Make changeling flesh have a reagent in it that, when ingested, has a minor chance whenever it decays to turn that person into a changeling. Even odds that they just get turned into a gibbering monster, are possessed by the original changeling (assuming they're dead/mindslave effect?) or become an entirely new changeling with their own set of objectives. :getin:

Just have it give you a chance of regenerating limbs. Specifically, limbs you didn't already have naturally (ie: 3rd arm, 2nd butt, 4th foot), with predictable motor control issues.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Orv posted:

In that case it's a case-by-case basis, but the general rule as I understand it is "Don't be lovely". If a traitor is going on a murder rampage you can say something like "Extreme loss of life detected in medbay" but not "John Q Jackass is a traitor with a cloak and a c-saber in medbay and killed four people." Don't ruin the traitors round but you don't have to just watch necessarily.

Though if it's a case-by-case basis, a small rampage like a red chainsaw or a chef with his knife can be alluded to, but if a traitor has a cloak and a c-saber, that's probably the time to drop the cutsey facade of funhaving and warn the crew about an absurdly difficult to catch/kill person with a 3 hit kill weapon who can rampage and kill most of the station.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

President Ark posted:

There should be an item (on one of the derelicts) that, if put in the engine, actually makes it possessed - all the values get stuck at 666, spooky things start happening around it, the AI starts getting laws uploaded by Satan, the sauna fills up with pea soup, that sort of thing.

A literal hellburn, if you will. :unsmigghh:

There's an item that blows the lights and spawns ghosts around you. Someone needs to find it and feed it into the combustion chamber, furnace, or just placed on top of the engine.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Bloody Pom posted:

:stonklol:

Boy am I glad I work when most of the admins are online.

But then you missed the Night of Wizard Goku

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Illegal Username posted:

If Prospector Pete offers you a cocktail, consider the following:

Do you like traveling to new places extremely rapidly?

Have you always dreamed of learning a new language?

Can you do your job even though you are missing a limb?

If you answered "yes" to all of these, go ahead and enjoy a George Melon Baller!

edit:

Kudos to whoever transplanted the AI into Father Jack's body.

Related: Leading off with a thrown Rainbow Melon explosion for a preliminary knockdown is much more entertaining and slightly more subtle than straight off acid spitting someone as a changeling botanist. Prospector Pete learned this the hard way after I supplied the cafe with plenty of rainbow melons and I caught him in a hallway alone.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

-Troika- posted:

Also add something that diagnoses as "It's not lupus."

Alternatively and so as not to run an eight year old meme into the ground, make any Werewolf have Lupus. Only makes sense.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Tonight in SS13: A botanist who decided to grow Rainbow Melons as his plantgimmick of choice was one of the most effective members of the station when the Syndicate attacked, passing out a produce bag full of the melons to crew, and stunning a syndie twice with thrown ones, before killing them with their own revolver and dying in the microbomb explosion.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Geokinesis posted:

-The changelog says Detective had access to the crematorium but when I tired it turned out I didn't.

I think they use the other, security-colored, door on the maintenence side.

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

I hardly ever see anyone disassemble an r-wall anymore, they just use thermite or the RCD.
TGcode fixes this by making human RCDs not work on R-walls, but cyborg ones can, I think. Thermite use is still prevalent.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

dogstile posted:

A while ago people were talking about blocking something on the byond client. Now that it needs an update and I have time to play I can't download the new client from the website, does anyone remember what people were blocking so i can find it and unblock it?

http://byond.com. The main thing is that the block probably added the http instead of just the web address so scroll down the security block list to the H section.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

During the downtime of servers 1 and 2 last night, a handful of people from IRC migrated over to a basically zero population server running the tgstation code to try it out. We got there right before a new round started, so we were all set.

Long story short, I spawn as a changeling RD, and proceed to track down, beat up, and eat every other head (except the Captain who ran off into space) for the excuse of being incompetant nerds (Since most were unfamiliar with tgstation. CE messed up the engine, HoS further messed it up and attacked me, HoP went braindead, and the MD was just the last one left). When the shuttle arrived, the Omni-Head wore as his trophies: The HoS' Hat, the Captain's Armor, the HoP's headset, the RD's Jumpsuit, the CE's magboots, and had the Medical Director's personal hypospray (tgstations only have one hypo, and it's the head's property) on his belt, and all of their IDs in his pack.

That particular server didn't have a paralysis sting as an available changeling power, but with a mutesting, a (very) rapid regen, a stun recovery, and a fast recharge upgrade, I was able to just fire extinguisher my coworkers to death until I could upgrade to eguns.

Long live the Omni-Head :cthulhu:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Why does the CE start with everything he needs on his person/in his locker except for a toolbelt?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Clockwork Cupcake posted:

Emagging a borg removes their laws entirely and they're not obligated to obey the person who emagged them. It's kind of polite to take their requests into consideration, though.

Unless they murdered you, borged you, then emagged you all within the space of three minutes. Then you may want to give strong consideration to just bashing them on the head with an RCD and dumping their body into space.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

The floor buffer is the greatest gift to the Janitor.

Is there a better way to fill up the tank? Using a single bucket took forever with no noticable change.

Watering Can from Botany holds 120 units of fluid.

There's a High Capacity Water Tank over in the Warehouse if you want water. :kheldragar:

quote:

Jung Mi Young [145.9] says, "He fart on holy book while on fire."
Jung Mi Young [145.9] says, "RIP crazy devil man."

That about sums up this game, sometimes.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Tonight on SS13: A changeling dies, gets borged, spontaneously deborgs into a monkey, robusts security for a few minutes before being beaten/lasered to death by the surviving sec/captain/electrician, only for a clown changeling to walk in, kill, and eat everyone in the room. While this is going on, the engine broke 200 billion degrees K and is currently passing a couple trillion, and the engine itself spontaneously detonated at one point.

e: 5 trillion K by the end.

For reference, our sun is 15.7 Million kelvin

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Poland Spring posted:

This makes me want to start picking up the Advanced Laser Gun and then turning myself into a Lich. Yes, they CAN fire ranged weapons. :cawg:

A Lich? What?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Be sure to serve the last azide ingredient in a glass of milk. Always serve milk with a cake.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I was a medical doctor in a round. The wizard showed up and got a job. No engineers were around, so I set up the engine. I set up the engine so well that it was chugging along at over 700,000 degrees Kelvin (small fries compared to some people, yes). It went so well that the constantly-on-max vent pump ruptured, the cold loop abruptly lost all gas for no reason whatsoever, everything started burning, I crawled into a furnace in crit to feed my engine further, then it somehow went to 200,000 kpa pressure and exploded a minute or two later.

:science:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

It's not a one-time only thing.
Just don't overdo it, as difficult as it would be to pull off, it probably shouldn't happen every day.

edit: problems.png

What, exactly, is that?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Icedude posted:

I think breaking the server after solving the Solarium had direr consequences than we could have imagined. I blame all of you.
HONK

Can we please get a set of Security Constable uniforms for security to go running around as bobbies in? Optional: Add in Completely Authentic Moustaches.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

A more dangerous escape corridor: y/n

Oh dear god yes :swoon:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Elth posted:

What if you want to have more than one derringer? Or can you just stuff your clothes with as many derringers as you want?

Tuck one down your jumpsuit, slip one into your shoe, snug one within the butt-hat you've got on, wedge one behind your sunglasses.

And the one in the pocket.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Rynoto posted:

Making and leaving a dozen or so Vuvuzelas around the station really was the best thing with the new sound system.

The sounds of space will forever be full of the buzzing chorus.

I feel like I should prepare a massive amount of unassembled Amusing Ducks and then set them all up somewhere centralized like the Jazz Lounge or Owlery and let the wacka flow.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Blhue posted:

I think in all likelihood, that will lead to lots of people in the main hallhay getting clotheslined by people who forget they're on harm, and jerks doing it and pretending that's what happened. Maybe if its restricted to while wearing luchadore masks like some of the other suggestions. Or make being a pro-wrestler a power genetics can unlock. Involuntary Wrasslosis.

Add it to the Buffness mutation. Gotta have some swole arms to do a good clothesline.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Synonymous posted:

Edit: Also, what's the capacity of a sleepy pen, and how much does it inject per shot?

It's 100/50

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

A thought: Now that the Bartender has a full chemistry set he can serve healing cocktails every bit as good for you as what you can get in medbay. Except he can't cure toxin properly without breaking the barman sctick, because charocal + alcohol will react to make antihol.
Antihol needs either an extra ingredient or an extra step so you don't make it accidentally.. Something hobo-chemistry-able. Space fungus? Urine? Just heating it up?

There's another, more powerful, antitoxin that can be made with a bit of effort, a chemistry dispenser, and a beaker of welding fuel from tool storage. Go pull up the big chemist on the wiki and check out Pentetic Acid.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Anticheese posted:

And wear a gas mask.

A little cyanide vapor never hurt nobody. And if it did, that's what the pentetic acid's for. Try to keep up on your science.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

There is no antag/job combination I enjoy more than Changeling Clown. Finegle my way into the AI core and upload a law saying everything I do is a friendly prank and absolutely non-harmful to humans so don't worry about it (But anyone who stops me is a fun-hater and inhuman), then proceed to wander the station with a clown-dressed borg accomplice telling the worst jokes ever and then spitting/eating people, with the borg to help lock doors/hide bodies/beat up anyone who tries to escape.

Round ended with me, both borgs, and the AI shell leaving on the shuttle to continue our comedy tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Nakar posted:

If a Vampire gets powerful enough killing it should respawn them automatically somewhere and also flip the station upside-down.

Replace Thrall with a one-use power that turns someone into a robed skeleton that can shoot scythes around.

• Locked thread