Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Cooking in this game is very, very robust.

I should also get around to retelling stories of the old stations, including one where I got to test-drive an early Changeling feature as the clown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Aphtonites posted:

Does anyone remember Mars Outpost 42's trams? I'm recreating them for miners to use.
(the floor buffer sprite is a placeholder, by the way)

So...what happens when you cuff an assistant to the tracks?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Motherfucker posted:

At least till the syndies throw a bomb on the tracks.

Also emagging it should just mean that once you speed up you can't slow down again so that you're guaranteed to catch someone.

Combine that with a bomb and somehow recreate 1994's Speed.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
drat, this makes me wish this game had cans of silly string that could arrive in QM's party supply crates, so that in addition to gumming up the station with oodles of pastel-colored resins they could also present a ridiculously-dangerous fire hazard in the station. Seriously, those things were downright explosive.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

The man in orange is just asleep, right :ohdear:

Also good lord that ticket list practically killed me from laughter; I can't wait to see the full extent of how the station will abuse utilize it.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

WarpedNaba posted:

Shooting each other with mass drivers

Now I have the mental image of a pair of stations circling each other, each one trying to bring their broadside to bear to unload their barrage of crates, furniture, and clowns.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Dr. Cogwerks posted:

SS13, a game that is either top-down, sidescrolling, or pseudo-isometric depending on which sprite you're looking at.

Or, on the occasions when admins are loving around with the tiles, text-based.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
If you let a spider-eggs shell sit in the chamber for a long while would it hatch and allow you to fire baby ice spiders directly at station personnel?

This is for security reasons, of course.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Elth posted:

Well, I think that's as good a reason as any to add new food items for the chef. What with the nuggets and all.

:colbert:

How would you actually get ribs and barbecue sauce though?

Ribwich meat should totally come from an amalgamation of different meat-types processed together, like "people gibs + teleporter monster meat + something-that-isn't-meat-at-all" all thrown into the mixer to form a complete sandwich with no heating required (just to further nail down what a Frankenstein of food processing it is). As for the sauce? I'm sure the Chemists could manufacture something vaguely edible :getin:

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Please tell me there are plans for harpoon guns so the crew can re-enact their favorite Herman Melville parodies/Friday the 13th movies.

Also, will there be undersea pressure-related hazards? Will we experience divers being explosively-gibbed due to malfunctioning diving chambers?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

erotic dad posted:

We can have shrink rays (or a telescience area like the underworld in Earthbound):

All I can picture happening with this is one Traitor Scientist going on a shrinking spree and stuffing the crew into a glass terrarium while laughing maniacally before he inevitably drops the container on the floor and is skeletonized by a swarm of ant-like assistants.

Also, re-enacting Honey I Shrunk the Kids but in space.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Cicadalek posted:

New telescience destination: The Fantastic Voyage

New Gamemode: Shrunken crew must work together with their AI-driven micro-craft to locate and remove a deadly tumor from the Space-president's body and escape before time runs up.

I can already see 90% of the rounds ending fifteen minutes in due to assistants ramming their pods into sensitive brain tissue/aggro'ing a mob of antibodies.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Mors Rattus posted:

Buttbots weren't core?

If Macho Men aren't available from day one I'm throwing my physical copy of the game straight into the garbage :colbert:

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I sincerely hope that someone turned into a Batman villain in the aftermath of that trial.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

SynthOrange posted:

Antihol seems like a rather pedestrian and non-SS13 way of getting rid of drunkness. The best way would be a machine to swap your blood and someone else's.

Pffft, that could take hours! Just have a surgeon remove your brain and transplant it into a new body.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Clearly the only solution to avoid an untimely death is to immediately leap out of the station airlock upon arrival and head for the "green" space zones.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Razage posted:

I'm sure glad we can finally have a serious discussion about ERP!

Jesus, that thread is 6 pages long. 6 pages of 'discussion,' in under a day. gently caress you Baystation.

Does anyone have that chatlog where a couple dudes on goonstation attempted to cyber it up with their spacemans and one of the admins teleported in on their 2d-tango in the guise of Space-Hitler before doing terrible things to them?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Bloody Pom posted:

Have it run in the Source engine, it's the only way to accurately model being instagibbed by a torrent of high-velocity fruit. :getin:

And then give it the full gamut of Steam Workshop, so SS13 fans from all over can contribute their horrific and disgusting imaginative and amazing content to the game for decades to come.

(the most popular mod would be poop)

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Botany was visited by the whims of some kind of malevolent, wish-granting force, and much like the smash hit blockbuster Wishmaster films, our desires eventually led to our horrific, and ironic wish-based demises (but no Andrew Divoff in red body-paint). Rob Stark was transformed into some kind of horrible human rave, his color-palette flashing between all the colors known to the visible spectrum. Swarms of noise-making artifacts flooded the station. A monkey experienced a high-order detonation.

Then I was clobbered by an "INSTANT DEATH SANDWICH" after tempting genie-fate with the old "make me a sandwich" wish. After being revived, we vowed to put an end to our wish-lust and seal away the doomwich:

Then it exploded.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
So yeah, if your Captain is wandering around the station in a clown costume, he's gonna expect some abuse from his loyal crew, but holy poo poo Don't shoot him to the ground and beat him to death in the middle of a loving Syndicate round, Christ.

At the very least, loot the loving disk of his body so the syndicates don't just waltz in and grab it, wondering why the captain was dead and alone in security long before they arrived.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
After a valiant struggle against an invasion of blobs, the surviving crew of Space Station 13 were rewarded by Centcom...

...with Macho Madness:

God bless this game.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
I'd love to see more maintenance corridors running through medical, but otherwise I love what I'm seeing so far.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Leal posted:

:vince:

Whatever happened to that one video of just the clown floating in space? Last I checked it was deleted.

Found a re-upload: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2xkpz-26jM

I for one am glad to know the backstory behind the clown's spacing in the complex lore of SS13 videos.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Well, that's horrifying.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Glutton: Start with an addiction to a common food item found on the station

Mutant: Slowly regrow lost limbs! This drastically drains your stamina/you must be sleeping while this happens.

im goku: Start with an orange karate outfit and wacky hair eerily similar to a famous children's cartoon protagonist. Unfortunately, your professional-level costume can't be removed and your enormous hairdo counts as a helmet. Also your hideously-enlarged anime eyes are incapable of processing large amounts of light, causing you to be more easily blinded.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Looks like the station has a new toy to play with involving mirrors and deadly deadly beams of energy, which so far has had pretty much only one practical application:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CISRRn3wolk

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
The sight of a chef dragging cluwnes/husks/unconcious HoP's into his lair will never garner more than an indifferent shrug from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Also it's the only multiplayer game on the market that allows you to viciously-fart on your victim, as far as I know.

• Locked thread