Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If anything if the statue is a clue it is part of the path to the treasure. It's jumping over a big part of the verse.

quote:

Near those
Who pass the coliseum
With metal walls
Face the water
Your back to the stairs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Email sent. But it's a UK address and its like 1 AM there so I'm not exactly expecting a speedy response.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

jim truds posted:

If anything if the statue is a clue it is part of the path to the treasure. It's jumping over a big part of the verse.

There is a pedestrian overpass near here that goes over storrow drive. I suppose I can check that out in a bit

E: also by the amphitheater on the Charles River

allta
Mar 28, 2011
So if that's the San Francisco Park map, is it possible that this is the map to the equivalent park in Boston?

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
Cask 1, San Francisco

For Riddle 7: The "object of Twain's attention" is the William McKinley Monument in Panhandle Park. President McKinley led the US into the Spanish-American War which, as Velvet Sparrow pointed out, Twain strongly opposed.

In the illustration, the silhouette of the monument is flipped, suggesting that you should stand with the statue behind you. Based on that, and the location of the pearl in the illustration, I think the casque is buried in Panhandle Park, between the monument and Golden Gate Park.

Unfortunately, the pedestal doesn't match the table clue.

However, it looks like the lamp does!

I could only find a tiny picture, but its silhouette matches. The clock forms the little spire on top. Could this also be the "giant pole" mentioned in the riddle? These lamps must be throughout the park, so it doesn't make sense to single one out as "giant." On the other hand, the illustration seems to show the casque between the monument and a lamp, but somewhat to the south of both. This matches the description in the riddle: Running north, but first across/In jewel's direction/Is an object/Of Twain's attention/Giant pole/Giant step/To the place/The casque is kept." So what's the giant step? Looking at the rose's spiral stem, I wonder if there's a spiral staircase nearby.

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 2, 2013

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

got dat wmd posted:

Here's the lamp and Bill Garrison. Nothing really much here. I suppose years and years ago someone coulda stuffed something under the chair.

http://i.imgur.com/reSQdFs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EfZ1K3b.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QjbRfUA.jpg

hah that's awesome you got down there. That lamps paint looks pretty old! drat I wish it wasn't 1am over here because I want to play with this some more! Knowing goons it'll be solved by the time I wake up. Are there any buildings in the south side of the park area that have many stairs? I wonder if 'face the water' means face north with some sort of stairs behind you. Are there any north facing benches particularly in front of a building with a stairway? Perhaps it was buried under a bench, hence the 'make yourself at home' line

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
The place has changed quite a bit in recent years including a recent landscaping but I'll take another look around in a bit after a beer or two.

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011

Neutrino posted:

It looks like davey4283 &I will meet down in front of the RedArrow park Starbucks around 2:30 tomorrow if other Milwaukee goons are interested.

I have two birthdays and a graduation this weekend otherwise I would totally be there. I've got a flexible schedule and I enjoy biking so I'd be happy to take pics or wander around looking for things. I have PMs now so feel free to PM me if you need anything.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

got dat wmd posted:

There is a pedestrian overpass near here that goes over storrow drive. I suppose I can check that out in a bit

E: also by the amphitheater on the Charles River

just looked at a map of that overpass and it's near some sort of park type land by the water are there any lamps/lights around there I wonder. Don't feel you have to check out myevery hunch though!!!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Knowing myself I'm barking up the wrong tree completely but I have some thoughts about Verse 5:

quote:

Lane Two twenty two
You'll see an arc of lights
Weight and roots extended
Together saved the site
Of granite walls
Wind swept halls
Citadel in the night
A wingless bird ascended
Born of ancient dreams of flight
Beneath the only standing member
Of a forest
To the south
White stone closest
At twelve paces
From the west side
Get permission
To dig out

The first line is what caught my attention: I grew up not far from US Route 222, which runs from southeastern PA down into the northeastern tip of MD. According to Wikipedia, in the year 1982, the northern end of 222 terminated in South Whitehall Township. The primary attraction there is Dorney Park, a amusement/water park. I'm having trouble figuring out what the entrance to the park looked like in 1982, but in the 1950s it looked like this:

Note the "arc of lights" the clown is juggling. Also, in 1982 the park opened Thunder Creek Mountain, a log flume, aka a thing in which a wingless vehicle ascends to give people the feeling of weightlessness. So if my incredibly-out-of-the-blue theory is correct, that would likely imply a cask buried near Thunder Creek Mountain, presumably near a singular tree somewhere in the park.

Unfortunately, a significant part of the park burned to the ground the year later, in 1983. I can't find a pre-1983 park map but I did find this one from the reopening in 1984. Note that TCM is located on the left-hand side of the park:

Also note that I can't find any significance of the stanza:

quote:

Weight and roots extended
Together saved the site
Of granite walls
Wind swept halls
Citadel in the night
If I had to hazard a guess, I would guess that this is connected to Cask 12, which has flying and water as strong motifs. In addition the 8-paneled figure in the background strikes my mathematically-minded head as being related to Two twenty two.

I'm probably 100% wrong with this and someone will point out something that makes me look like an idiot, but this is my theory and I'm sticking with it :colbert: Seriously, does anybody see anything that either corroborates my theory or completely debunks it?

Manto
Aug 27, 2003
Rawrr!
Maybe it was obvious and didn't need pointing out, but in the pic for the Houston treasure there is a stitch like pattern in an arc at the base of the djinn/elemental that could be railroad tracks. I think I've seen railroad tracks depicted like that on maps before. It could be a hint that it is near a bend in the track. If the djinn is a fountain of some sort, the treasure could be near the bend in the track right before coming to the fountain.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

crashdome posted:

I have two birthdays and a graduation this weekend otherwise I would totally be there. I've got a flexible schedule and I enjoy biking so I'd be happy to take pics or wander around looking for things. I have PMs now so feel free to PM me if you need anything.

I am going to admit that I'm not going on much here. So it may not be worth of a long drive. I'm outright ignoring some of the verses and taking directions opposite of what is said. The main evidence I'm using is two part. The first part is the picture and the view of City Hall which is from the middle of Red Arrow park, just off of the sidewalk of Water Street. I don't think it is an accident that the view was chosen, especially with a gem almost centrally shown in that view. The second piece of evidence is the section of the poem:

To the first young birch
Pass three, staying west
You'll see a letter from the country
Of wonderstone's hearth
On a proud, tall fifth
At its southern foot
The treasure waits.

A few of the other verses seem to refer to the City Hall and Pabst Theater, both of which have been around forever. There are a total of 200 steps from the street to the top of City Hall. 92 steps takes you to the landing at a window where you can see the harp at the top of the Pabst Theater. I understand the difference between a harp and harpsichord but did Byron Preiss? Did he say it to throw people off the trail?

Again, I'm stretching here because none of the trees in the park are birch - they are maples. Two of the trees in that line off the sidewalk have been cut down but the remaining ones seem to be the ones he is referring to. I am assuming that the treasure waits on the south side of the fifth tree and that is where I will look. The part where it refers to the "letter from the country of wonderstone's hearth" I think is a reference to the Red Arrow monument. This is pure conjecture and I'm willing to listen to other guesses but I will take a stab (in the ground) at this spot tomorrow. Hopefully I won't hit any 220V underground lines!

Neutrino fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 1, 2013

PunkNickel
Oct 29, 2011
I'm not terribly good at this stuff, but...

The green lamp in Boston on Dartmouth street has me thinking. I've googled thinking there must be a significance to why there would be a green lamp standing out among black ones. Is it possible these green lamps are a way to mark a historical marker, statuary, or something of significance is nearby? If so, then that green lamp would be something that wouldn't change, well, the author would've assumed in 5 months time the rules on those markers isn't going to change.

Isn't Boston one of those cities that pretty much sticks to keeping things historically intact? Atleast that has always been my impression. If so, are there other landmarks in and around Boston that have green lamps on the side of the street near their entrance? If so that would help solidify that the lamp is a marker of some sort. Makes sense to me anyway.

Love this thread!!!

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Back in 1981, there were 4 Paper Birch trees in the northwest corner of Red Arrow Park, at Water and State Streets.
At least according to this.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
My wife suspects that the "wingless bird" in Verse 5 may refer to a cannonball. That could be a general reference to Fort Sumter, but metal stars similar to the star on the mask/pendant's right side are often used in Charleston as historical markers of where civil war cannonballs were dug up/found.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Re: Milwaukee, Wonderstone was the marketed name of pyrophyllite from South Africa.

Hit a large dead end after that.

edit: also, if anyone was thinking Juneau Park, may want to get in contact with this guy and see if his ground-penetrating radar scan of the entire park came up with anything.

http://distantmirror.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/discovering-new-secrets-beneath-juneau-park-in-downtown-milwaukee/

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 1, 2013

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Absolute Lithops posted:

Unfortunately, the pedestal doesn't match the table clue.

However, it looks like the lamp does!

Whenever I look at the pedestal, it looks like a positive-negative puzzle to me, the kind where you can choose to see either the lamp or two faces depending on whether you focus on the dark or the light. So the pedestal could either be something shaped like the light area in the middle *or* the negative space between two pillars shaped like the two sides.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I don't have it all figured out yet, but here's my case for the New Orleans one being located in Jackson Square, in the French Quarter (where Preservation Hall is) The layout of the park is circular, like the face of the clock. The second hand is about at 14 or 15, and ends with a circle. If NE is 12:00, then there's a flagpole at 14/15, though I'm hardly sure that it's always been there.

If verse 7 is the matching one, here's what I've got:

At stone wall's door (I'm inclined to think it's a reference to Stonewall Jackson, but the park is named after Andrew Jackson)
The air smells sweet (Cafe du Monde is at the edge of the park, famous for its beignets. They are loaded with a gently caress ton of powdered sugar)
Not far away
High posts are three (Three spires of the St. Louis Cathedral at one edge of the park)
Education and Justice
For all to see
Sounds from the sky
Near ace is high
Running north, but first across (there's a bend in the Mississippi River at the park, it goes north, and then 90 degrees to the east)
In jewel's direction
Is an object
Of Twain's attention (Mississippi River is at the edge of the park, in the direction of the flag pole)
Giant pole (the flag pole?)
Giant step
To the place
The casque is kept.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 1, 2013

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
Cask 12

The location of this cask is thought to be New York
Verse 10
In the shadow
Of the grey giant
Find the arm that
Extends over the slender path
In summer
You'll often hear a whirring sound
Cars abound
Although the sign
Nearby
Speaks of Indies native
The natives still speak
Of him of Hard word in 3 Vols.
Take twice as many east steps as the hour
Or more
From the middle of one branch
Of the v
Look down
And see simple roots
In rhapsodic man's soil
Or gaze north
Toward the isle of B.

Could it be that this is in Providence Rhode Island?

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.796987,-71.4258&q=loc:41.796987,-71.4258&hl=en&t=m&z=15

Statue of Columbus points north along an avenue, if you walk down that avenue there is a cemetery "Rhapsodic man's soil"

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

The Walking Dad posted:

Cask 12

The location of this cask is thought to be New York
Verse 10
In the shadow
Of the grey giant
Find the arm that
Extends over the slender path
In summer
You'll often hear a whirring sound
Cars abound
Although the sign
Nearby
Speaks of Indies native
The natives still speak
Of him of Hard word in 3 Vols.
Take twice as many east steps as the hour
Or more
From the middle of one branch
Of the v
Look down
And see simple roots
In rhapsodic man's soil
Or gaze north
Toward the isle of B.

Could it be that this is in Providence Rhode Island?

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.796987,-71.4258&q=loc:41.796987,-71.4258&hl=en&t=m&z=15

Statue of Columbus points north along an avenue, if you walk down that avenue there is a cemetery "Rhapsodic man's soil"

But the face of the image is really close to the Statue of Liberty's face, especially the point in the hair and the flowly robes.

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
To play devils advocate about the above, there is a Block Island in Narragansett Bay. (isle of B)... But that is way south

cheeeeesecake fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 1, 2013

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
That bird in the New York picture strikes me as being really important. Its head is so stylized, but its body is so realistic.

EDIT: Lemontiger doesn't mention the bird at all in his analysis, but he speculates the "Indies native" in the verse is a reference to Alexander Hamilton, who was born on the Caribbean island of Nevis and who was the namesake of Fort Hamilton.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Ok, who is going to get played by Nichols Cage in the forthcoming Hollywood movie of this thread?

I really wish I could go to some of these parks! Once you've nailed the park/direction/objects it can't be that hard to find?

That anti-slave statue- which way is it looking? Is it looking towards the green lamp post?

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011

Neutrino posted:

I am going to admit that I'm not going on much here. So it may not be worth of a long drive. I'm outright ignoring some of the verses and taking directions opposite of what is said. The main evidence I'm using is two part. The first part is the picture and the view of City Hall which is from the middle of Red Arrow park, just off of the sidewalk of Water Street. I don't think it is an accident that the view was chosen, especially with a gem almost centrally shown in that view. The second piece of evidence is the section of the poem:

To the first young birch
Pass three, staying west
You'll see a letter from the country
Of wonderstone's hearth
On a proud, tall fifth
At its southern foot
The treasure waits.

A few of the other verses seem to refer to the City Hall and Pabst Theater, both of which have been around forever. There are a total of 200 steps from the street to the top of City Hall. 92 steps takes you to the landing at a window where you can see the harp at the top of the Pabst Theater. I understand the difference between a harp and harpsichord but did Byron Preiss? Did he say it to throw people off the trail?

Again, I'm stretching here because none of the trees in the park are birch - they are maples. Two of the trees in that line off the sidewalk have been cut down but the remaining ones seem to be the ones he is referring to. I am assuming that the treasure waits on the south side of the fifth tree and that is where I will look. The part where it refers to the "letter from the country of wonderstone's hearth" I think is a reference to the Red Arrow monument. This is pure conjecture and I'm willing to listen to other guesses but I will take a stab (in the ground) at this spot tomorrow. Hopefully I won't hit any 220V underground lines!

It's only 20 mins to downtown from me via bus (with a bike) and I can wander around and see if I find anything interesting. The fireplace (wonderstone's hearth) has me intrigued simply because it would seem like it refers to something so obvious that it would jump out at you.
The distance in time also has me wondering what it's talking about. As much as a few of the verses seem to be speaking of something we are almost sure about, I feel that without all the clues to tie it all together it will just be incredibly more difficult to find.

edit: Actually, if it was in Red Arrow Park, would it not have been dug up when the rink went in?

crashdome fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 1, 2013

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
I'm wondering how many of these got obliterated in some sort of construction endeavor, or were found long ago and nobody had any idea what they were.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
It is possible that the Cask 12 is wrong and isn't new york. The wiki and pretty much everywhere else I've seen lists the coordinates as new york but not in an exactly believable way.

The only way we would be able to confirm it was new york would be if we found the coordinates in the puzzle picture, which for this one is easier said than done.

I'll play around with the filters a bit and see if I can find it.

I'm to tied to see anything, but here is the inverted image which should make it easier for anyone willing to try:

I'd imagine its in the waves somewhere and it should give the coordinates to NewYork but possibly not!

See you tomorrow goons, I'll update the OP a bit then!

allta fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 1, 2013

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

The Monkey Man posted:

That bird in the New York picture strikes me as being really important. Its head is so stylized, but its body is so realistic.

EDIT: Lemontiger doesn't mention the bird at all in his analysis, but he speculates the "Indies native" in the verse is a reference to Alexander Hamilton, who was born on the Caribbean island of Nevis and who was the namesake of Fort Hamilton.

That's the design of the Bird's heads gargoyles on the Chrysler Building - Or at the very least, what it looks like to me.

Maybe?

It might just be a reference to the location along with Lady Liberty's face.

The Indies part of the verse might refer to the Indian population that reside in Murray Hill, which is close to the Chrysler building. The area is nicknamed "Curry Hill" due to it's residents.

and on the topic of Isle of B, maybe he's not actually referring to an Island in the water. Dunno, just more thoughts.

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 1, 2013

Tshirt Ninja
Jan 1, 2010

quote:

To play devils advocate about the above, there is a Block Island in Narragansett Bay. (isle of B)... But that is way south

But Block Island isn't "north" of anything except ocean.

Way Strong Pimphand
Feb 19, 2010

TShields posted:

I'm wondering how many of these got obliterated in some sort of construction endeavor, or were found long ago and nobody had any idea what they were.

I was literally thinking the exact same thing. I'm sure some kid, somewhere, was all :psyduck: thanks to this book.

While they might be tough to find, they're probably buried right next to noticeable landmarks and I'm sure at least one curious mind has accidentally dug up a cask or two by now.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

allta posted:

It is possible that the Cask 12 is wrong and isn't new york. The wiki and pretty much everywhere else I've seen lists the coordinates as new york but not in an exactly believable way.

The only way we would be able to confirm it was new york would be if we found the coordinates in the puzzle picture, which for this one is easier said than done.

I'll play around with the filters a bit and see if I can find it.

I'm to tied to see anything, but here is the inverted image which should make it easier for anyone willing to try:

I'd imagine its in the waves somewhere and it should give the coordinates to NewYork but possibly not!

See you tomorrow goons, I'll update the OP a bit then!

I'd be very surprised if there's coordinates anywhere in that image that aren't easily visible to the naked eye. Remember that the book was published in '82, long before the advent of photo manipulation software.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

crashdome posted:

It's only 20 mins to downtown from me via bus (with a bike) and I can wander around and see if I find anything interesting. The fireplace (wonderstone's hearth) has me intrigued simply because it would seem like it refers to something so obvious that it would jump out at you.
The distance in time also has me wondering what it's talking about. As much as a few of the verses seem to be speaking of something we are almost sure about, I feel that without all the clues to tie it all together it will just be incredibly more difficult to find.

edit: Actually, if it was in Red Arrow Park, would it not have been dug up when the rink went in?

Possibly if it was under one of those birch trees DUO TCR mentioned. The tree I was thinking of probing near may have been undisturbed since the 1980s. It's hard to tell. This is what the park looked like in 1983 before the skating rink was built. It was built in 1970. The area along Water Street near Kilbourn may not have changed too much.

Neutrino fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 1, 2013

Dreddlocks
Oct 23, 2012
It looks like there is some sort of symbol underneath the center of the clock but I can't really tell for sure right now. Anybody else see what I'm talking about?

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
The B line runs under Columbus Circle in central park. Problem with that grey statue is that neither of his arms are outstretched.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
If this thread is still kicking by Monday-Tuesday, I'll drive over to Louis Armstrong Park in N.O. (I live about an hour away) with a shovel and check out the clues and take pictures. I'd go tomorrow but my weekend is gonna be busy.

lnhostetler
May 31, 2013
I have a tenuous hypothesis regarding the Florida image. One line in Verse 9 reads, "At the base of a tall tree". What if that's referring to the tall tree pictured and the base of it, like 'X', marks the spot? Also, a Royal Palm (in the picture) Boulevard and a Rock Island (also pictured) Road, intersect in Margate, Florida--which is close to the base of the tree on the map. I might be reaching on this, I'm not sure.

I'm curious why everyone assumes it's Ponce de Leon on the horse. A lot of other conquistadors roamed Florida. What if it's De Soto, Cortez, or De Vaca?

One (probably random) association I found is the position of the horseman relative to the negative outline of Florida. The horseman is positioned near Apalachicola River, where the "Bay of Horses" incident took place.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
Cask 1, San Francisco

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Whenever I look at the pedestal, it looks like a positive-negative puzzle to me, the kind where you can choose to see either the lamp or two faces depending on whether you focus on the dark or the light. So the pedestal could either be something shaped like the light area in the middle *or* the negative space between two pillars shaped like the two sides.
I've been thinking that the clock on a pedestal could be a sundial.

New Orleans

Sesq posted:

If verse 7 is the matching one, here's what I've got:
Running north, but first across (there's a bend in the Mississippi River at the park, it goes north, and then 90 degrees to the east)
In jewel's direction
Is an object
Of Twain's attention (Mississippi River is at the edge of the park, in the direction of the flag pole)
I think you're right that this refers to a river. The word "running" really implies that.

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 2, 2013

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012

quiggy posted:

I'd be very surprised if there's coordinates anywhere in that image that aren't easily visible to the naked eye.

There's a 41 and a 74 in the water according this page. The 41 looks off to me though.

Adnachiel fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 1, 2013

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Here's a question regarding the Montreal/St. Louis puzzle. Is, or was, there any indication from the author that he was placing any of these caches outside the United States?

quote:

Cask 9:

For some reason, I just find it odd that every one of these things, but one, was buried in the United States.

Also, any idea what the mans fingers, if anything, mean? That stuck out to me 4 and 3 fingers visible. Also, I know nothing about either St. Louis or Montreal. Or any of the cities actually, so I should be a great asset to this thread.

Also, look at the V his shirt makes. Seriously, it looks like Gibraltar or something. That has to be a geographic feature. Actually I'm totally speculating, but given the other pictures...

Finally, the steps on the short design probably pick out something pretty specific.

Edit

Looking at his hair upside down I see the numbers 6 and 8, plus more shapes that could easily pick out geography.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 1, 2013

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Can anyone make out the bottom letters/markings on the square part of the dragon San Francisco one, I see the X and A, then it looks like 3 circles below the X and not sure of the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Here's some analysis from someone arguing that 9 is St. Louis:

If there's any of these that we're completely in the dark about, it's this one.