Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«60 »
  • Locked thread
Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

Mossman slowly crawled on his belly through the rubble and dirt. He kept as low as possible as he maneuvered in a wide arc around the three armed men. His goal was the truck. It would provide solid cover, and might hold better weapons. At the very least, Mossman would be able to disable their truck and strand them in the wasteland.

Sneak = 19 (Base): 1d100 = 1! Am I good, or what?

Mossman looked inside the cab of the truck, and scanned the truck bed. Maybe there'd be a spare shotgun or rifle lying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax tries to follow Sahen, sneaking carefully. Yet despite being one of the stealthiest members of the group, if not the stealthiest, he fails spectacularly. Doing everything wrong, stepping on dry sticks, etc.

Sneak 60: 1d100 99, welp

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


GM Notes
Got a little free time at work today, Huzzah! Sorry about delays.

----

Map


@SevenSocks - I'll get your map up tonight or tomorrow. I don't have the sprites for the suited men, dead people or that truck up here at work.
@Went to Hell - I'll update the map to show that you have successfully snuck around to the truck while Sahen kept them distracted with his macabre display.
@Ryuujin - I'll update the map to show where you get spotted!

----

Sahen
The men look at you with contempt and for a second, you think one of the men in blue might even fire on you, but the man in black gets his attention and steps forward just a bit, keeping a safe distance to address you.

"A favor from you? A tribal savage, ha! Yeah, right. Now, I've about had enough of your "display", but if you're trying to send a message pal' it ain't comin' across the way you want it to. Now my boys here, want to wrap a rope around your neck and drag you all the way back to Nashville, but I'm a bit more civilized than them. That being said, give up any caps, medicine or ammunition you have and you can feast all through the night if you want."

The man grins, slicking back his hair again, amused with himself.

You can make a speech check to convince, a charisma check beguile or a strength check to intimidate(with a +3 to the roll, making it slightly more difficult to succeed). Let me know if you have any questions or alternative plans!

----

Mossman
You carefully sneak around the back of the truck to find 2 flares, a length of rope, a dull knife and a fuel cell storage for the truck.

It would appear that the leader of this murderous band is attempting to rob Sahen.

----

Therax
As you advance along the highway to close in on Sahen who has engaged the gunmen, you find that your robe has snagged on a jutted out piece of wreckage from north most vehicle.

All four men turn to look in your direction.

"Wh-what?! Someone is out there! Show yourself right now!" Shouts a man in blue.

The leader turns to Sahen and shouts, "ARE YOU loving WITH ME TRIBAL, YOU HERE WITH SOMEONE! YOU BETTER TALK FAST BEFORE I HOLLOW OUT YOUR GOD DAMNED SKULL."

Flecks of spit fly from his mouth as he turns red in the face, still managing to find the time to slick back his oily hair.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax extricates himself from the wreckage, careful that his appearance is revealed. Then he continues to approach, hopefully they do not fire upon Sahen.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

Sahen stares over the three suited men as they shake him down, guns leveled squarely on his chest. Though he knew that shotgun could easily reduce any part of his body to the consistency of ground brahmin, the air of the situation seems to leech any worry from his mind, for better or worse.

"Caps?..." He reaches a blood smeared hand down into his pockets, fumbling for a bit in the dirt stained canvas. After a moment of eye rolling and pocket probing, he produces two small aluminum disks, regarding them in his palm for a moment before flicking them in the men's direction.

Sahen tilts his head at them, a blankly unamused stare across his face. The sound of creaking rivets and stretching leather accompanies the low rolling wind as the massive man shifts beneath his apron, offering little in the way of motive through his expression.

______________________________________________________________________________

He turns slowly as a harsh whine of shifting metal echos out to his right, riling the suited men. He puts a hand up in caution and dismission when the scrawny grease hound barks, raising the other to signal in Therax's direction.

"The smell is strong, I see..." Sahen sighs harshly, picking up the severed arm at his feet, and waving it at Therax as he approaches. "Gadoi nehiv aktiya!? Meat is fresh, and you still impatient!"

He shouts a nigh indecipherable concoction of poor tribal and broken english, conjuring his best impersonation of an Elder Shaman three weeks short of Voodoo. Tossing the soggy limb in the deathclaw's path, his tone falls to a weary groan of impatience.

"The pet... Strong one, but could never fight his nose. Insatiable. Is why I happy to see fresh meat. So often we find only a vulture's leavings." Sahen tips the ax towards the two scraps of metal lying in the dust. "Take. Is useless to me, but I must tend the hungry, lest he lose himself again."


Intimidating 9: 1d10+3 13: Because of course it would

I'd also like an intimidation check rolled against Therax's ST. Not every day a Deathclaw strolls up to you.

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at Jun 12, 2013 around 02:51

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed

Jackie watched the situation unfold before trying to follow Mossman's lead; he seemed to know how to get things done. She crouches and starts after him, trying to get into position before the shooting starts up.

Sneak 55: 57

(Do I get a bonus for it being dark out? If I do, Jackie would try to crouch such that the truck's solid engine block was between her and the men.)

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke

This was quickly escalating into a situation Lloyd had no means to assist. The ghoul and the woman were still unseen, but Lloyd had never fared well at such things. The two big tribals were talking to the killers, and one of them seemed mad. Walking out there would only add more confusion. Not knowing what else to do, Lloyd pulled out a flare, getting it ready to light. Maybe it'd serve as a distraction if things went sideways.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Current Map
Each pane corresponds to a different character with the last just summarizing the entirety of the scene.


----

Therax
The Uiaoe robe was sturdy and well put together. What good would a flimsy sack do to conceal a deathclaw after all? The thick burlap robe gets caught on an exposed, jagged piece of metal from the frame of a rusted car as you travel up the highway towards the encounter, and creates a noticeable noise that whines along the desolate stretch of road.

If you go along with the pet explanation, you reveal yourself as a talking deathclaw and you can make an strength check of 1d10 - 1 to try and intimidate. OR you can make an Agility check of 1d10 - 2 OR to make a save to stay hidden or you can try a stealth/sneak check with a +20% to the outcome OR whatever you think of.

----

Sahen
The man looks back at you a bit unnerved when you 'pet'. "Wh-what kind of pet walks around in a robe tribal? Y-ya' bullshittin' with me, right ha-ha? Well Jokes on you and yer friend. C'mere you big sum'bitch!"

He has his gun aimed at you and then with an apparent nervousness, at the darkness that surrounds the long rusted vehicles on this barren stretch of road. "You boys keep an eye. Anything looks out of place that ain't this bastards 'pet', kill it."

Result will depend on actions and rolls from this turn.

----

Jackie Reed
Sneaking along the highway, you end up at an overturned Nuka-Cola truck. You can see Mossman just up ahead, but you also overhear the leader of the group give orders for his men to kill anything suspicious. Catching glimpses at the corpses, you have no doubts in your mind that your fate would be equally terrible, if not more so.

Applicable skill or attribute roll to any action you want to take. If you decide to go for another sneak, it'll be at a +15% to the outcome.

----

Lloyd Rourke
You do what you can to scrape by in the wastes, but this situation you find your new found friends in has the potential to spiral out of control at a moments notice, possibly ending badly for everyone, including you. Peeking in through your binoculars once more from a section of road obscured by a small graveyard of long destroyed vehicles, you notice the leader is sweating a great deal, and his arm trembles just faintly. His perception probably warped by unknown cocktail of chems, you could only hope he could keep his cool like he had only moments ago when addressing the Uiaoe man.

Applicable skill or attribute roll to any action you want to take. You're out of sight and free to try anything without immediate penalty.

Doctor Idle fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2013 around 06:16

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax follows through with Sahen's 'ruse' flinging his cloak free, and taking a rather intimidating pose. Before continuing forward.

He had wanted to hold off on revealing the truth to the others a bit longer but if Sahen thinks this will work.

Strength 11 to Intimidate 1d10-1 1

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed

A chill ran down Jackie's spine as she listened to the conversation. What kind of pet? And when she saw that looming creature come free of its robes, her heart skipped. That man sounded nervous, and she was certain he'd start shooting at Sahen when his brain caught up to his eyes. So she did what she knew how to do.

Jackie Reed rounded the truck with her gun level, opening fire on the men.

I believe that, since I acted first, I get to spend all 10 AP before Sequence is determined? I spend 2 AP a shot, taking 5 total. I use 10MM FMJ, so 1d8 damage.

Starting things off right: 83, 2, 39, 4, 20

Can I spend as many as it takes for tommy-gun man, then switch, or do I have to specify all five targets to start? If I have to specify, the first three on Tommy Gun Guy, the last two on Shotgun guy.

Edit: Read some of the rules, so rolling 1d100 for critical hits.

Attack 1 Damage (83 < 85): 5+6 = 11
Attack 2 Crit (02 < 85): 179 -- 175-179 Damage x 10, ignore armor protection,
make an EN check to avoid unconsciousness

Attack 2 Damage (02 < 85) 1 x 10 = 10+6 = 16 (or 70 if I add my pistol's damage before multiplying), Ignore AP, EN vs Unconsciousness
Attack 3 Damage (39 < 85): 4+6 = 10
Attack 4 Crit (04 < 85): 52 -- Damage x 1.5, make EN check to avoid Stun
Attack 4 Damage (04 < 85): 1 x 1.5 = 1.5+6 = 7.5 (or 10.5 if I add my pistol's damage before multiplying), EN vs Stun
Attack 5 Damage (20 < 85): 1+6 = 7

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2013 around 01:03

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

Mossman crouched behind the rear wheel of the truck and leveled his pistol at the man with the shotgun. Although he'd been around the Wasteland for a long time, he'd never actually taken a life directly. Despicable as these men were, he still couldn't muster the nerve to shoot them in the back. There was just something so... unwholesome about it.

He screwed up his courage, and was about to issue a challenge for the men to lay down their weapons, when Jackie's gun roared from behind the Nuka-Cola truck. His heart caught in his throat for a moment, but you don't survive in the Wasteland by hesitating. He steadied himself and squeezed the trigger in rapid succession.

Mossman Sequence: 16 Action Points: 9

2AP to crouch. +5% to Small Guns, -15%-20% to Melee Weapons, -30% to Unarmed.

4AP to fire 9mm Beretta at Shotgun guy in Burst:

Small Guns 47 (Base) + 5% (Crouch) - 5% (Weapon Condition) = 47: 1d100 = 89, a miss!
Small Guns 47 (Base) + 5% (Crouch) - 5% (Weapon Condition) = 47: 1d100 = 95, another miss!
Small Guns 47 (Base) + 5% (Crouch) - 5% (Weapon Condition) = 47: 1d100 = 88, a third miss!

Well, looks like my luck's run out!

3AP to Defend. Effective AC at 20 (8 Agility + 4 Armor + 5 Crouching + 3 Defending). Mossman is also taking cover behind the truck, which gives him an even bigger bonus against ranged attacks, say +40% for a total of 60?


Mossman fired several rounds at the mobsters without connecting. He ducked back behind the truck and steeled himself for another volley.

Edit: Quantum, I think you add +6 to all your damage rolls for your gun. Ammo gives you a damage die, weapons give you a flat bonus.

Went to Hell fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2013 around 19:21

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

Sahen's tune changes in a heartbeat as telltale cracks of pistol fire break the heavy air. Noticing the itchy finger of the grease hound heading for the trigger, he strides heavily over the short gap between himself and the leader, thankful his ego brought him so close. Towering over the skinny suited ponce, he swings the Ax head in a broad arc, absolutely decimating the air above the man's head.

Sequence 14

Move 2 hexes -2 AP

Melee swing -4 AP

Melee 62: 1d100 68

Getting Reeeeal tired of your poo poo Orokos

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2013 around 09:40

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed

...and Miss Jackie Reed kept firing into the men, emptying most of her magazine quick as a hare.


Again, I will attack the guy closest with the tommy gun until he goes down, then the guy with the shotgun until he goes down, then the third guy. If I have to specify, first two on Tommy Gun, last three on Shotgun. I use 10MM FMJ, so 1d8 damage.

Sequence: 14 / Action Points: 10

Attack One
Attack (2 AP/85%): 26
Damage (1d8): 8+6 = 14

Attack Two
Attack (2 AP/85%): 41
Damage (1d8): 2+6 = 8

Attack Three
Attack (2 AP/85%): 37
Damage (1d8): 7+6 = 13

Attack Four
Attack (2 AP/85%): 22
Damage (1d8): 2+6 = 8

Attack Five
Attack (2 AP/85%): 39
Damage (1d8): 2+6 = 8

(Really with this damage, Orokus?)

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Jun 14, 2013 around 00:44

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke

Lloyd has just started at a run towards the scene when he heard the volley of gunshots.

Moving up my full 7 AP in hexes, but it likely won't matter at this point, heh.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


GM Notes
Sorry I've been absent as of late. Still moving, but that should be wrapped up this coming weekend. I'll be hit and miss during the week and will be posting sparsely. This phase should be at it's end for the time being hopefully by next Wednesday.

Also I apologize for my OOC Thread mix up on shot AP Costs, been swamped and not thinking straight. Bleh. Anyhow, questions/comments/concerns just let me know.

----

Group
The situation had turned rotten quickly, and was already risky from the start. Not a moment to waste, Jackie leaped out from behind the overturned Nuka-Cola truck and began to gun down the suited men.

----

Jackie Reed
Moving so that you could get a clear view of the enemy, you raise the pistol and fire. A trained, steady aim ensured that your bullets would hit.

The first shot is narrowly avoided, causing the enemy to begin turning towards the truck you used for cover, but you fire in succession, the second and third round meet their mark and make nice flesh wounds on the man with the tommy gun.

The fourth and fifth also follow their course, piercing through the light fabric of suit.

The men still stand, but are visibly injured and taken by surprise.

----

Man in Black
"I've about had enough of this! Kill that bitch!" his pistol drawn, he returns fire in the direction of the truck.
Attack Jackie Reed : (66% - 10% AC - 5% Darkness): 1d100 22
Shot #1 Damage (1d6 + 6): 1d6+6 10

"You god damned Tribal, radroaches are going to pick your bones clean."
Attack Sahen (66% - 11% AC - 0% Vision): 1d100 94
Miss!

He takes a defensive stance.

----


Mossman
The looks on the face of these killers was priceless, especially so when you step out from behind their truck and let out a barrage of fire at them. The shots miss, but they look terrified.

----

Sahen
The man in black is caught off-guard giving you a good window of time to close in and attack the robber. However, he turns just in time to dodge the attack.

----

Jackie Reed
All of your shots connect and the men are riddled with holes before they have time to respond, only the man in black remained.



----

Lloyd Rourke
You close in on the quickly escalated gunfight and watch as the two men in blue suits hit the ground, filled with holes from the woman you had all found in the wasteland.

----

Therax
<-- You're up for any actions you want to take -->

----

Map

Doctor Idle fucked around with this message at Jun 18, 2013 around 05:12

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Sequence: 10 / Action Points: 10

Therax continues moving forward, free of his cloak for now, trying to get in range to maul the gunmen.

Looks like I would need 13 AP to get within melee range of these bozos, so uh spend my 10 AP moving closer. Unless I am missing a sprint action that would conserve AP.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Therax
Having freed yourself from the wreckage, you dart across the cracked highway only to watch two of the gunmen get gunned down in front of your eyes.

A quick gunfight ensues and many are left wounded. The next few seconds would probably decide the fate of the man in black, but if not, you would be able to have him in your clutches in no time.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

His vision narrowed to the black suited man. Specifically, his piddly little weapon. A weapon that had already harmed a... well a friend, he supposed. As the flash of a missed shot rang out beside him, he shuffled back a step on his weight, raising the ax for an overhead blow.

Sequence 14

Melee swing -5 AP

Targeted Melee Swing: Weapon(62%-30%=32%-AC=?): 1d100 13
Melee Damage: 2d10+4 18
Fire Ax knockdown base chance: 15


Sahen drank in the panicked animal eyes all but bursting from the man's head as his flunkies flopped in the throes of death on the ground, and his pistol slipped through his hands like wet paper, the blow taking a few fingers with it.

Letting his weapon fall to the ground, he steps forward into the reeling rat, taking him by the collar and hoisting him up to head level.


Move to square occupied by suited man -1 AP

Intimidation: 1d10 1

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at Jun 20, 2013 around 16:59

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

"Excellent work, people! Now let's find out what this sumbitch and his friends were up to out here."

Mossman turned back to Lloyd with a crooked smile on his face. With mocking theatricality, he said: "Thank you ever so much for your contribution to the battle, Mr. Rour- OhmyGodwhattheHellisthat?!"

Mossman's eyes went wide when he saw the Deathclaw come stomping up the path. He raised his pistol to fire at the behemoth, but his trembling hand refused to pull the trigger.

I know that SevenSocks called dibs on the shotgun, but I wonder if Sahen wouldn't be better served with the Tommy Gun/Assault Rifle. Mossman doesn't have the Strength to handle any rifles, and Jackie might want to take the Pistol (provided that it's an upgrade from the 10mm) since she's a one-hander. Therax doesn't use guns and Rourke isn't a very good shot (er, sorry Jolinaxas).

Alternately, Rourke can take the assault rifle, and Mossman picks up the spare pistol. Whatever the case, everybody should end up packing heat at the end of the scene.

I vote thusly:
Shotgun > Mossman
Assault Rifle > Sahen
New Pistol > Rourke or Jackie

There's also the stuff in the back of the pick-up. We can either leave it there, or sell it at the next station and split the proceeds.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Sahen
You bring the axe crashing down on the weapon clenched in the man's hand. The thumb and index finger go flying down to the dirt tumbling across its cracked surface. The suited man screams out in agony as he clasps his hand, his blood flowing freely from the injury.

"Eeeeurrrghh, Fuckin' Sava-hwuhhh wh- WHOA, stop, please, don't kill me. I'll do anything you want, please!"

The man begins to panic as he realizes the severity of the situation he had found himself in. He looks over the highway and sees the bodies of his partners bleeding out on the asphalt and any shred of animosity he had vanished when he felt his life to truly be in danger.

----

Combat Resolved
Everyone gains 100XP from the fight.

Loot
  • Winchester Sawed-Off Shotgun - Minor cracks in the stock and frame, the barrels look to have corroded in places. - 5 lbs.
  • Thompson M1928 SMG "Tommy Gun" - The ammunition drum looks to a bit damaged and could potentially jam or misfire. - 12 lbs.
  • Desert Eagle 44 - Covered in blood and dirt and looks to have taken damage from Sahen's attack. - 5 lbs.
  • 2x Flare - A basic phosphorous flare. - 1 lb. each.
  • Rope - About 10m(Approx. 33ft.) of rope. - 10 lbs.
  • Dull Knife - Basic knife, dull from use, used for cutting things, critters, or people. - 1 lb.
  • Fuel Cell Storage - 13/40 Small Energy Cells.

----

The headlights from the truck are still on, casting light on the ravaged corpses. The man in black squirms as Sahen has him lifted off of the ground. A deathclaw approaches from the wreckage just in the road, and you were all sure you heard it... him? He spoke.

----

I'm off tomorrow and Monday to finish moving and finish up as much of my semester as I can, but I'll also be able to post a bit more or in between moving breaks. I'll get a map up late tonight/early a.m., I've got a house to paint.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax comes to a stop when it seems the battle is over, before he could reach the enemy. He looks around, and when he determines the surrendered won't just attack again as soon as he turns away, he heads back toward his burlap robe. He then shrugs it back on in a hurry, almost as if embarrassed.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

Sahen carries the man over to the truck, dropping his weight on the hood. He wraps one giant, bony hand over the man's throat, pinning him to the paint flecked sheet of rust protecting a heated engine.

"Apologies for the mess. Thought you and yours " he crooks his head at the blood soaked corpses "were someone else... My mistake... It would be your mistake, now, not to give me a reason you should live. I may not eat flesh, though I hear it is... palatable, and he..."

Sahen cuts his rambling short, looking up to notice several guns leveled at the wandering lizard. He spares a hand in gesticulation, trying to spare a moment for him. His palm warns worriedly first at the shaky ghoul, then to the woman who'd done to the suited men with a mere pistol what took them a thunderstorm to do to the bound corpses.

"Easy, easy!... Ease... Do not shoot friends here." A few waving gestures later, looking back and forth between the three hu... er, well, mostly humans, and the Danawa rerobing by the twisted wreck, he returns his attention to the suited man.

Sahen drops the greasy man from his grip, allowing him to sink down the grill, dropping to his rear end on the cracked pavement. He cocks his fist at the wrist, and...

Fist: Unarmed: 1d100 85

...Digs it into the aluminum grill beside his head, cracking a few knuckles for added effect on the bent metal.

"Your suit... and everything in. Now." He lets the weight of his harsh eyes hover over him as he left the man with his options.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Map


----

"Ye-yeah man, sure, whatever you want!" the man wriggles and begins to disrobe. "Am I free to go?" says the Man now in nothing but undergarments.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

Sahen covers his eyes passingly, pointing off in some westward direction.

"Go, before they decide otherwise. If we see you again, you won't even merit braking."

He picks up the slightly tattered, but otherwise fairly kept suit, inspecting it's finer qualities and sifting through the pockets.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sahen moves to catch the man by the arm, happy to have at least some distraction for the others from the sudden drop of a deathclaw in their midst.

"Wait... The lady has a question."

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at Jun 22, 2013 around 01:00

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed
HP: 20/30 Load: 7/150

The bullet hurt---a lot. It was clean through Jackie's shoulder, though, and she was still on her feet for the moment.

She almost spent her last two rounds on the deathclaw before Sahen interceded, and stood mostly shocked as he proceeded to relieve the man of his posessions. When he cuts the man lose, however, Jackie moves after him, one eye never leaving the deathclaw. She takes a bead on the stripped man.

"Wait! Why!? Why did you kill these people!?"

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Jun 21, 2013 around 17:24

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

Mossman came out from behind the truck and holstered his pistol. He gathered up the weapons from the ground and placed them on the truck bed for later assessment. He picked up the knife from off the bed. He searched the bodies of the two gunmen for any extra ammo or other useful items they might be carrying.

He then moved over to the poor unfortunates that the mobsters had killed. He examined their bodies, and used the dull knife to cut one of the smaller "UNITY" emblems off their clothes. Mossman's memory wasn't what it used to be. Had he heard of Unity before?

Rolling Intelligence to see what, if anything, Mossman knows of Unity

Intelligence 9 (Base): 1d14 = 13, a failure

Did we resolve how Attribute rolls were being done? I'll roll d14 AND d10, just in case, and Dr. Idle can tell me which one applies.

Intelligence 9 (Base): 1d10 = 7, a success

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Sahen
The suit is covered in layers of dirt and grime, luckily it's a dark color. Additionally, there are frays along the bottom edge of the coat and the breast pocket is ripped open. Yet still, the suit could remain a respected piece in any wardrobe.

pre:
Grimy Pre-War Business Suit

Mysterious stains and damage aside, 
this suit looks pretty good. Might
 even look better with you in it!

AC:  2 | N: 0/5 | L: 0/0
F: 0/0 | P: 0/0 | E: 0/0
Weight: 2 lbs.
+5 Speech, Barter, +1 Charisma
----

Jackie Reed
The man wasted in no time in fleeing from the scene, but stops in his tracks when you and Sahen call back out to him. He turns around slowly, out of fear that you might put holes in him like you did his "friends".

"Business. That's what me and Marty and Sal were doing way out here in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of tied up, half-beaten to death nobodies. These Unity bastards here pissed off the wrong people and some folk jus' like things a certain way. Look, I didn't write the drat rules. I'm just in it for the caps. So no hard feelings missy'?"

Given that he was nude in the wastes and only just narrowly avoided death, you can't help but be a bit surprised at his attitude.

----

Mossman
Searching over the would-be hitmen, you find 6 rounds of 12 Gauge Buckshot ammunition, a lighter, a dose of jet, some tobacco & rolling papers, and 28 rounds of .45 ammunition.

You had heard of Unity before, they are a group of activists who are based in Chattanooga, that have coordinated with the Red Star and the mutant community out in Skullbone. They had set up a handful of supply stations around Tennessee to lend aid to those who need it and work to spread equality for all the citizens of the wastes. It was no surprise to you that there were dissenters, but this seemed a bit excessive. You did hear about a violent protest in Bedford when Unity representatives tried to arrange a meeting with the mayor.

----

GM Notes

SevenSocks posted:

Should we rectify to the rule book, or stick with the character sheet? Because the sheet is essentially saying you don't need any brains to be a doctor, just eyes and toughness.

Hahah, I wish that was all it took. Yes, we will go with the core rulebook ruling. I believe the character sheet is from the previous edition of the game and these core rules were better defined/presented so I went with these.

--


Went to Hell posted:


Did we resolve how Attribute rolls were being done? I'll roll d14 AND d10, just in case, and Dr. Idle can tell me which one applies.


Yep, you are right and I feel ashamed for not being a better GM, but I'm glad you all have managed the rules where I have not. That aside, we are using the d10 roll on all attribute checks. Advantage/Disadvantage will work for racial max & difficulty checks.

--

Questions/Comments/Concerns welcome!

Doctor Idle fucked around with this message at Jun 25, 2013 around 13:17

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

With the words exchanged, and empty answers granted, Sahen pushes the man off on his dusty trail. He lifts the suit to his eyes again, turning it over a few times before scanning the crowd.

The ga no tsi asgaya was shifting the spoils of combat in the back of their new-found transport, the gunslinger picking at her shoulder idly, adrenaline still holding the brunt of pain at bay. The wound would certainly need tending, but it was not gushing blood, so no artery had been hit. And the binoculars man, Lloyd, if he'd heard correctly, was making the final leg of the trip up, consciously spanning a wide berth around Therax.

Sahen stepped over the paling, stiffening bodies, moving to meet Lloyd half way, hoping to put a distraction into his hands. Reaching him at the roadside, he draped the suit over Lloyd's shoulders, passing his remark.

"You are the... Smooth one with words, no?" He refers to the man's campfire anecdotes from not long before. "Could not hurt to dress the part, think the man's comb is still in there. Would wipe it first; greasy."

Turning as he passed to see him on his way, he made a beeline for the burnt out wreck of a cola truck, sticking his head in the back and grabbing at anything useful within reach, should there be some. Sahen tapped Therax on the shoulder, or at least the highest part in his reach, and moved around the truck.

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at Jun 25, 2013 around 23:10

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke

Lloyd couldn't help but look surprised as the big tribal passed him the man's clothes.

"I... thanks, I guess. I think I'll take a rain check on using that comb until I can really clean it. Don't have hair all that long, anyway. Gets caught on things, if ya keep it that way."

And now there was... well, it looked like the subject of the crazy tales the old prospectors told about "Death Claws" when they'd had a few...

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed
HP: 20/30 Load: 7/150

Jackie waited several more moments, trying to decide if she should shoot the man or not. Probably not worth the bullets, she concluded. With no clothing or aid, it was unlikely the waste would let him live long anyway. So she relaxed, bringing her gun down. And then, all at once, the adrenaline and endorphins stopped getting the job done.

She let out a yelp of pain, dropping her gun in the dirt as she fell against the truck, clutching at the sucking bullet hole in her arm. "AH, gently caress! S-S-Sahen... help?"

Jackie sunk to her knees, leaning against the truck's wheel as she clutched harder at the bullet wound, hoping the pressure would help with the immense pain shooting up her bicep and through her shoulder.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Jun 26, 2013 around 18:46

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

Sahen stopped in his tracks at the sudden cry of pain, turning between Reed and Therax. He raised his hand to speak, stopping short at the call of his name before turning to walk back, passing words with his hand.

"Short story: Sorry, though of different outcome, don't think they will shoot you, should be okay for now."

With that he jogged off toward the truck again, rounding the bodies to crouch just outside the glow of the headlights. He made his best attempt to assess the damage under the heavy darkness.

"It's... uhh..."

He noted the rate of bleeding, still undesirable, but not horrific. Doing his best to not irritate the injury, or cause further pain, he moved Jackie's shoulder away from the truck, noting the exit wound and location.

"Fortunate, may not feel so. The man missed your brachial artery, though may be grazed, your shoulder blade, clavicle. Nothing but muscle tissue."

He sighed, pulling out his bag and sifting through it.

"Little I can do here, no anes... anesthea... You would be awake. No Medex, no stim. If it hurts now, think of sewing."

Pulling a cloth and the rest of the half empty water from his bag, along with a roll of gauze, he begins preparing the wound for wrapping.

"Dress and compress, most that can be done without better equipment. Alcohol, for the wound and yourself."


Orokos is giving me some pretty bad vibes on my test rolls. Are you sure you want me to try healing you? Because if I critically fail, it's counted as a critical attack against you. That's 1d10 damage on a First Aid roll and 2d10 on Doctor.

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

Mossman dropped the Jet bottle on the ground, and broke it under his heel with disgust. He climbed onto the bed of the truck. The truck would serve them well. They could be in Johnnyville by dawn, if the roads were clear.

He looked at the Unity symbol in his hand. He felt he had to tell someone of these peoples' fate. Maybe there would be sympathizers in Johnnyville.

He addressed the company gathered in the gloomy light of the truck's headlights. "This truck'll still run," he said. "We could be in Johnnyville in a day if the road holds out. Now, who here can drive a stick?"

Car Inventory:
1 Sawed-off shotgun
1 Tommy Gun
1 Desert Eagle
6 Shotgun shells
28 Tommy Gun rounds
Lighter
Tobacco + rolling papers
Rope
Knife
2 flares

Fuel: 13/40

Dr. Idle: What is the condition of the weapons we've picked up, and is there any ammunition in them? Also, what kind of vehicle is this, and what is its condition?

Went to Hell fucked around with this message at Jun 27, 2013 around 19:21

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Mossman
Crushing the inhaler is effortless and you know that you've contributed, at least in some small way, to the citizens of the wastes by destroying it.

+5 Karma! - Drug addiction is commonplace in the wastes, and while escapism from this hellish reality is all too well understood, you also know that Jet is a poison that is ravaging lives everywhere.

Sawed-Off Shotgun - 4/10 Condition boxes filled, the gun is loaded with 2/2 rounds. -5% on chance-to-hit.
Tommy Gun - 6/10 Condition boxes filled, 16/50 rounds. -20% on chance-to-hit.
Desert Eagle - 7/10 Condition boxes filled, 6/8 rounds. -30% on chance-to-hit.
Knife - 3/10 Condition boxes filled, no ammunition required. -0% on chance-to-hit.

1/2 Ton Truck with Extended Fuel Cell Storage
Standard 1/2 Ton Truck located on p.51 of the Equipment book.

Top Speed - TS - 160 KPH (Approx. 100 mph)
Acceleration Rate - AR - 50 Kilometers per Round(KPR)
Braking Rate - BR - 40 KPR
Turning Radius - TR - 6 meters
Driving Range - DR - 530 Kilometers on full charge
Number of Passengers - NP - 2 in cab, 5 in bed (3 can squeeze up front)
Carry Weight - CW - 3000 lbs. (Helluva' 1/2 Ton pick up).

Hit Points
Structural: 190
Engine: 60
Controls: 40
Drive System: 40
Tires/Treads: 15

Damage Resistance
Normal: 10
Laser: 5
Fire: 0
Plasma: 5
Energy: 10

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed
HP: 20/30 Load: 7/150

Jackie sighed as the man cleans her wound, but when he moved in to do proper first aid, she waved him away. "'S fine. Jus' some bourbon, if any y'all got some. An' help me into tha truck..."

She struggled to her feet, using the truck to support herself and trying to get into the truck's bed. A smile took her face as she tried to hide the pain. Jackie looked over the ghoul's little pile of supplies. "Mmmm... that desert eagle seems mighty fine. Needs some work, 'ough. Maybe ya could fix it up for me, get it nice an' shiny?"

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Jun 30, 2013 around 05:51

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke

With some time to kill, Lloyd decided to try on the suit.

"Whatch'all think? At any rate, I look better in this than he did, I think. Need to see someone about this pocket, though."

Having left all the other scavenged items to those who'd done something besides panic during the brief fire fight, Lloyd grabbed some water and jerky out of his bag and had something approximating a meal.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax nods his appreciation of Lloyd's new duds, but doesn't vocalize. Trying to avoid drawing too much attention after having revealed what the robe had once concealed. Now safely under the robe's cover once more he didn't want to remind them about his differences.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Group
The truck was in moderate disrepair and sections of the vehicle had rusted thin or were crumbling at the fringes of the centuries old steel. It suited the suited men and their victims well enough though.

You could travel approximately 172.25 km(107.03 miles) with the vehicles current charge.

Mossman takes inventory of the possessions from the vehicle and recently deceased before asking a good question.

"Now, who here can drive a stick?"

someone would have to pilot this thing, but who was best suited for it?

Now that the gunfire had died down and the night was silent cept' for the sounds of irradiated insects, you could hear the radio turned down low in the vehicle.

"GoOod Morning, Tennessee!! Your favorite host, Elam Mack stirring you before them hens do. We're going to get things started with a Patsy Cline classic, 'Walkin' After Midnight'."

----

Revised Tennessee Map


Open it in a new tab or dl to view full resolution.

----

Travel
Whoever drives the truck can travel up to their pilot skill multiplied by 2 in miles per day.

If, you travel by foot, lowest endurance in the party is added to 1/4 of the parties highest outdoorsman skill. (This is how many miles you travel in a day)

Random encounter check every 20 miles.

The best way to utilize this map is to select a location number and that's where you'll head until you can't or change direction.

Let me know if you have any questions.

----

OOC Thread

Doctor Idle fucked around with this message at Jul 2, 2013 around 20:46

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

The silence got awkward. Mossman sighed, defeated. "All right," he said. "Don't all crowd in at once."

He hopped down off the bed of the truck and got into the driver's seat. "Lemme see here... I seem to recall doin' this before, a long time ago."

Almost automatically, he adjusted his seat, re-aligned the mirrors and fiddled with the knobs and dials, most of which did not respond. This definitely felt familiar. He turned the key in the ignition and tentatively revved the engine. When everyone was safely aboard, he dropped the handbrake and turned the truck North towards Johnnyville.

Mossman has a Pilot skill of 22%, which means he can get us 44 miles closer to Johnnyville in one day of driving. Who's riding shotgun to keep him company?

Oh, and I'm voting 57 on the map, obviously.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax actually has Piloting 30%, which seems weird. But massive Agility. Feels weird to have the Deathclaw piloting so I will leave that up to Mossman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed
HP: 20/30 Load: 7/150

"poo poo, Mossman! I got a bullet hole in my arm and--gently caress--I could drive better'n this!"

The ride had been bumpy, and laying in the truck's bed hadn't made it any easier. But they were headin' to Johnnyville, which meant home, and she hadn't seen her family in almost six years now--her sister would be a grown woman by now. And they'd be there by tomorrow night! And after---gently caress, another bump?! Was he trying for the potholes?

"Soon as I get this poo poo stitched up, I'm takin' over. We got any tobacco left?"

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Jul 4, 2013 around 18:01

  • Locked thread
«60 »