Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

Is there a book or a guide ingame for the new genetics machine? Looking at it my guess is that each power needs a full set of tags to work, and you'll have to piece them together by scanning different subjects?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP Byond.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Illegal Username posted:

David Ryder [145.9] says, "i ate my own shoes"
Isaac Kirkhope [145.9] says, "a productive use of shoes"
David Ryder [145.9] says, "the kicker is that they were still on my feet"

We should have rocket shoes tear off someone's feet a tiny amount of the time. Something like 99%.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ADMINHELP Help this security dude is killing me for no reason!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Time works the same way.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

86AA41: Dick Hazard
Dick Hazard has been officially warned by Nanotrasen Corporate Security for Being on fire in a public place on 07/18/53.
Issued by: Damian Garneys - Head of Security

Dick Hazard has been officially sneered at by Nanotrasen Corporate Security for burning official tickets on 07/18/53.
Issued by: Ensign Daeren - Security Officer

Dick Hazard has been officially warned by Nanotrasen Corporate Security for Not being enviormentally friendly on 07/18/53.
Issued by: Damian Garneys - Head of Security

I love how the tickets tell a story.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

Blurgh, some rear end in a top hat cuffed me and spent the entire round just holding me and taking one step whenever I tried to uncuff.

Suicide, go do something actually entertaining.

That's really all you can do.

An adminhelp at the right time does wonders. (offer does not apply if no admins are awake)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We used to have PRAY, which could be used to bring up a list of possible replies. I'd usually go for the smiting or toolbox from the sky.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Coming soon, a journey into one space-miner's descent into darkness.

There Will Be Poo.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Zorato posted:

A couple of weeks ago, on Noxstation poo was added and literally 5 minutes later it had to be removed because everyone ran around making GBS threads everywhere.

It was amazing.

Pretty much what happened on goonstation when poo was released.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You should paste this at the top.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Emergency tanks you find lying around in the hallways are perfectly safe to breathe from.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Prythian posted:

I grab two cones of bourbon-flavored ice cream, intending to share them with my buddy when we met up, and ended up meeting him at escape.

Oh no. Nooooooooo!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aphtonites posted:

I've been working on Europa Laboratory 64's new water system, it's very nice and efficient now:

Here's what the old water looked like:

It's a big improvement!

Also, I've started changing the title screen to fit the new earth theme and name:

Is that from breaking a window? :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Please spay your pets.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Half the crew has escape alone, the other half has escape with no casualties, the other other half has die a glorious death.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Or attach charges to it. Cloak effect breaks on hostile actions, each reactivation uses up a charge. Recharge at cop stations. Or for hilarity, cyborg rechargers?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's only invisible if you havent beaten the detective unconscious for his infragoggles, arent carrying a T-ray scanner in your pocket, arent a cyborg/ai/robot/monkey.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

OrangeSoda posted:

Iv'e seen rounds last around one minute before, because it was wizard and the wizard accidentally killed himself immediately.

The wizard shuttles had (they still might? I havent checked them recently) the most gently caress you move ever. There's a door, and there's a piece of paper with your instructions and a teleport scroll to get to the station. If you were a lazy wizard and decided reading is for chumps, you take the door and find yourself in the vacuum of space.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Devs went a little overboard with the new sprite options I see.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Meanwhile, on some other space station:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If you hand label cyborgs and the AI, the label becomes part of their name. There were a few rounds where I'd break into the AI's chamber only to slap it with the [giant butt] label, which would then become part of all station announcements.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'll just cue the station to be destroyed a second after the round starts, ensuring everyone gets the same experience.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Have you tried hitting it with a toolbox

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Antihol seems like a rather pedestrian and non-SS13 way of getting rid of drunkness. The best way would be a machine to swap your blood and someone else's.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just how big a black hole did you spawn?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synonymous posted:

I am aware of this. Adminwho revealed no admins in IRC either, and cross-game punishments/solutions don't really make a lot of sense in that particular instance.

Just because you cant see an admin, that does not mean that admins arent there. :ssh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's true. Cogwerks got my cat pregnant. :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Run him over with a garfield.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Combine a butt with a gun for a silenced weapon. Or at least a gun that disguises shots as farts.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

On the other hand, exploiting early game knowledge to prank Wizards and Syndies is perfectly acceptable. I miss that clown that would rapidly build a bridge to the syndie shuttle, lay a banana under a sheet of paper at the exit, the honk once before dying to vacuum exposure.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Can you fire clowns or butts into the accelerators?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

Firedoors should have a 50/50 chance of not shutting when the alarms go off. Because Discount Dan's.

I'm just wondering if anything's ever going to be done with people who stand in doorways when they close. Regular door? 1 pt bruise damage but door reopens. Fire door? A bruising and shoves you out. A seriously malfunctioning door? Hey, free amputations!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There are about 30 or so clowns outside my house. I'm scared.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Klayboxx posted:

It would be hilarious if the detective started with a box of them in his locker.

My mumbly drunk gimmick detective would always spend the first few minutes of the round scouring the entire station of sunglasses.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I... are the Starbound devs trying to tap into the poopy space game market?

:itwaspoo:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Can you imagine my disappointment that the internal synthesizer just produces meds, and not an 80s soundtrack for the game?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My favourite one of those was the evil bastard setting up an invisible grinder field when the station was trying to have a segway race.

Commoners posted:

SS13 has segways for the security, the nice thing about the segways is that when you hit someone you end up flying up over the handlebars and are down, and so are they. The security can work together to corner criminal scum with segways and bring them into the station by using this (but it's really terrible).

Someone decided to reskin the segway as a cat, so that you could have riding cats. One round devolved into a competition of the cat riding vikings all vying for the title of viking king by showing their prowess in the riding cat battle of the century.

I had just gotten traitor as an electrician that round, and sadly sometimes when you get traitor on a gimmick round like that your turn as the rear end in a top hat gets ruined because people are randomly exploding or all have superpowers, etc. I was lucky in that it was a fairly tame round with dudes just riding around with power axes, beards, viking helmets, and meowing segways that made them rocket around at a high speed.

So the electrician in a normal round can scan items in the station like vending machines, computers, thermal goggles, tasers, and other things like that to copy them and make blueprints to replicate them in his shop. Some things like the CRUSHER in disposal is off limits because people like me originally made copies of the crusher and would crusher people in hallways while we weren't traitors. Of course, traitor electricians CAN buy a scanner that is able to scan the crusher, so as soon as I heard that a race was going down I quickly made arrangements.

While the space cat vikings were busy constructing their obstacle course, welding some doors shut and bolting others to create their race course, and adding in various hazards like lasers and electrical death walls, I was busy making 3 crushers. Just in the nick of time I was able to finish the three of them and set them down in the middle of the course.

Now right now you're going, "But Commoners, couldn't they just stop and not run into the crushers?" Well sometimes SS13 is hard to control, but this time I outwitted those smart players with proper robusting skills. I took a prototype cloaking generator, which traitors usually just use to hide stuff in rooms. Instead I used this generator to cloak my three crushers and all the gore that they would create when someone would ride a cat into them.

About five minutes later the viking race started with about 30 people participating, and another five off doing their own thing. Twenty seven of the thirty cat riding vikings drove directly into the crusher wall. All 27 of them looked like they had skipped time and space, going into nothingness and suddenly vanishing. They were a pile of gibs so large that if you right clicked the squares in the immediate area you were out of comission for about fifteen seconds because of the item lag. What was originally a voice comms full of viking taunts and poems about manliness suddenly went all but silent, but my job still wasn't done.

I continued to stalk around the station kidnapping the survivors with a fire extinguisher full of fire, and would throw them into the crusher. New joiners would come in and walk immediately into the crusher not knowing the better. Soon enough it was just me and the AI, because I also pushed the cyborgs into the crusher. At least that's what I thought until the viking king came crashing down the hallway trying to kill me with his super axe that was a prize for winning the viking cat race.

He died when I threw a bucket of water on the ground and he slipped into the crusher.

I ended up succeeding in escaping alone and assassinating all of my targets.

The best thing is that people thought it was an admin that set up the invisible crushers in the hallway up until I was monologuing in the shuttle.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

VanSandman posted:

can you swallow the disk to keep it safe?

If they want to get it, they'll have to get it out of you first!

Hide it in a box in a box in a pile of boxes in a bag. Then fry the bag and eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Usually we'll do a check up first. Accidental breaking of laws (didnt check, new player, didnt notice law updates or resets) are fine with just a little reminder. You'd have to really be working at it to get jobbanned.

• Locked thread