Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I wasn't sure if I needed another X3 in my life, but this one supports TrackIR! The omission of head-tracking support has always bummed me out with these games. I am so in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I'm a little confused by the nature of this product. It requires you to own TC (which I do), but it seems perfectly content to download without having TC actually installed. (This is all on Steam.) Should I also be downloading TC for this to work, or is it actually self contained?

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

It requires you to own TC but you don't actually have to have it installed. You might as well though because AP shares most of it's files with TC, so say it you installed just AP, then went and installed TC it would only download another few hundred megs of files because a lot of it is already there.

Oh neat, I get it. It's kinda like Source games on Steam. Thanks.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Foodahn posted:

Don't get your hopes up too high, it works but there isn't a cockpit so basically you're just turning the camera and it ends up not being that great. I haven't tried it in a while though so maybe it has improved.

Yeah, I had read that it was a pretty barebones implementation, but I appreciate the warning. I still feel very restricted by the traditional view controls, and I think I'll enjoy the greater freedom.

• Locked thread