Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Occams taser
Mar 7, 2013

What is Occam's Razor??????
Verse 6 is for the one in San Francisco.

(i'm in rhode island, so no chance of me going to look for it, but i digress)

Using the discovered casks as a baseline, it can be assumed that the image COULD include a hidden latitude and longitude for the city. Reading down the column of figures on the right of the dress, we see:

I
II
II

The finger of her right hand divides the boxes below into:

which results in the coordinates 122 and 37, which are coincidentally the coordinates for San Francisco.

Of all the romance retold
Men of tales and tunes
Cruel and bold
Seen here
By eyes of old

This is a paraphrase of the introduction to Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, which suggests that it is also in SF, as the RLS memorial is in portsmouth square, chinatown (doesn't the oriental looking woman and the dragon in the picture make sense now?).

Stand and listen to the birds
Hear the cool, clear song of water

This could be a description of the spot by the fountain.

Harken to the words:
Freedom at the birth of a century
Or May 1913

These lines recall Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation; its legislation to free slaves at the beginning
of a century, and its 50th anniversary celebration in 1913. Looking at the map of Portsmouth square, there's a "Clay st" and a man named Cassius Clay helped draft the proclamation, and assuming this is relative, it could be referencing Clay St.

Edwin and Edwina named after him

The actor Edwin Booth (yes john wilkes booth's brother), whose daughter Edwina was named after him, is commemorated on a nearby plaque at 440 Bush St (the site of the old California Theater). INCIDENTALLY. there's also a plaque commemorating Robert Louis Stevenson (on the house where he lived.)

Or on the eighth a scene
Where law defended

If you follow Clay west, you come to Lafayette Tennis court (“a scene where law defended”) on Octavia (which means eighth).

Embedded in the sand
Waits the Fair remuneration

I'm assuming this is a literal hint as to where the cask is buried.

White house close at hand.

I'm assuming there's a white house nearby.

Did some quick googling to find most of this stuff out, but it makes a shitload of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Occams taser
Mar 7, 2013

Haha, actually i should have posted that those ideas came from that lemontiger site, not me! I just realized no one said anything about that site, so I thought i'd post it, all the while forgetting to cite them.

That being said, lemontiger's reasonings are off the chart, research wise.

http://www.lemontiger.co.uk/images/misc/thesecret/

This contains all cask theories.

Occams taser
Mar 7, 2013

Howard The Dork posted:

Wow! So then GH on her collar becomes Gough Street, which borders lafayette park to the east.

this......

- picture of where it's supposed to be

- picture of the surrounding streets (gough street is right near by), the "white" house is actually ON gough street, it looks like.

Occams taser
Mar 7, 2013

Cask 3
Verse 11

Look north at the wing
And dig

Occams taser fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 31, 2013

Occams taser
Mar 7, 2013

The cask is within that yellow circle, i'm almost sure of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Occams taser
Mar 7, 2013

The photoshop tricks are cool and everything, guys.

But I don't think anything more than making the images lighter would do much..(photoshop wasn't around when these paintings were made)

and they were meant to be viewed from the book.

I'm just pointing that out there, and I think maybe some of you are tricking yourself into seeing things by using these "tricks"

Other than that, I'm liking the progress made in the thread!