Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gogobunny
Mar 31, 2005

going places
I also live across the bay from SF so I'm really interested in #1. Plus it looks like it's supposed to be the June one and that's my birth month, so it's doubly attractive to me.

Anyway, I got really fixated on that "sweet smell" clue, and the first things that came to mind were either the rose garden in Golden Gate Park, or Ghirardelli Square. Ghirardelli Square has the added bonus of being right across the water from Alcatraz, since I do think that's supposed to be Alcatraz in the background there, plus it's close to several parks. Golden Gate park kinda fits with the Asian motif of the illustration, though, since it's got a Japanese garden and a Chinese style gazebo. Most of the other clues in the verse I have no idea about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gogobunny
Mar 31, 2005

going places

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

I think the gemstone is the half-circle above the XII.

Kinda looks like a turquoise, and a quick wiki-ing tells me that's associated with December, and the flower for December is a narcissus, which looks like what's on the clock there.

gogobunny
Mar 31, 2005

going places

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Note that there is an actual inhabited Treasure Island in San Francisco Bay.

There is, but it was also still an active military installation in the '80s.