Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How do you know what city goes with each picture? Was that part of the book? The map at the top just says confident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sizone posted:

If you're going to bury something in a park in San Fransisco then the Presidio is pretty much the way to go.

Not in 1980.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Occams taser posted:

this......

- picture of where it's supposed to be

- picture of the surrounding streets (gough street is right near by), the "white" house is actually ON gough street, it looks like.

That isn't a house, it's an apartment building. There is a white house (or two) on Washington Street, though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Has anyone even dug a hole yet?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Isn't the Montreal population largely French speaking? And probably more so when this English language book was published.

Yeah, probably not Montreal.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Since no one commented before, I'm just going to repeat and add something:

The majority of the population of Montreal speaks French. The book was printed in English. Was it even released in Canada?

If it was not released in Canada or in French then Montreal is not going to be one of the cities. There is not going to be a cask in a city where no one had access to the book.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

stab posted:

Fifty four percent of montreal considers english their first language .

Its okay, us anglo montrealers are used to that.

Wikipedia said that 65% said French was #1. True it's wikipedia. But I'm thinking back 30 years.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

nocal posted:

San Francisco

"White House close at hand"

is this the white house?

Probably not, but it is an awesome Banana Republic.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Did anyone ever find anything? I got bored after a month or so of nothing happening.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Kinda hoping this guy just digs a hole and jumps in then someone else fills the hole.

Or that he posts his manifesto.

One or the other.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I propose a mod challenge for Never Been Banned (who has been banned.)

Give him X amount of time to dig and document his findings and post his manifesto or just post the drat thing or face a permaban. X = 1 week seems a fair amount of time.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Nah, see, this has to play out in the Kabuki Dance manner that these things always play out here on SA.

Guy floats a trial balloon: "Should I do X?" and everyone goes yeah, sure that would be cool, but the guy never does it, just hints that... i dunno... i might get in trouble... and on and on until no one gives a flying gently caress anymore. Then, and only then, does the jaggoff ever reveal his plans twhich are always pure, concentrated retardation. And nothing ever comes of it all.

See, he's milking the attention for all it's worth. Once he lets us in on his dumb theory, we'll duly mock it and move on. It's only by blueballing everyone that these types of posters can prolong their pathetic 15 minutes of SA fame.

Mark my words: it will play out precisely this way. The dude has a nutjob theory. Watch.

This is why I suggested the mod challenge. Which he immediately asked not to have happen. I think your theory is correct.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
^^ Coupled with:

"Hay guyz, here is a solve I wrote up that couldn't work because it is and has been illegal to dig there since the book was made."

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Those Gh's don't match. I think people want them to match but when you actually look at them, they don't. I think the alcatraz match is dubious, as well. There is nothing on alcatraz that looks like that barred window. Again, it seems like someone likes the idea so much they are making it real. Same with the Golden Gate Park shape and the asian thing and pretty much everything that matches that picture to SF. Nothing is solid. Everything requires a leap.

The SC one actually does make a lot of sense. There are definite matches in the picture. Same with Chicago and Cleveland.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Merlot Brougham posted:

If we didn't already have the Chicago solution, I imagine you'd be claiming the fence in the image can't be a match for the fence at the treasure ground based on the comparisons. Image 1 is absolutely showing us an outline of the border of Golden Gate Park and the G and H from the Ghirardelli sign, just as Image 9 is absolutely showing us a lamp post.

Except it is not the outline of GGP. The panhandle is missing.

E: And the Gh is a different font. It's a leap, but not a definite one.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 8, 2014

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Merlot Brougham posted:

It's a barred up prison like window in the center of a big rock.

You'd have a much easier time of it if you focused on the numbers that could be the right lat/lon than on things that don't match at all or barely match.

Barely: GGP with no panhandle. Or a big long rectangle. It's a park! I know it!
Not at all: The alcatraz link. You can make a leap by saying alcatraz was called The Rock, but it's not a good one.
Barely: Gh.

These three things seem more like someone falling in love with an idea and wanting it to be true rather than on something concrete.

That shape in the rocks on the left? That is consistent with other pictures in that it looks like it is a shape of some sort of land/water body. Nothing like that around SF, though.

The only thing that does make sense is the numbers.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Deadite posted:

Just post the location or at least say which painting and verse you are using

He's found a secret painting and a secret verse:

Verse 13: X marks the spot, human being.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You tell 'em, jockstrap!

But autists gotta aut.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I wrote a manifesto about how verse 3 and picture 8 are about a cask hidden in the Lincoln Bedroom. Stay tuned for more. I'm totally going to dig it up!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

This poo poo should be Mod Challenged.

I said this pages back. NBB immediately cried to the mods not to challenge him because of reasons.

I still think he should get this challenge:

1 - go to the site, dig, take pics, post pics and manifesto.

or

2 - just post the manifesto.

or

3 - Permaban. Not just a ban. His name is never been banned so a permaban makes sense.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Supreme Court posted:

Mod challenge sounds fun, he's requested goon pressure.

30 day deadline requested!

30 is pretty lenient. I say 7 days.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

What's up with not telling us what image you're working with? Do you seriously think someone is going to swoop in like Indiana Jones to steal a plaster shoebox that no one has located in over 30 years? I don't get why you're being such a retarded weirdo about this most basic info.

He's not retarded, he's autistic.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've seen Fred Astaire live a few times and each time has been a wonderful surprise. Because it's not one of the more popular songs, it is always unexpected. But man...I love Fred Astaire.

And thanks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Here ya go:

Post the city, picture and verse. Done.

That's a little.

You've already posted a lot. A lot about nothing.

So actually post something.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Another reason for NBB to share his poo poo is because of the high likelihood that he is wrong. It's obvious that he now has other people putting time and money into his idea and he also has to put time aside for this. All while his other "solutions" have been dubious.

We just want to help. So post your poo poo and if it is as airtight as you say then people here will be fully in your corner and it will be a race against time to get there before someone else does. Which should really light a fire under your rear end.

And if it is obviously wrong then you can move on and deal with it and start looking for 23s in other locations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

xie posted:

i am not 100% aspergers

So what % aspergers are you?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
112 is there which would make it pretty close to Salt Lake City.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is it possible that the text of the book has more clues than most of the spergs think? I mean, spergs are pretty well known to not see what is clearly in front of them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just dug up San Francisco. Didn't find the cask. Did find a lot of hipster douchebags.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Maybe he just shut up because he realized all he was doing was teasing us.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Prediction: the ground will be frozen. No documents will be posted. NBB will be banned.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just reading through the actual text:

http://thesecret.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/69009390/The%20Secret_OCR.pdf

you can match up areas with stones and then the pictures as a result.

Russia - Topaz - NY - Image 12
Engerland - Garnet - NC - Image 3
Works for the Cleveland one, too.

I suspect most of them can be done in the same way.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The text says the Topaz is from the Russian fairies who did some poo poo with the Mohicans. The Mohicans were in New York.
Garnet came from the English ones who taught archery to Catawba Indians who were from NC.

Just read the text. It's not all there but a lot is.

Stuuuuuupid as gently caress that all these super spergs have been obsessed with pictures and poems when there was some actual confirmation and at least hints in the text, too.

The possible Boston one, though... That one is Italy/Peridot and the text mentions then fighting with Powhatan in NJ but the Powhatan were from Virginia. However, NJ is midway between MA and VA. So a battle between the two could happen in the middle.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I wish people would stop saying Golden Gate Park. Golden Gate Park.

It does not look like Golden Gate Park. Just because it is a rectangle doesn't make it look like GGP.

For reference, this is GGP:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Golden+Gate+Park/@37.7664993,-122.4754422,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x808587726045f763:0x71be8b68ef3ba730

It has a 1/2 mile long by 1/2 block wide panhandle at one end and it also bulges a bit before the panhandle. It is also long and thin. It is not a loving match.

Sheesh. Idiots.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just took a poo poo. One of the turds kinda looked like Roanoke. Then I flushed. Someone should crawl into my sewers and dig.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The one in French.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
He broke his hand.

Get it straight.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Goon love is the best love.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

xie posted:

Golden Gate park thinks its a hoot and approves all of Malted Falcon's requests to dig even though he's been digging for a decade now.

This is because they have staff members that look at the puzzle and know it's not there so think it is funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Buried inside the statue of The Thinker.

Comedy option: in the holocaust celebration exhibit.