Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Diplomacy between traitor types doesn't always work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
I demand a Stop Hitting Yourself medal if I club someone with their own arm.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

Kinetica posted:

If you're polite and calmly explain that it was indeed the evil crew member next to you and go along with security amiciably, for some reason they're more likely to let you go :iiam:

Sometimes if you're chill about it and just let them take you away for questioning, things work out for the best. I mean as a Geneticist who jobswitched to Robotics in order to destroy all cyborgs I monkeyed and disposaled all my colleagues and threw away five or six robot suits.

When a monkeyed crew escaped disposals and got turned back brought three sec officers with him, all I had to do was just sit cuffed for a minute while professing calmly that I had never seen this man before. Then when he said "WELL WHAT ABOUT ALL THE SUITS" we went to disposals and I just hit the conveyor belt lever while we were all crowded around it.

Low-key, chill traitors are the best traitors because every arrest ends with a security officer telling you he's sorry for the trouble as he uncuffs you.

"No problem, dude. Just doing your job, right?"

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

Breadmaster posted:

I'm pretty sure no ratings board would ever give an "E for Everyone" to SS13.

*Game Experience May Change During Online Play

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
This was discussed earlier but is destroy all cyborgs still pretty much the same as an objective? That's another one that ends up being kind of hosed up since if you upload "all borgs must suicide immediately" it means you get the "AI, kill yourself" problem with half a dozen players sidelined for the round, as well as any others who might get borged later. That, or you upload "all borgs must suicide if the escape shuttle is docked" and one of the eight borgs doesn't feel like it, and you fail.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

I've always found treason to be the most satisfying if you chat the victim up a bit and get to know them first before betraying them.
Extra points if you manage to make it look like a horribly overblown misunderstanding.

One of my favorite rounds was as a Geneticist where I asked for a volunteer on the radio and got a 'new player' Staff Assistant who let me experiment on him for something like 25 minutes. We chatted amicably, worked diligently, etc. I finally managed to get Hulk isolated and said he could take off if he wanted or stick around and see if I could make him psychic too. He responded with "no thanks" and a cyalume saber to the face.

After I died he said it had been a pleasure working with me, then casually smashed his way out through the wall.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
I was the AI that round and one of the traitors renamed me 'supercop nerd' about halfway through, which was totally justified since I was probably being a huge pain in the rear end, but I'm not going to act like it didn't make me feel a little lovely.

I love AI, it's super fun sometimes, but making a traitors's job harder is something I'm never really sure if I'm taking too far. I mean, there's this nebulous area between "ignore murder" and "BOLT AND ELECTRIFY EVERYTHING," and somewhere in there is being a good AI.

It's like, I want to do my job, but I'm sure as poo poo not going to do stuff like permanently bolt them into a walled room or turn the turrets to lethal. Hell, most of the time I don't say a drat word when someone enters the upload; I'm hoping for a cool law.

I guess what I'm asking is if there's a middle ground between letting antagonists run amok and being a fun ruiner?

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Is it considered bad form to deploy a strategic "succumb" at the opportune moment if you're a microbomb'd traitor on your last legs, or is that kosher?

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
People seem to be pretty chill about antagonists. I had an AI round recently where the Chaplain (as Unknown) was strangling a guy to death in the middle of the courtroom/bridge hallway, saw it while switching cameras. Mentioned it on the radio, nobody showed for a while, then the guy just ran away. Bolted him into the men's dorms, said "hey, I've got this murderer trapped if anyone wants to come get him."

Nobody showed or responded on the radio, so after maybe a minute I asked again, waited a bit, then just told him to have a nice day and let him out. Hey, if nobody else cares, I sure don't.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
I remember back when security had something like six or seven cells all with their own individual timers, with the belongings locker and everything. I forget what station that was, but because of how loving horrible it was to be forgotten I spent every Security Officer round sitting in the circular desk area in the center doing nothing but processing prisoners that other officers dropped off and making sure they got released on time and with all their stuff. Managed to get my title changed to Warden by the HoP occasionally. They were fun rounds, really. Kept the system running smoothly, gave the prisoners someone to talk to, made sure nobody got permabrigged by some shitlord on a power trip. Felt good. Didn't get murdered nearly as often as my colleagues.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
I miss the food-dispensing borg. I really liked decorating the station with arcane sigils of soda and ice cream. What's more welcoming a sight at arrivals than wall-to-wall burgers?

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

Donnerberg posted:

Most of them were lost with waffleimages. I stumbled across the masterpiece below trying to locate the rest of the propaganda posters. It's either Supernorn or A0Refrigerator that made it.

Shroomstation in its natural state

Yeah, that was A0Refrigerator. I never saw this version where it's on fire though. Classy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Unfortunately the potential for goofy "grey/plaid/hawaiian tide" poo poo that annoys the rest of the crew is not incentive to join other servers for people joining a loving 40-player round.

• Locked thread