Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Can you still get the hilariously broken Aldrin ships in AP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I enjoyed the hell out of TC, but AP just sat in my library waiting til I got around to it. Sorry AP!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It was amazing for strafing runs of large ships though.

The worst realistic space physics experience I had was with Frontier, where I bought a supermassive freighter, tiny engines and tried to slowboat it between trade hubs, except my lovely ship could never plot a decent intercept path nor had enough power to catch up with an orbiting planet. :doh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, got to the part where the broccoli, solar system and toilet flush are all *life spirals* and welp I'm out.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

DatonKallandor posted:

No player Jumpdrive is awesome. There's a reason the setting as described outside the games has Jumpdrives at stellar distances that are impossible to operate for anyone who's not Xenon (who've left the inhabited galaxy) and Ancients.
That reason is that your galaxy will always feel incredibly tiny when everyone can just jump everywhere else at will.

In fact reading that AMA, it sounds like they're a lot closer to the universe as originally envision. Sectors that take a long time to cross (several days at small fractions of c to cross from one gate to the next), Aliens that really odd and hostile (standard reaction when seeing a ship that wasn't Boron or Teladi was run the gently caress away for the most part) and generally a more realistic universe.
Edit: And Bartering with eccentric NPCs offering wierd goods! It's like they're remaking the franchise using the first book as a blueprint.

I did like the bit of worldbuilding when you visit a previously sealed off star system with an abandoned human colony on it. Since they had no jump gate, they developed ridiculously fast ships to do the work in-system. drat things outflew anything else in the game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well, back to Albion Prelude I guess.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BastardySkull posted:

edit: loving hell I've played 4 hours of this game and I've achieved absolutely nothing.

Some might say this is true of all video games.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

They charged 50USD for Starpoint Gemini 2 and then sent out a PR hack to tell people 20fps is normal and expected. :pgi:

Uh, Starpoint Gemini is from a different studio altogether.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

HiKaizer posted:

Does this come out after X - Advance?

(It is an Eva film joke)

X-Afterbirth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Throwing poo poo at X:R

• Locked thread