Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

GaryLeeLoveBuckets posted:

If I get caught, I'm just going to shout "It belongs in a museum!"

awesome line, great thread in general.

I'm seriously tempted to get these pictures blown up, I love the artwork as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Crashbee posted:

The puzzle-solving is cool but the treasure is now a probably-broken decayed box and a key to nothing.

if it got enough publicity, you'd have to think SOMEONE who had an interest in the book back in the day would be willing to pay a healthy sum to own a legitimate casket/key from the treasure hunt, likely more than the gemstone itself would be worth.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

that's exciting as hell, it's a pity (though not surprising) he's become jaded by the unauthorized diggers.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

If my name is mentioned in an article saying I found one cask and assisted in finding another, I might be able to put that poo poo on my resume. :q:

I thought I was following this thread pretty closely, but this confuses me, are you one of the original 2 guys that's found one and the Houston one is your assist, or...?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Luminous posted:

It's just a smirky look.

I disagree, but I might be wrong. Examine both images one after another, and look for:

The smile: nostrils flared width-wise like they do when you smile, shallower wrinkles on face, smile makes face seem wider, fuller cheeks, the eyes seem to be smiling too, "healthier" hair (?)

The frown: nostrils flared length-wise like they do when you frown, deeper wrinkles on face, thinner face, smaller cheeks, sad eyes, "wilder" hair (?)

That being said, I have no idea what that might mean even if I'm not imagining things.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm pretty goddamn excited something big seems on the brink of happening.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Never Been Banned posted:

Patience dogg. There are things in this world that don't move at the pace of an entertaining thread.

I want to believe.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's really funny that my reality check is being misconstrued as anger.

To be fair, it does come across pretty mad and/or bitter, kind of like the puzzle broke you to some small degree.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I thought it was specifically stated the story portion didn't contain clues.

Or can a lie be a twist?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

DIGSAFE, are you loving kidding me?

Lol, 21st century treasure hunters are not quite the men of old.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Womp womp.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This is pretty awesome being on the precipice.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This is so cool!

Be careful that archaeologist isn't trying to horn in on your glory as a co-solver or some bs.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Tony Homo was right all along, never saw it coming.

Stupid, STUPID...

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's pretty clear Xie was killed for what he knows by, oh, let's say the Russians.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

The main thing holding me back is the high cost of a plane fare from Australia. If goons shout me the fare, I promise to dig in at least two suggested places. Reputable, safe airlines only, thanks.

I'd chip in, on the reasonable condition you be kept caged until fulfilling your end of the deal.

A reputable, safe cage of course.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

urban smurf is almost certainly mentally ill

Well sure, but I mean, I get it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'd like to rough up the widow Priess a little, nothing major you know, just shove her around a bit, maybe a headlock.

I feel like Byron would really get the message in the next realm.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

How did you age 25 years since 2014?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

3M TA3 posted:

A guy that I know from Boston sent me a picture of a blue light that looks very much like the blue globes in image 11. The light is pretty old and he asked if I remembered or if I knew anyone who might remember other lights like that one around the city.
I posted the picture here and asked if any Bostonians might have memories of those lights. He got pissed and asked me to take it down. So I did. My bad for posting it without his permission.

Lmao, what a loving turbosperg.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Someone should pin this thread and make 50 nonsensical posts at 3am just to watch people deflate or blood boil the next morning.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

burnstyle posted:

I'm not allowed in that group because I am too negative and dont work well with others :/

Josh has got some crazy poo poo going on right now. He is honestly scared for his life because of the Secret. It's weird how the mind plays games on itself when it isnt healthy.

Lmfao, imagine being that hard of a sperg you insert yourself into a fake spy novel over this nerdy dead game.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I remember quite enjoying the original art but that thing is a monstrosity.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man, sarcasm is just awful.

That guy's an idiot, but your post was actually worse.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol, that's amazing.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I didn't realize how deeply this dumb book had broken some people's brains.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

What a fluffy piece, yeesh.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Agreed, and I hope it haunts them.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Agreed. Solves abound like cars in New York city. The spoils go to the people who put in the actually hard work of getting on site and figuring a way to get it.

Lol "hey use your equip to dig this up for me" truly the hardest of work and they deserved it way more than the people that showed up later that day to make the same request.

Asterisk, asterisk!!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

wa27 posted:

Sure, and the Cleveland guy didn't "deserve" it because he used the internet. :rolleyes:

Very clearly the same thing, great comparison. :rolleyes:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hustlin Floh posted:

Lol you morons are unbelievably Not Mad that someone beat you

I haven't seen a single take like that, sweet threadshitting though.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

AARP LARPer posted:

(very not mad)

(lol if you think I'd spend a single second puzzling this poo poo out)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Are you kidding, those wrists are too damaged to ever type again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BigFactory posted:

I mean even GBS mock threads or Games threads where people moan about how much they hate the games they rack up hundreds of hours on. This is just a thread about dorks trying to solve puzzles that look like 2nd Edition D&D art.

The art fuckin rules