Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Wait, are people actually unironically mad about the removal of poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Small and Blue posted:

Everybody was cheering for the miners when they delivered dozens of crates of ores to the station.

Until they all turned out to contain fermids.

Holy poo poo! :allears: What happened next?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

That looks quite good.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I'm aware that most chemistry recipes seem to be Highly Classified in this thread, but are we allowed to know food and drink recipes, including the interesting/weird ones? Because if so, I'd like to know them.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

How is it that Goonstation has so much lag? Is it because of the constant explosions or something?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Tibbeh posted:

I kinda just spent the past 3 rounds breaking into the bridge and other random places just kinda as a test to myself and its surprising how many people just kinda ignore the miner with a wirecutter and screwdriver prying doors open like they're presents

And it's surprising how much some people mind Botanists experimenting with weed and weed mutations on the station. :(

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

WetSpink posted:

If admins are going nuts over certain chemicals being overly available why not just make it so that they can only be spawned by admins at a time deemed appropriate? or make one of the ingredients require the solarium to be solved.

That's dumb. Admins being dumb shouldn't be a reason for sections of the game to be sealed off to players.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I infused a cannabis seed with a bunch of Gro-Boost, and planted it. It was in poor condition at the beginning and was for a really long time, but with water, compost, and some of the other nutrients in Botany, it eventually got healthy and started flourishing.

It was never harvestable, not even with -35 maturation and -8 production. It had a decent yield stat. But 40 minutes in to the round, it hadn't been harvestable once. What gives?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

What happens when you suspect an admin of abuse, anyways? You can't really prove it, especially if he was the only admin online at the time.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Did they remove the ability to block the ads via Internet Explorer? I can't get in...

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

So is there an in depth guide somewhere on how to be a good/fun Mechanic? I haven't got the foggiest clue how to wire things or build computers. I did build a microwave last round though.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

gently caress. I wonder if there's a video of it or something out there? This sounds really fun and interesting and I'm sad I missed it.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Hah. What did he do?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Coolguye posted:

For those of you in the paranoid business, I STRONGLY recommend buying a medical cartridge from the Cartridge vendor with poisons getting bigger and badder. If you like the scanner your PDA comes with, delete robustris or whatever and copy your cartridge's main utilities to your PDA before replacing it. The medical cartridge comes with both a built in health scanner and a built in reagent scanner, so if you suspect something wrong you can not only get a health readout, but also an immediate read on precisely what's in your system. I seriously cannot think of a better use of your starting credits these days, I buy one first thing pretty much no matter what I'm playing.

Where is the cartridge vendor located?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

They originally held 50 units like normal drinking glasses, right?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Just curious, but why was atmos removed before and why is it coming back?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Most recent LLJK1 round: What the gently caress just happened in medbay with the chlorine golem?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Spy_Guy posted:

Telescience owns.

Where the hell is that?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Can you infuse chemicals into things made with fabric? How?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Synnr posted:

Metal fabrics, man!

Wait, what? How is that possible? How do you make them?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Why are people not spreading out to the three other servers? Lag on LLJK for today has been absurd at times.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I'm guessing with the horrible coding of BYOND, there is no way to avoid the lag we currently suffer from, is there? It's not like everything can be solved with MORE COMPUTING POWER, right?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

How often would someone have to ask for help in mentorhelp/adminhelp for people to get annoyed? I don't know a lot of poo poo but at the same time getting mentors/admins pissed at me would not be a good thing.

Edit: If you are a mechanic and you are trying to make a teleport pad and teleport computer work like the one in Telescience, how would you do it? I got the two things built but I can't connect them.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Sep 20, 2014

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

neogeo0823 posted:

Because, unlike genetics, medbay in general, qm, and sec, botany never does anything but smoke weed and maybe grow tomatoes. They have the potential to be a huge hindrance to most antags, but usually lack the motivation.

How? Growing medical drugs?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

amuayse posted:

Increasing their endurance. Honestly making omnizine via glow fruit is much easier.

What the hell is glow fruit?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I had my first successful traitor round last night!

I stumbled around being nervous and suspicious, copied and build a crusher or two (one of which was directly underneath the disposals exit), and then killed myself when I lagged out, pressed down the movement keys for too long, and ran into my own crusher.

OP Success. :allears:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Are we allowed to build traitory things off station and experiment with them provided we do our best to make sure the collateral damage doesn't spread to the station itself or its crew, barring a few accidental hapless wanderers that might fly too close to an exploding chemical room or something?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Depends on what you're doing. No-one's going to get cross if you set off a canister bomb in the debris field, so long as you take the time to do a quick "Anyone out near [location x] in the debris field?" before setting it off.

What would get the admins pissed at me?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Scalding Coffee posted:

I would be happy to be able to tear down entire departments for scrap to rebuild the station and not worry about antags. The invading monsters would be enough of a threat. Make the shuttle arrive with more supplies than usual for the reconstruction. Teach people how to make stuff.

I still can't figure out how to reconstruct Telescience as a mechanic though. :v:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

If you want to try out a certain kind of traitor type more, should you eliminate the other ones from your job choices or does that not appreciably affect things?

And why the hell does the pizza machine not vend the things you need to eat said pizzas?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

So if I wanted to try the other traitor types should I eliminate the ones I don't want or does that not appreciably affect anything and I should go for as many traitor rounds as I want?

I enjoy being traitor but am extraordinarily bad.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Shwqa posted:

At 51% robotic parts you are more machine than man. And I'm pretty sure at that point your soul just stop recognizing your body and leaves. Then you becomes a zombie. Least that is how shadowrun handles it.

Nah you gotta get those sweet sweet Delta grade bioware, omae.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

SL the Pyro posted:

So after much toil and trouble I figured out how to make my secondary telescience lab work, and went to try and fetch a mob into an enclosed room that couldn't hurt people, but would scare the poo poo out of them.

But, for some reason, the mob in question wouldn't warp no matter what I tried. Thinking there was some kind of "DON'T WARP MOBS WITH TELESCIENCE YOU SHITLORD" coding in play, I tried to warp something else. That something ended up being the X-Drone.

It worked. And it promptly shot me and everyone else it saw through the windows to the station's interior hallway.

I'd like to apologize to everyone who got shot by the sealed-away drone. Bringing that thing to the station was not my intention, and now that I know that can actually happen I won't be doing it again as a non-antagonist.

psst, admins, check the bug reports on the SS13 forums

Whoah poo poo, what? What steps did you take to make them? Give me the directions please?

I was able to make them and put them together but I couldn't get the telepad and the computer to connect together. I was told to connect them to a wire under the floor but I was working on that and I couldn't add wires to the floor to divert the wire line to the computer and telepad...

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Hm. Where is the station server located?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

dogstile posted:

I'm glad that's cleared up, I was going to teleport there the next time I tried wizard.

I don't understand. Did he try to teleport to the emergency shuttle when it wasn't on the station or something?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Hobo Siege posted:

I'm Screaming Manwheat; no barman out there causes more casualties or property damage than me. I still get traitor roles on the reg so you're probably just unlucky.

Oh hey, yeah I remember you. I am Alexander Fergusson and I recall you making some drinks in the Bar with me as Chef that irradiated both of us, and then I fed you your Bo Jack Daniel's Infused right leg and at the end of it we were all horribly drunk, swedish, AND rambling nonsense.

That was great.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

AI Turrets on Lethal go through glass and windows and such right? So there's no way to reset a hostile AI safely without bumrushing in?

This is assuming that no one builds AI uploads elsewhere on the station.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

amuayse posted:

Well the only reason I rushed the armor then was so I could try and hack explosive crates without losing limbs
Now crates don't explode anymore so eh

Wait. They don't? What was the justification of this change?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

amuayse posted:

This new bleeding system is ridiculous
I went from green to crit and eventually death in a matter of minutes because Alfred Picard (as a non-antag) randomly shot me a staple gun while I was in the hallway. A SINGLE staple can ruin your day if left untreated.

Is Alfred Picard played by former Jean Luc Picard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

The spacepod colosseum is fun as hell. No point in the welding torch though because it is NONSTOP DANGER ZONE ACTION.

• Locked thread