Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Verse #7 may go with San Francisco. It mentions 'Twain's attention' with 'Twain' capitalized (Mark Twain spent time in San Francisco), that may refer to Calaveras County from his story, 'The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County'. The 'giant pole' may refer to Coit Tower.

In the picture for San Francisco, the post that the rose sits on looks like the shape of something--the Coit Tower or a cannon, possibly referring to The Presidio...?

I was thinking maybe a lighthouse. But looking at pics online it doesn't quite seem to match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Can anyone make out the bottom letters/markings on the square part of the dragon San Francisco one, I see the X and A, then it looks like 3 circles below the X and not sure of the rest.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
The dog and horse thing is just so identical, I can't see it being anything but Montreal personally, the top right of his head it bugging me, it's something, but I can't come up with what.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
If you got to http://thesecret.pbworks.com/w/page/22148559/FrontPage you can download their "high scans" from what looks like 2004 from the BunnyEars website link.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
There also seems to be something just below the middle of the clock in the New York one, but it's either too grainy to make out, or I'm imagining things.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
I wonder who has the original artwork, love to see some high def scans of them.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Amazon has a few too, was pondering ordering one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0553014080/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Actually I did order one, so we'll see.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
I think the map showing Salt Lake is a bit older before they had the cities (other than St Louis or Montreal) pinned down, I haven't read anything anywhere to suggest SLC is one of the cities now.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

Emacs Headroom posted:

Anybody feel like a trip to the library?

http://www.worldcat.org/title/secret/oclc/9023019&referer=brief_results

No copies in the NYPL system apparently, but there are some in various places.

edit: people are selling used copies on Amazon for $50-$100. Does someone have a really good scanner they want to use, and the rest of us will buy a copy and ship it to you?

I should have a copy any day that I bought off Amazon last week. I'll see what I can do for images once I get it.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
I just got my copy of the book, which I would say is in VG to NM condition. Looking at it, I think the only way I will get really good scans or pictures is to to take the picture pages out of the book.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Ok, I should have good images tomorrow from the book for everyone, got my friend at work bringing in a camera better than what I can get off my phone. I don't have a high quality scanner readily available to use.

I'll get the pics and post them online for everyone here to look through.

If you guys want, I'll scan the rest of the book too somehow.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Here's a link to scans we did today with an original copy of the book. For some reason I couldn't get them to upload to imgur.com (think because they were over 10mb each) so had to use flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46823115@N02/sets/72157633959792176/

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

KennyMan666 posted:

Nice high-quality scans there. Could you perhaps make high-res scans of the two pictures that were already solved, too, so one could have the full set in that quality?

They are up with the rest now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

Fatz posted:

CASK 12 (NYC)

The dots within the arches at the top of the picture remind me so much of the vision tests I have to take every year. I think there's numbers in the one on the left, but I can't quite make it out. Maybe one is the color filter for another?

They look like this to me: (example from google)

I see the number 10 pretty clearly on the colored image, it's mostly green or green shaded dots.