Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«60 »
  • Locked thread
Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

"Evenin' Mr. Lackis. I hope the day has been good to you. I might stop by your store tomorrow, and look through your selection on tools." Mossman stepped onto the porch and leaned against the post. He spent a few minutes making polite conversation with the general store owner, cracking jokes, and telling tall tales. He then went to the truck and drove it to the parking lot that Junior had pointed him to. Then, under the cover of darkness, he helped Therax make his way to the hotel room without arousing too much suspicion.

--------------------

Mossman ate and drank heartily at the dinner table. He seated himself at a slight distance from everyone else, since his appearance could turn people off their food. He recounted the day's events to his companions, and reported on the current condition of the group's weapons:

Sawed-off shotgun 80% (no penalty)
Tommy Gun 40% (-20 penalty)
Desert Eagle 60% (-10 penalty)

Sahen can take the Shotgun and Jackie can take the Desert Eagle. Since Therax can't use guns, and neither Mossman nor Lloyd are strong enough to use the Tommy Gun effectively, I vote that we sell it and buy something better, like a Colt 1911 (since we have plenty of .45 ammo). Sound good?

Also, Lloyd should handle the transaction since he has by far the best Barter skill.

Mossman goes to help with the harvest in the morning. He then arranges to meet with Lloyd at the Gun Store to trade in the Tommy Gun for a better weapon.

Finally, Mossman takes an hour before bed to tune up his Beretta and to give the Tommy Gun one last overhaul, to raise its sale value.

Spending 1 hour to repair the Beretta and Tommy Gun.

Rolling Repair to fix the guns: Repair 40% (Base) + 10% (Equipment) = 50%, 2 x 1d100 = 85 and 71, both failures. Great.

Rolling Small Guns to recover the guns: Repair 40% (Base) + 10% (Equipment) = 50%, 2 x 1d100 = 28 and 8, both successes! Beretta is now 70% (no penalty), and Tommy Gun is 50% (-10 penalty).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Haha, good save on that small guns check! I like that plan outline, I'll await the others responses.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke

Thankfully, the ghoul had waited until after dinner to discuss finances. And they said there was no room for proper decorum in the wastes. Lloyd took one of the hand-rolled cigarettes out of a pouch he'd been using for rations.

"I can handle that, sure. I mean, how bad is it banged up, really? I'll betcha its lucky new owner won't ever know the difference. That said, there might not be a whole lot of demand for automatic hardware around these parts. Seems pretty peaceful."

He took up the tommy gun and examined it, for looks rather than actual mechanical stability.

"I'll try out that one stall I saw when I was in the market today."


Rolled his barter check. Not so hot, but thanks to the suit and the smokes, he still passes?

Edit: TN should be 95. I forgot the suit alone tops me out at 10 CHA


Barter -TN 99 ( Due to stylin' hand-rolled smokes): 1d100 92

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at Jul 20, 2013 around 18:50

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen
3:15 PM

Pocketing the shiny metal disc, Sahen looks over the scrap wood door judgmentally, tossing some ideas in his head. He spits out some of the bitter leaves in his mouth and jiggles the handle; locked.

Noting that, as far as he knew, there was no one around to see, he gave the door a mighty push. Though it did nothing, it did bring to mind the words of one youthful radio host out of Chattanooga.

Red Star posted:

-with best wishes to our boys outside Bedford, keep that freedom train rolling. Alright, this next song goes out to them, and to all the wasteland who haven't got a little red in their life.
This is Shining Star, reminding you all that we're just gonna keep knockin and knockin 'till you let us into your hearts.


"Ale ayásdi."

Preparing for a little breaking & entering, Sahen...

Knock on Wood: 52: 3#1d100 81 61 56

... Just sort of shadow boxes in the crevice for a second.

----

3:20

Remembering that he had something to do, Sahen throws few Cross Punches into the warped wood, cursing himself for leaving his Ax behind.

Punching 2: Hurt Hands Boogaloo: 3#1d100 11 43 82
d4 +3 +MD: 2#1d4+4+3 10 10

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at Jul 20, 2013 around 19:27

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed
HP: 30/30 Load: 7/150
Minnie The Moocher

6:30 PM

Jackie arrived to dinner with her sister in tow, appearing as Lloyd and Mossman were discussing the business with the guns. "Howdy, y'all. Hope I'm not interruptin' nothin'. This is my sister, Chris."

The smell of fresh tobacco filled Jackie's nose and she leaned in toward Lloyd, smiling. She planted a large kiss on his cheek, taking his cigarette out of his mouth and pulling a deep drag off of it as she did. "Thank ya, Lloyd. Ya know I like 'em fresh-rolled."

She sat down at the table, beckoning her sister to join them as she tapped some ash off the cigarette and took another drag. "Chris, these are some of my associates: the ghoul is called Mossman and this is the ever-dashing Lloyd... Rook?"

Chris pulled out a chair, joining them at the small table. "Anyone have some cards? I promised Chris here a few drinks and a few hands of poker, but all I got on me is bullets, 'ough, and I ain't sure Mr. Dawkins'll take 'em for currency."

After a third, comfortable drag, she stretched in the chair and offered Lloyd his cigarette back. "So what'd y'all do today? You likin' Johnnyville?"

If the drinking or cards die down early with the party, Jackie might ask to meet some of Chris's friends and see what they're up to. If she doesn't end up horribly hung over, she'd help with the crop in the morning. If she does, hangovers and farm work don't seem like they'll mix well. If they drink with the party, they'll probably both pass out at the hotel, and if they go see Chris's friends I imagine they'd head to Jackie's house to sleep it off.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Jul 21, 2013 around 08:07

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke

Lloyd let the drag he'd just taken come out in a slow sigh as the cigarette was snatched from him.

"Something like that. My folks insist it's 'Rourke,' but what do they know, right?"

He smiled and leaned back as she pulled the chair over.

"Nice to meet ya, Chris. Jackie, I'm afraid that if it's poker you're after, I'm gonna have to put a double damper on your plans - I only got a few caps, and I've no cards to lose 'em over."

He takes back the (now shorter) cigarette.

"Spent most of my cash on the smokes. The town's nice, I guess. Gonna try to sell this tommy here tomorrow."

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

"Well, first round's on me then!" Mossman upturned the leather purse that Harold had given him onto the table.

-20 Caps for 4 beers

Unless anything else interesting happens this evening, I am ready to skip to next morning.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Lloyd Rourke
Sometime during the following day, you take the repaired Tommygun to a weapon merchant you saw at the market to get it appraised. A decent impression made, certainly not your best, but nonetheless good, ensured that you would be able to get at least $480 caps for the weapon.

Do you accept that trade?

----

Sahen
Secret Check Against Luck: 1d10 5

You first contemplate breaking into the locked door partially hidden on the side of this bluff, and then with great strength proceed to follow through on said action.

"H-huh, Wha-at the gently caress? WHO THE gently caress ARE YOU?!" says a stocky young man, probably no more than 25. "YOU HAVE FIVE SECONDS TO GET THE gently caress OUT OF HERE."

You see caps strewn about the floor at the base of an iron table where a little lamp glows a subtle green light that diffuses into the darkness making the caps look like bits of treasure. You see a big manual operated press attached to the table and scrap metal piled up on a sort pulley based conveyer belt. Bits of tarnish and stain were also visible at the table, but most of your focus had been diverted to able bodied young man who now brandished a large steel pipe against you.

You were absolutely certain that you've stumbled upon a counterfeiting operation.

"
2...
3...
4...
"
----

Group
You all drink and eat happily, food courtesy of Harold of course. Tonight's meal was a feast of Ground Radroach tacos with homemade tortillas.

Most of you get settled in, but the night was young for a few of you.

----

Jackie Reed
Secret Endurance Check!: 1d10 7

You drink well into the night with Chrissy, meeting some of her friends from UNITY in the process, which in turn led to more drinking back at the UNITY tent. Now you never had a problem holding your liquor down, but after a certain point, the night is just a full on haze of people and places. It was a a refreshing return to innocence despite being short lived.

You wake up the next morning with a pounding headache and a bottle of purified water beside your old mattress.

"Morning, we got some molerat stew and jalapenos in the kitchen, it'll kick that hangover right on out of here.

You woke up too late to go help with the harvest.

----

Mossman
It had been quite the busy day. You're certain that you've done more for this town in one day than the residents had done in a year, but it was much needed and you didn't mind the work. You even got some decent pay out of it. You decide to turn in for the night.

You had a busy morning after all.

----

Letting Sahen's scene resolve then, we'll proceed to the morning.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Letting the Dice Decide: EN 5 Check: 1d10 7

Sahen

3:20

Not feeling quite up to the task of espousing pugilism to a wasteland youth, Sahen turns tail and runs as fast as his brickhouse legs will carry him. Possibly finding a nice rock to nap on just outside town.

Guess that's all folks

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Sahen
You decide to nap back in the wilderness for sometime and you are undisturbed. Not long after, you set back into town where you meet with the members of your traveling band. At the hotel bar you see Mossman take out some caps and pay for a round of drinks.

Make an intelligence check to see if you notice anything peculiar about the caps.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

Brainy: 8: 1d10 3

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke

"I'd have appreciated a little bump up to 500, but I understand, we all gotta make a living."

Negotiations had gone less than smoothly - Lloyd was off his game. Maybe it was something in the radroach tacos the night before. Like the radroach.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Sahen
You quickly eye the caps as Mossman provides them to the bartender and there is no mistaking it. Some of the counterfeit caps have been intermixed in the currency of the town.

The amount of counterfitted caps your companion had were negligible, but you all had only been here for a day and he already managed to get his hands on some.

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

"Sahen, you want a drink?"

Mossman put down another five caps and slid a bottle of beer to the burly tribal.

-5 Caps

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

Sahen appears to be in a semi confused state, his eyes unfocused as the bottle nearly flips over his meaty brick hand.

"Oh... it'saya..."

Slowly warming back to reality, he murmurs some of his crazy tribal speak under his breath before turning to Mossman.

"Doc Perkins... Water distiller... Oh, yes. Susan, the doctor, has water distiller but is broken. Good with scalpel, not so good with tools." He demonstrated by pawing over the tiny bottle in his hands, pounding it's cap on the lip of the bar a few times, bending it enough to pick it off with his teeth.

"Was thinking, leather man good with tools, you could look at it maybe... Thank you."

Sahen takes a short gulp from the bottle and snags a stool.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


If there's nothing else to be said or done, i'll advance to tomorrow! Everyone ready?

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Ignore this silly double post.

Doctor Idle fucked around with this message at Jul 25, 2013 around 17:27

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

9:00 PM

Sahen cannot get comfortable in his appointed bed, so he stumbles outside half asleep and climbs into the cab of their truck, passing out against the passenger side door.

Ready to advance

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Group
Settling in for the night, you find that the accommodations Harold had made for you all were more than suitable. Jackie had gone off drinking with her sister and her friends, you didn't see her again that night, but you had no doubt that she could take care of herself and more than that, she was home. Sometime during the night, Sahen leaves the room and ends up sleeping against the truck outside.

Everyone is healed their EN amount.(Not that it matters too much right now)

----

Mossman & Rourke
TIME: 6:00 AM

You met up with Harold and one of his older sons at 5:00 in the main lobby of the hotel where Harold has supplied breakfast for you. Lloyd tags along for the ride(I can retcon this if you would prefer to do your own thing in the town Jolinaxas). Food eaten, you all pack up and head out to the farmstead in the back of an old delivery truck.

The ride is quicker than you imagined and the farmstead was only a small ways out of town. It had a decent size to it and had a variety of crops growing with some livestock at the back. A sturdy looking young woman with several ears of maize approaches you, swinging the heavy looking basket to the ground.

"This the help Harold?" she shouts through semi-pursed lips that held a long, tasseled piece of prairie grass. "We're going to be here all day by the looks of it. A city slickin' grifter and a leather-skinned ghoul, all the help you could round up?"

Harold, flushed red in the face, clears his throat and retorts, "Now.. now just a doggone minute, Caroline. Ain't no need to be so ornery! These folk here are good people and going to make sure we finish all this here work. Now, that'll be the end of it! Now you take your brother Abel and get back to work."

The woman, Caroline, eyes all of you and her brother Abel, who then leaves the truck and meets up with his sister.

---

Harold unfastens himself and sees you all out the truck. "Now if you'll just follow me I'll get you geared up and we can get started." Heading to a small shed he fits you both with some brahmin hide gloves and various farming equipment. Afterwards, he takes you to each to adjacent fields that you're to be responsible for. Rourke is set to harvest wheat and barley, while Mossman bundles up hay.

---

The work is grueling, but just as the sun is really starting to beam down on you all, you're beginning to wrap up. At least you were, until a wild pack of dogs broke into the Brahmin pens causing them to break free, in the process setting free Harold's cockatrices as well.

Do you get involved in fighting the dogs, herding the animals, or do you do something entirely different?

TIME: 9:45 AM

-----

Sahen
TIME: 8:00 AM

Stirring from a peaceful slumber against the door of the truck, you clean up enough to go and aid Doctor Susan Perkins. "What impeccable timing ya' have, Sahen. I'm just getting ready for prep now. Here get into these scrubs and put on these gloves, meet me up stairs when you're finished."

You get dressed and are prepared to aid Doctor Perkins in her surgery.
+15% to Doctor, First Aid

Heading up stairs, you meet the peculiar Mr. Beatrix. A squat looking, well-dressed man with a scowl on his face.

"I sure hope you know what you're doing bringing this Tribal in on this Susan. I sought you out because of your expertise, and I..."

"Take it easy Mr. Beatrix, Sahen here is a friend of mine and a fine medical practitioner at that. I'll be doing the bulk of this surgery, but Sahen is going to ensure that I'm able to help you out by helping me. Ok?"

"Harumph, well, we shall see then won't we."

---

The man continues to grumble but Doc' Perkins gives him two shots of med-x and a dose of anesthesia that quickly sends him to sleep. Fastening the restraints on the table that Beatrix lay on, the medical gown is lifted and you mark where the incision will be.

Doctor Check. If failed, INT (+2 Penalty to score)

Afterwards, Doc' Perkins pulls up his vitals on the AutoDoc and finds that his pulse and breathing are some what sporadic, it's minor at best, but she decides to err on the side of caution and instructs you to set him up with a fluid drip and increase the levels of oxygen he was receiving.

Doctor Check. If failed, INT (+1 Penalty to score)

All the rest of the preparations are quickly completed and it's time for surgery. Susan takes out the bonesaw and instructs you to ready the tourniquet.

Susan begins to saw through the limb with steady, even strokes and the leg detaches. Roll Doctor check. If failed, INT(+3 Penalty to Score)

Next she retrieves the cybernetic limb and injects a stimpack into the thigh just above your tourniquet. The nerves and veins begin to stretch out with new life like a plant but you can see that the tissue is already at its limits and would be incapable of regenerating completely. Instead, Susan takes the new growth and inserts into special receptacles on the cybernetic limbs that then begins to attach itself to the leg.

It's at this point that the surgery is nearing its completion, and Doc' Susan takes over to handle the scientific and technical aspects of the limb. Your final inspection would come shortly.

Inspection will happen after the surgery rolls are done.

TIME: 10:30 AM

----

Jackie Reed
TIME: 10:00 AM

The blur of your father stands in your doorway, offering you some molerat stew. Your head is pounding and memories of near toxic-levels of alcohol come spilling back in with each throb of your temples.

You get dressed and have breakfast with your family for the second day in a row, despite your intentions to not have seen them again. It doesn't do well to lessen the pain of knowing you'd be leaving them again soon, but you're trying to make the best of it.

Chrissy raises her head from her bowl and drinks down some water before breaking the near silence of you all eating. "If you're still going to be around for a while, you could come with me to the tent, see what my day is like? Montez is going to be there before heading out to Caravan later, do you remember meeting him? Dorky looking guy, loves Grognak the Barbarian comics, wouldn't shut up about em'? We were going to try and build some shacks for the homeless to share."

"Ah, that would be nice. You girls really should spend more time together, this world is determined to pull apart afterall!" your mother says looking much better than she did when you first came into town.

Do you head down to Unity with Chrissy? What else would you like to get into?

----

Therax
TIME: 4:00 AM

Requiring less sleep and sleeping at irregular intervals makes you stir earlier than the rest of your allies who still quietly slept in the room. You find that Sahen is gone, but a quick scan of the area reveals him to be with the vehicle you all rode in. Pacing about outside you decide that it would be time for a meal and what better way to find food than to hunt.

Outdoorsman Check. If failed, roll an EN check +2 difficulty

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax is not sure what Sahen is doing, but of all his traveling companions Sahen is clearly the most trustworthy, or at least the least likely to freak out about Therax.

Feeling the stirring of hunger Therax heads out on his own, stalking the land outside of town, the radiated wilderness, in search of food. His reflexes are good, honed by his growing hunger, and it seems to be rather simple for him to hunt down plenty to eat.

Outdoorsman 42 1d100 5 muhahahaha looks like Therax eats well this night/morning.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Therax
You stalk through the darkness of early morning, hunting for prey. You can smell them... a pack of Molerats were near, a good meal. At least four...you would have your pick.

Your search is short, and you find a pack of 6 molerats drinking from a small puddle of water just beyond the tall prairie like brush you were in.

You pounce on the creature with terrifying speed and accuracy and begin to feast, tearing it to shreds. The others sought to get away, but your appetite had not been adequately sated. You dart across the terrain, as fast as your legs will carry you, then you dive on the lower end of another of the creatures, puncturing its body with your blade like claws.

You return to the puddle where you found your meal and drink some of the water before rinsing some of the blood and viscera away from your body. It's the least you could do to maintain your disguise you figure.

Once again, you return to the site of your second meal because of something you heard. The area ahead is an area lush with vegetation and you could also smell plenty of wildlife, but what's more is the high pitched signal followed by three distinct ringing sounds that you keep hearing. The wanderers would do what wanderers do, but what would you do?

25 Exp. successful hunt!

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

Weary from the morning's exertion, Mossman was in no mood for wild dog shenanigans. He threw off his work gloves and drew his Beretta. "Rourke," he called. "See to the Brahmin! I'll put these dogs down!"

Guess I'm shooting dogs. Mossman hopes a couple gunshots will scare or wound the dogs, and send them running. Dr. Idle, how do you want to handle this?

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


@Went to Hell - We will go by sequence. I'll get a map up sometime tomorrow and get the play order for you all.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed
HP: 30/30 Load: 7/150
Sick, Sober, and Sorry

"Sure, I'll tag along. Not sure how long I'll be around, but maybe helpin' put some people in homes'll make me feel better. Chrissy, how is it your head don't feel like a splittin' watermelon? Mine sure does."

Jackie sighed, squeezing her eyes and hoping her hangover would go way. "An' I guess I could see Montez again---didn't he have a crush on you, one point? "

It was hard to keep the stew down, and it has nothing to do with the flavor. Jackie almost puked across the kitchen table twice during the meal before giving up, pushing the half-empty bowl away. "Thanks, Pa, but whatever clear liquid Chrissy kept givin' me last night's decided I won't be eatin' this mornin'."

After breakfast (and washing dishes), Jackie gave her parents a second goodbye, though this one was less heart-felt; her parents seemed to be less than concerned, no matter the choice she was going to make with her life.

The two daughters headed to the Unity tent, trying to fill in the evening's gaps for each other. "Ya don't remember givin' that Caravan guy yer bra? Ya'd lost 40 caps that hand, and you offered it ta him instead of tha money, Chrissy."

Does Chrissy point out anything that Jackie wouldn't remember, embarrassing or otherwise? Jackie will help with whatever she can around the Unity compound, just lemmie know what to roll.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

8:15 AM

Snapping back the heavy rubber gloves and slicking the seemingly superfluous hair net over his chrome dome top, Sahen brings the ceiling lamp down low. The look in his eyes spelling out 'You're probably hosed, in my medical opinion'.

Waiting for the good doctor to finish administering the anesthetic, he twists and turns at the radio knobs, each frequency more static and less music than the last. Sitting aside the radio, however, was a vintage VoxBlaster electric record player and a stack of old 78's. The dusty pile of tracks must have been a long time running for a collection, the burnt and battered sleeves spoke from all walks of life and every corner of Tennessee. Rifling through the stack, Sahen pulled out the most garishly adorned cover, quietly slipping it onto the turntable and setting the needle.

"Good old times..."

----

Given his cue to mark for incision, Sahen took his place beside the furrowed elderly gentleman, taking the medical marker in his mitt. He bends over to dot the incision area and...

Doctor Doctor: DR 75: 1d100 90

... promptly realizes he hasn't even seen the prosthetic, and has no clue where to mark for the cut. Could be at the knee, could be half way down the shin, might even be the whole leg for all he knew. Doing his best for a quick inspection, he attempts to figure out exactly what's wrong with the old coot. Granted the man's entire body looks to be in the same worn out condition, so he's left out to guess.

Gimme the News: IN 6: 1d10 10

Well he at least hoped that was the spot... maybe it was just an old scar, or just a crease in the light, but either way that's where he was getting sliced.

"Here, correct?... Perkins?"

Sahen looked over his shoulder, but Susan was no where to be found at the moment. Likely forgot something, stepped out to fetch it.

"Close... Is close enough."

----

Upon Susan's return, Sahen clicks a few buttons on the autodoc, moving over to attach the compression and air to the now drooling Beatrix. The good doctor notices a few erratic tics in the man's condition: Shallow breathing, erratic heartbeat, the like. She instructs Sahen to setup an IV and increase the oxygen to 75%, just to be safe.

Sahen pinches off an arm at the wrist, letting the cubital vein show through the elderly man's paling skin before poking the needle through. Stepping over the the oxygen tank beside his face, Sahen reaches down to increase the airflow, but he notices something off about the man's eyes. They seemed puffy, much less sunken.

I've got a bad case: DR 75: 1d100 52

"You have Epiphren... Epin frin... angry speed chemical? Adrenaline. Seems is having allergy to Med X. Antihistamines for swelling, adrenaline for blood pressure."

----

Of rolling blues: DR 75: 1d100 29

Hoping that the meds would take, Sahen nodded to Susan when she pulled out the bonesaw from under the table. Taking a length of much cleaner rag, and gauze, he sets about tying off an inch and a quarter above the incision marker, pulling it tight.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Mossman & Rourke


12 dogs, 8 Brahmin and a Scared child. Odds are is that this is somehow the kids fault.

Turn Order
Mossman
Rourke

Dogs
Brahmin
Harold & Fam

At the distance you are currently at, it might be dangerous to fire freely. You can spend 3AP to get to a better position and then fire small guns without penalty.

(Moving is clunky with 1AP per hex, unless it is close so I'll be expediting your foot travel in combat. Jolinaxas, You can tell me what you want to do and I'll give you an AP Cost and a percentage to beat with a relevant check.)

-----

Jackie Reed
Fitting song lol

Chrissy goes red in the face, patting down her chest. "I Hadn't noticed... But better'n 40 Caps I guess! ...she cringes... What is he doing with it?!"

"Well, that ain't half as bad as you nearly getting in a fist fight with Caravaners, had it not been for you tumbling off those steps, you might have been a bit worse off this morning, or well... who knows? You did have that look about ya'. The look that said, you'd been drinking for hours and were madder than a nest of cazadores. I'm glad they just went on about their business though."

You get to the tent and meet up with Montez who looks equally destroyed, Chrissy was somewhat of an anomaly, you were sure she drank like you all did, yet she was chipper and perky and everything you didn't like in the world during a hangover from binge drinking.

"You two ready to build some shacks? Mr. Lackis lent us some tools and equipment and Harold gave us some extra lumber and aluminum paneling. Let's get to it!"

---

You set to working on a shack with Chrissy and the aid of some vagabonds who had received aid at the tent. First came the foundation, granted these didn't have to and weren't going to be perfect, you still didn't want a home to collapse on top of the inhabitants so you structure the base in the most reasonable way possible.

IN check with - 2 Bonus to overall roll from group help. If failed, make a repair check.

---

The foundation established, you all begin to place the aluminum panels against lumber pillars of various size and length, hammering them into place.

STR check. If failed, make a AG check with a +2 Difficulty to the overall roll.

---

One shack completed, you began to feel a bit winded as the remains of last night's alcohol churned in your gut.

EN Check. If failed, you throw up and become dehydrated!

-----

Sahen
Although you are uncertain as to where to mark for the implant with no indication from Doc Perkins, you make your best guess referencing memories of medical journals and logic, which you had an abundance of.

Marks made, the surgery is underway when you notice an allergic reaction to the med-x and treat it with a dose of adrenaline and antihistamines.
"Great eye, Sahen!" Doctor Perkins says underneath her mask nodding at you respectfully before turning her attention back to Mr. Beatrix.

You place the tourniquet with ease and precision, then Doc' Perkins takes over to configure the cybernetic prosthetic.

---

Ok Sahen, I'm thinking everything looks good, but I'd like you to look it over with me.

Roll Doctor, If failed IN + 2 Difficulty.

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman
HP: 30 AC:12 Beretta ammo: 18/18

Mossman hustled over to where the dogs were harassing the Brahmin. He fired his pistol at the nearest mutt. He shouted and waved his free arm in the air, trying to scare the dogs off.

Move (3 AP) closer to the dogs. Fire twice (6 AP) at the nearest dog, provided Mossman has a clear shot:

Rolling Small Guns to shoot the dog: Small Guns 47%, 1d100 = 57, miss.

Rolling Small Guns to shoot the dog: Small Guns 47%, 1d100 = 71, another miss.

Beretta ammo 16/18

Actually, Jolinaxas, twelve dogs seems like a lot. Feel free to join me!

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke - 6 AC, 32 HP, Brass Knuckles and Fancy Pre-War Suit

Lloyd runs over to Mossman, pulling out his brass knuckles.

"Moss, I think the brahmin can wait - you even have as many bullets as there are dogs?"

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2013 around 21:54

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax was pleased with his meal, and cleaned up to avoid suspicion. But something was odd. A signal, a sound. Therax is curious and so follows the sounds to try and discover what it is. Of course the sounds seem suspicious so it would be best if he tried to avoid making noise.

Sneak 60 1d100 87 ...great.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

10:30 AM

The surgery was over, and the blood soaked state of his gloves gave Sahen a very homey feeling. He took a moment to look over their handiwork.

"Well, he is not dead... Not screaming to die. Usually how I measure success."

Inspection DR 75: 1d100 23

"On more serious, could be from angle but does leg look correct to you? Pull taut, legs seem off kilter."

Sahen leaned over to undo the strap covering Beatrix's lower body, letting his leg and prosthetic hang free.

"Is it just me?"

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed
HP: 30/30 Load: 7/150
Black Bottom Stomp

Jackie looked over Montez, who she hadn't seen in too long. She smirked---he looked as bad as she felt. Motioning to her sister, she said, "You ever want to just strangle her, lookin' to pepppy? Let's just get this over with."

---

The foundation went down easy: 2

The cement laid nice, and Jackie smoothed it with almost-forgotten skill. When she was 12, she helped her dad build their third bedroom, and as she got to work on the shack, draggin' herself through the hang-over, all those memories came running back.

"Watch close, Jackie, this is how you lay the foundation. You pour it smooth as possible the first time---ain't no redos, unless we gonna rip it all up an' try again, and we ain't got the money for that. We take our time with it... Grab that knife, go slow. Bring it over, but keep the pressure light. It's like spreadin' butter: too much force and you're just gonna make a mess."

---

And the walls went up fine: 3

As cement dried fast---it'd take a while to harden all the way through, but it was already good enough to get to work on the walls. Jackie drove nails into the ony slightly-bent lumber, trying to straighten it out between sips of almost-fresh water from the Unity supply.

"It doesn't matter if the wood's the best---dont' even have to be pretty, my girl. But it's gotta be mostly straight and it's gotta be sturdy. We can't have the roof comin' down in the night on your little sister."

The aluminum was new---they had used drywall and brick on their house, but it went of even easier. Driving nails through it was hard, but she got the hang of it after the third panel.

---

By the end, the hangover had evaporated: 1

And by the end of the work, Jackie sat back and sighed, marvelling at what they had gotten done in a morning. "Nice to be doin' some good back home, Chrissy. Thanks for havin' me along. All that hard work seemed to have helped with the booze, too."

She had managed to work her way through the hangover, and she finished her glass of water as she stretched. "What next? We puttin' up another one? It's just 'bout lunch time, ain't it?"

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Mossman & Rourke
TIME: 9:50 AM

The dogs run wildly around the Brahmin, each finding their own targets to pursue. Four of the Brahmin fall prey to the dog's attacks, but continue to charge forward. One is savagely attacked by a dog who leaps and bites into its hindquarter, the Brahmin kicks and shakes, eventually bucking the dog off of its body.

Three Brahmin are Lightly Wounded. One is Injured.

The other dogs circle and draw nearer.

----

Both Abel and Caroline fire, but their shots fail to connect. The child runs closer as Harold approaches from the rear.

----

Jolinaxas, I'll allow 3AP to get you to the nearest dog

Map


----------

Therax
TIME: 4:50 AM

You advance into the forested area as cautious as you can, but you find yourself moments away from stepping into a sizable trap designed to hold or at least injure bears and other animals who might walk across them.

Check against your Agility + 2 Difficulty

If failed, a trap snaps on you making a good amount of noise, but it does no damage due to you strong natural resistances. If a common hunter lurked these woods, it had no idea what type of game it's attracted.

-----------

Sahen
TIME: 11:00 AM

The inspection coming to a close, Dr. Perkins applauds your knowledge and praises you for spotting another issue. She re-calibrates the leg and an enclosed piston like device swivels on the leg extending its length to better match Mr. Beatrix's natural gait.

An hour or so passes and Mr. Beatrix comes to and Doc Perkins begins running diagnostics and programming the leg further to respond to nerve impulses and ensure that it wouldn't go haywire on him when he left the place. You were honestly a bit shocked to see how skill Doc Perkins was with the Cybernetic Prosthetic. Heck, her overall scientific knowledge came as a surprise. You knew she was an excellent doctor, but she seems to have a much more versatile skill set than appearances would credit her for.

"You all did an excellent job. I understand you spotted two potentially dangerous issues during the surgery. It isn't much, but here is for your trouble. Doc' Perkins, I believe you'll find what you've requested of me delivered within the day and here is the thousand cap fee for the surgery. That being said, I believe our business here is concluded. Have a lovely day."

The man leaves and while cleaning up Perkins pulls you aside and gives you additional caps. "It isn't much, but it is all I can spare for the time being."

100 Exp.! Good Surgery

Gained the Medical Scrubs!

Gained 200 Caps total!

----------

Jackie Reed
TIME: 11:00 AM

The work wasn't as gut wrenching as you thought it would be to your surprise. Not to say that it wasn't hard work, it's just that your hangover didn't get in the way it and by the time your first shack was completed, it had nearly gone away. Three shacks in total got built, and that was probably all that would get build seeing as supplies were pretty much diminished cept' for the occasional piece of scrap.

50 Exp.! Shack builder!

Eating lunch and relaxing in the shade of the UNITY tent. Your sister prods you with questions giving you a dose of your own medicine, so she put when you asked her why she was all the sudden so chatty.

"So, surely you've done something crazy since you've been gone. Ma & Pa saw it, I can see it. You're a hardened woman. Got that devil may care look in your eyes, what's your plan of action when you get back out there?

"Was there a time you ever thought about just coming to live back at the farm? I think about it every now and then, especially what with ma' being sick an' all."

"What are the people you're traveling with like? I mean the ghoul was surprising enough, not that I got nothin' against him or anything like that. Just different I guess."

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman
HP: 28/28 AP:9 Beretta Ammo: 16/18

"Dammit! Get these dogs out of here!" Mossman advanced and fired at the dogs some more.

Move (3AP) towards the dogs, and shoot (6AP) the closest dog twice

Rolling Small Guns twice to shoot the dog: Small Guns 47%, 1d100 = 95 and 34, a miss and a potential hit, depending on dogs' AC.

Rolling 9mm FMJ damage 1d8+6: 12, not bad!

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Mossman
The first round misses, but the next hits its intended target and the dog whimpers as the round passes through mangy, matted fur into its flesh. It turns and begins to try to flee.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax spots the trap in time and avoids stepping into it. Not that even a bear trap or whatever this is would actually hurt him, though it could have been rather inconvenient.


Not exactly sure how that roll works, but I don't think I fail.
Agility 15 +2 Difficulty? 1d10 1

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Yeah, Therax would be pretty much impossible to hit without some control on that. The only way you could miss would be on the 10 and I put 2 difficulty on the overall roll to try and push you closer to that mark. So the total got shifted to 3, but it still isn't enough. In most situations, you'll find that you'll have a -bonus amount to downshift the overall score away from failure.

Doctor Idle fucked around with this message at Jul 31, 2013 around 04:52

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Therax
Saved by your quick reflexes(though you were never in any real danger), you avoid activating the trap and continue to advance into the wooded area more cautiously. It doesn't take you long to come across a camp sight with two tents set up on opposite ends of a small fire pit. You don't see anyone out in the open.

There are exits to the North and South, what do you do?

Map


Also, make a sneak check.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax looks back and forth. Trying to decide which way to go, then after a few moments thought turns to the north and begins sneaking that way.

Sneak 60 1d100 56 That was a little closer than I would have liked.
Heading North.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Therax
TIME: 5:00 AM

You arrive at the remains of a large tree and you see various stations indicative of intelligent life, human, ghoul or otherwise. The beeping is louder and seemingly coming from a pit in the ground that has a ladder sticking out of it. You could tell more by approaching and examining things. Again, you see no humans just out and about. It was still the early morning though.

Map


Just let me know what you plan on doing whether it is scanning an area, checking an object or just taking any old kind of action. Additionally, just specify a general direction to move or a location and I'll give you an AP equivalent cost if necessary, but right now you're just free to explore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke - 6 AC, 32 HP, Brass Knuckles and Fancy Pre-War Suit

Lloyd moves to the nearest dog and takes a swing at it, more to scare it away than anything else.

Unarmed TN 48: 1d100 7
Unarmed Damage: 1d10+1 8

  • Locked thread
«60 »