Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«60 »
  • Locked thread
QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed
HP: 30/30 Load: 7/150 XP: 150
Sophisticated Lady

Jackie took a bite of her lunch, coughing slightly as her sister insinuated she had become unforgiving. Maybe she was right, though. Chrissy had always been able to read her, so if she said it, it was probably true.

"Chris, I've done a lot of things---a lot of things I regret, now. Killin' ain't pretty, my dear sister, but some things need to get set straight back in New Nashville. After that, I don't know."

"It ain't like I can come back here to live. What'ould I do? Build shacks, work the land? Ma and Pa'll take care of themselves---always have. 'Sides, the caps I was sendin' home were worth far more than what I could scrape up 'round here."

"The people I'm travelin' with are nice enough, but a bit weird. And that Lloyd's easy enough on the eyes. Seem handy with medicine and machinery, but they need protectin', so they keep me around, I guess. Don't know any of 'em incredibly well, though---their lives, their families, their reasons for bein' in the waste."

Jackie finished her water, bumming a cigarette off of Montez and smoking almost half of it before she spoke again, "There's more to life than that pitiful patch of dirt, Chris. A lot more. Come with me---we can explore it together. Have drinks in fancy bars, sleep in expensive hotels, make enough money to really take care of Ma. Even for just a few months. The road wouldn't seem so cold and lonely knowin' there was someone I could really trust."

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at Sep 23, 2013 around 08:49

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Jackie Reed
TIME: 11:15 AM

Your sister looks at you with uncertainty. Torn by her obligation to UNITY and being afraid of letting her older sister down... The decision wasn't easy to make.

Roll a check against CHA. -3 Bonus to overall score.

Doctor Idle fucked around with this message at Aug 1, 2013 around 22:37

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax continues on in search of the beeping noise. Stepping over the tree, where it looks to have been broken into a kind of path. He keeps an eye out for any more traps or such, but heads toward the pit and ladder where the beeping seems to be coming from.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Mossman & Rourke
Lloyd runs up and pummels one of the dogs as another leaps at him in retaliation. The dog misses its attack.

Abel makes quick work of the dog that Mossman had already shot, but Caroline has no such luck as her shot just hits dirt.

Map

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

11:00 AM

The elder man, Beatrix, was dressing to leave, thanking the doctors for their work. Sahen spoke up as he mentioned the medical problems encountered.

"You have an allergy to Med X I believe? Ana... phallec... ectic reaction, bad for you it seems."

"If it becomes problem in the future, two parts Broc Flower, some Xandar root, and either Cane Ether or lightly radiated water and Abraxo cleaner mix will give similar effects; Wasteland Ester. Will not feel or see much for while, though. Surprise, really, how much use radwater and 'Braxo can have." He mumbled off a bit towards the end.

As the man went his way and Susan shoved a small bag into his hands, Sahen's tone turned near reminiscent. Having a complete surgery go so smoothly was almost foreign to him by now.

"Is more than have had in recent. Will put to good use, maybe books you mentioned... Been some time since worked with prosthetics. Wonderful science, really; part falls off, make new part, attach."

His head drops to inspect the floor with unfocused eyes.

"Should have been robot surgeon... You know, last time worked with them was on danawa digahali, err, deathclaw, tribe warrior brothers... Bright one had attempt to catch fragmentation grenade. As I heard, went well all until had gone off, most of hand gone... Brought to my tent, too big, had to operate on floor. Was stump, hardly shreds, no fingers and ragged palm. Any way, managed to stop blood, but no claws on deathclaw is death sentence in tribe... Went to metalworkers, the bladesmiths, three hours and had four rough foot long steel blades. Crude, close enough right? Affixed to palm with brace, bolted to what left of bones. Few stimulant pack later and handful days, shiny new claw hand. If reptiles could smile, right?"

Sahen capped off his old rambles with a hearty chuckle, bidding the doctor farewell and at least seeing no more to be done. Not wanting to let the day get away from him again, he made his way back to the truck, retrieving his fire ax and traipsing off into the wastes again. A good use of his mid day, he figured, would be paying a certain wasteland youth a visit.

Sahen gets his ax back and heads off to the counterfeiting operation.

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman
HP: 28/28 AP: 9 Beretta: 14/18

Step closer (3 AP), shoot each of the two dogs that are harassing Rourke (6 AP).

Rolling Small Guns twice to shoot the unhurt dog twice: Small Guns 47%, 1d100 = 65 and 49, double misses. Well, at least I didn't miss so bad that I hit Rourke.


Mossman advanced further and fired two rounds off. Both bullets struck the dusty ground near the dogs' feet, but it wasn't enough to scare them off.

-2 9mm rounds

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke - 6 AC, 32 HP, Brass Knuckles and Fancy Pre-War Suit

"Son of a..."

The suit was lovely, it really was. But right now Lloyd missed his leather jacket. At least he'd gotten some of the dogs away from the brahmin.

Unarmed TN 48: 2#1d100 82 56

He swatted at the dogs with no luck. The damned things were fast.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed
HP: 30/30 Load: 7/150 XP: 150

Charisma (4): 7 -3 = 4

Yeah, that's gonna be a good death scene down the road...

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Jolinaxas posted:

Lloyd Rourke - 6 AC, 32 HP, Brass Knuckles and Fancy Pre-War Suit

"Son of a..."

The suit was lovely, it really was. But right now Lloyd missed his leather jacket. At least he'd gotten some of the dogs away from the brahmin.

Unarmed TN 48: 2#1d100 82 56

He swatted at the dogs with no luck. The damned things were fast.

That raises a point: Would Lloyd wear his nice suit to a day of hard labor? Dr. Idle, is it too late to say that Lloyd changed into something more robust before coming out to the farm?

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


To be fair, he did just sell (or is about to sell? I'm a little muddled on the timeline, heh) the Tommy Gun with the suit's bonus.

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Jolinaxas posted:

To be fair, he did just sell (or is about to sell? I'm a little muddled on the timeline, heh) the Tommy Gun with the suit's bonus.

Oh, right. I guess we did do that just before we set out this morning.

But then we would've bought some new weapons and ammo while we were there, wouldn't we?

Let's take this into the OOC thread.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Mossman, Jolinaxas
TIME: Corrective, Magical Morning Time

Before you depart for the farmstead, you head to the market square to exchange some of your goods for caps and other equipment. You approach one of the Weapon's merchants who was setting up his stand for the day.

"What can I do ya' fer travelers? Now, I'm willin' ta give ya $480 Caps for that Tommy Gun and we can negotiate on whatever else ya' got."

Other merchants are setting up as well.

----

Alright, sorry I didn't get back to you this weekend, had to play Mr. Fixit around the house. Anyhow, I'll accept your proposed trade, then I'll let you place a bid for items from the equipment book. Vendors may or may not have what you're looking for and a Barter roll by Jolinaxas will determine any price cuts or maybe even select stock. Decide amongst yourself the final transactions and what you all independently want and then I'll issue relevant rolls.

@Jolinaxas - As far as the farm clothing goes, I've rolled with your Leather Outfit and Cap AC, so if you want to use that for the dirty work and get decked out for trading/talking purposes, I'm fine with that.[/i]

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Sahen
TIME: 11:45 AM

Recalling your story of Metal Claw brings up several good memories, but serves to slightly intimidate Doc' Perkins.

"Ya' mean to tell me, that ya' actually made a Deathclaw scarier!? You're either brave, crazy or the most earnest man in the wastes. Well come back anytime Sahen!"

You gather up your supplies and head back to the location of the counterfeiting operation.

The door is shut and locked.

You only hear the sounds of wind rustling through wild vegetation and dust being swept up into the air, cutting around the bluff.

----

Jackie Reed
TIME: 11:30 AM

You and your sister sat side by side in silence for sometime, before she finally caves in to your request.

"I guess I don't see the harm in it, I can still help with UNITY in our travels and you probably need someone t'look out fer' ya'. I guess, I'll tag along." She says looking at you with a warm smile.

You've gained a follower!

pre:
Name: Christopher Reed
S: 5
P: 3
E: 5
C: 6
I: 6
A: 4
L: 6

HP: 30
AC: 4
AP: 7
Carry Weight: 150 lbs.

She's always been a bit too trusting,
but she's good natured and knows a
little about most non-combat related
skills given her experiences in with
UNITY.

Can be used for a +5% to any non-combat
related skill check.

Can also function as a supply mule.

In combat you can issue generic or 
specific orders and I'll make rolls to
coincide with that so long as she has
sufficient AP.

Gave her 35 out of 40 ability points,
she's special, but not like you all.

Haha, we shall see if she meets a horrible wasteland demise, but who knows! She might be what saves you all in some last ditch effort... who knows.

----

Went to Hell, Jolinaxas - I'll continue your dog fight this evening. Have all the fallout files on my thumbdrive at home, because I'm forgetful and terrible. Also left my wallet...

'Tomorrow Again'
Seven Socks - I hope you don't mind me linking your tunes!

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Therax
TIME: 5:15 AM
I apologize, I didn't see your post earlier. Didn't mean to leave you out!

You approach the ladder looking for traps.

Make a check against your perception. You can have a -2 to the overall total as bonus since you're actively looking for traps.

Map


----

Mossman & Rourke
TIME: 9:55 AM

Mossman
Your shots strike near the dogs surrounding Rourke giving them reason to scatter away from him.

Rourke
You swing wildly at the dogs, but both swings only manage to hit air as the dogs dart around you.

Map

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Perception 5 1d10-2 2

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Therax
Map


At the ground right in front of you is a trap much larger than the previous one you had nearly activated. This one might even hurt you!

Additionally, you hear a light clacking sound coming from just below. You peer around and with what you can see, you manage to just barely make out some type of emblem on the floor. You KNOW someone is in there. You can smell them.

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman
HP: 28 AP: 9 Beretta ammo: 12/18

Mossman glimpsed one particularly ferocious dog as it charged towards him. He fired three rounds at it in rapid succession and jumped back as the dog lunged at him with its jaw wide open.

Three-round burst on dog directly in front of me (4 AP), then defend (5 AP) for +5 to AC.

Rolling Small Guns three times to shoot the dog directly in front of me: Small Guns 47%, 1d100 = 34, 88 and 83. A hit!

Rolling 9mm FMJ damage 1d8+6: 7

-3 9mm FMJ ammo.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke - 6 AC, 32 HP, Brass Knuckles and Fancy Pre-War Suit

Moss was slowly wearing them down, that's for sure. Lloyd edged a little towards the brahmin to put himself between them and swung wildly again.

Unarmed, TN 48x2: 2#1d100 76 89


Moving one hex towards the brahmin and then whiffing twice, heh.
As for the shopping, I'm good with what was proposed in OOC (the discussion that included me giving away the jacket)
Barter TN 95: 1d100 91
>_O

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


The tunes are pretty much there for that reason, go hog wild. Also if my part turns to combat I don't think we'll need a map, just generally reference if someone/thing is out of reach

Sahen

12:30 PM

The wasteland wind is harsh at times, but it is better than scorching in the sun.

Staring down the beaten path between the bluff, Sahen rolls his ax by the handle, stepping up to bat. He swaps to the reverse of the blade, the rear pick, and leveling his foot against the rocks he...

Door Breach TN 62: 1d100 66 77

wedges the pick beneath the hinges and pulls, breaking off a dust cloud of rotted wood. Even repeating this a second time, he gains no ground, the structural integrity of the wood being less than that of the door as a whole.

Frustrated, and remembering how easily it had torn off the lock before, Sahen tossed the brunt of his weight onto the door...

Shoulder Check ST9: 1d10 9

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Mossman & Rourke
Mossman
The dog right lunging at you his hit by one of the burst rounds and whines loudly as the bullet makes impact.

Rourke
You swing at the beasts again to no avail.

The merchant eyes you over as you propose your trade and is willing to compromise, he is asking that you accept 700 caps and the equipment instead of the 800 caps. Do you accept?

Map


----

Sahen
You barely manage to get the door open this time, looks like the kid had reinforced it with scrap materials. A bucket of mostly rusted nails and a hammer sit near the entrance indicating his handiwork.

No one is here right now, so feel free to look around.

You can make a perception check just to generally get a scope of the room, but if you are looking for something in specific, just designate and roll for that.

Doctor Idle fucked around with this message at Aug 10, 2013 around 00:15

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax avoids the trap, and carefully inspects the hole. Trying to find what is down there, and failing being able to spot it from above tries to figure out how to get down there, and back out afterwards.

If necessary he tries to climb down.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


It'll be a tight fit, but you could climb down the ladder. You'll just be at a disadvantage on any sneak checks. So you can go down there and terrify the life out of whoever is down there, or you can sneak down there with your skill temporarily reduced by 15%

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman
HP: 28/28 AC: 12 AP: 9 Beretta Ammo: 9/18

Move 5 squares to the left (5 AP), and three-round burst the dog 5 squares to the left of that (4 AP)

Rolling Small Guns three times to shoot that dog: Small Guns 47%, 1d100 = 50, 1 and 3. Two hits!

Rolling 9mm FMJ damage 1d8+6= 7, 1d8+6= 9

They're both technically critical hits, but according to the book, only one critical can be scored on a burst attack. I'm not entirely clear on how to roll critical damage in this system. Dr. Idle, can you roll it for me, and show me how it works? the first hit will be the critical.

-3 9mm FMJ ammo.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax heads down the hole, ready to scare the life out of whoever, or whatever, might be down there.

Lets go with plan terrify!

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke - 6 AC, 32 HP, Brass Knuckles and Fancy Pre-War Suit

Lloyd redoubled his efforts, striking at the beasts again.
Unarmed, TN 48x2: 2#1d100 34 58
Brass Knux damage: 1d10+1 3


Yeah, he'll accept 700.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Mossman & Rourke
@Went to Hell: It's basically 2d100 for the crit. table

Crit Table: 2d100 102 (Damage x 5, Ignore armor Protection)

The dog is critically hit by the burst fire as the first round strikes a vital round ending its life. A second shot plows into the creature for good measure.

Rourke

You smash a dog with your brass knuckles giving it reason to pause its attack and reconsider, especially now that a good amount of the pack had been done away with gunfire by the farmers and your ally, Mossman.

Caroline and Abel continue to fire into groups of the dogs. Abel focuses on the dogs headed towards the main of the farmstead while Caroline lends you two a hand in dispatching the others. Several have scattered and others have chased the Brahmin into other areas.

Map


----

Therax
Descending down the ladder, not only is the source of the sound visible, but so is a wiry human whose eyes go wide as you, a big cloaked figure with lizard like appendages begins climbing down the ladder.

"Oh, Oh!!! OH gently caress! S-stay b-b-back!"

The man panics and almost falls out of his chair at the small terminal he was working at. There appears to be some electronic device pulsating, attached to his terminal. He probably can't hear the sounds you're hearing, and you have absolutely no idea what he was working on, AND even more so, it's all his fault for not having closed the hatch on his bunker, but... it was definitely a stressed situation.

The man eyes a laser rifle in the corner of the room just against his cot behind him. It looks like he might make a run for it.

I'll let you decide if you want to make a save, merc the dude or just leave lol. Whatever you do, it's sure to have varied effects.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


@Jolinaxas: "Well sir, I do think we might have a deal. Sorry no case, but I do have this knapsack that you can put your gun in. May your aim be true, and you have a blessed day, now!"

Any other vendors you want to hit up before you head to the farm?

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

12:33 PM

Perception 7: 1d10 8

Sahen squints in the dusty cavern, the scorching sunlight behind him blotting out the expanse before him.

Pulling a road flare from his pocket, he cracks the cap at arm's length, closing his eyes to the bright ignition before rolling it across the stone floor.

Satisfied with the new level of light, Sahen strides over to the metal press, inspecting it.

Inspection PE 7: 1d10 4


Failed to take in the scope of the room, passable inspection of the machine
-1 Flare
Sahen also snatches up every bottlecap he can see on the way

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman
HP: 28/28 AP: 9 AC: 12 Beretta Ammo 9/18

"Hey! Get back here, you stupid Brahmin!" Mossman ran after the Brahmin. He tried to get ahead of them, to keep them from trundling too far off of the ranch.

Moving nine hexes west (9AP).

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke - 6 AC, 32 HP, Brass Knuckles and Fancy Pre-War Suit

Lloyd watched as dogs went down all around him, thanks to Moss and the others. Following Moss' lead, he runs over to try to herd the brahmin.


Moving 7 hexes over to the brahmin.
I don't need anything else, really. Unless any of the other players forgot something, I think we're done shopping.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Sahen
The press was a simple piece of machinery that used a hand crank to flatten small pieces of scrap into malleable metal, from there the user would lower a lever on the opposite end of the machine that pressed a a filed rod into the bent metal to give it the appearance of a bottle cap. Some hand tools were around to trim up inconsistencies, but for the most part, it was pretty creative. As far as paint was concerned, mixed up paints from plants, tarnishes and dyes ensured that the counterfeiter could add some level of realism to the caps they produced but a good look would reveal them as a fake. Not that anyone really checked up on that kind of thing anymore, but giving these caps to the wrong persons might turn unfavorable given the circumstances. You see a nuka-cola crate with 2 old dusty colas sitting in it just on the other side of the table and machinery. Also in the crate is a Talking To People Magazine and a Grognak the Barbarian comic book. Probably the kids.

You pick up 23 fake bottle caps and 7 real ones.

You lose 5 Karma.

Crimes
  • 2 Counts of Breaking & Entering
  • Theft

----

Mossman & Rourke
You two take to rounding up the Brahmin while Abel & Caroline see to killing or scaring off the rest of the feral dogs. Turns out to be quite the hassle, and some of the animals are terrified making it much more difficult to calmly bring them back.

Checks against your agility, if fail make a check against your endurance.

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

Rolling Agility (8): 6, a success!

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


EDIT: Rolls were here, then I put saved over it with what I was trying to post below, when I went to grab the hyperlink for his sheet. Rolled a 10 against agility, and a 6 against endurance. No IC anything.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at Aug 17, 2013 around 08:44

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Mossman & Rourke
You manage to round up most of the cattle, only one died and the others that you hadn't got were be rounded up by Harold and the young boy. Lloyd just barely managed getting kicked by the Brahmin.

Out of breath, red in the face and sweating, Harold approaches you all, patting his head with his dirty rag.

"...hwoo, sure didn't expect a pack of wild dogs to attack the farm, but I'm glad for all the help that you two were able to provide."

"Here's your pay for the work and a little bit extra for helping us with this situation. Sure is a shame ol' herbert got gotten to though. drat dogs, that was my prize Brahmin."

Earned 200 caps each, earned 125 xp each.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

12:35 PM

A crate across the room catches his eye; two well worn magazines lying against nuka cola. Sahan drops his mass beside it, grabbing the issue of Grognak the Barbarian and thumbing the pages aside.

Issue #18, not a classic by any means, but if recalled correctly it was the issue in which Grognak was tasked with cleansing the lands of a death plague released upon the world by feuding kings. It was a new direction for the storytelling, seeing as before this point Grognak had mostly solved all his problems with battle axes and their natural effectiveness on heads, and the inexperience showed through the shallow writing. Undeterred, Sahen twists off a cap of cola and commences draining it.

12:40 PM

Done with sifting through the greasy booklet, Sahen stuffs the two magazines into his rucksack. Rooting around the accessible cave, he also snatches up any left over scrap metal, after all, evil is payed only in evil, even if it were so petty.

As he walks towards the door, a thought strikes him. Dropping his rucksack to the ground with a dusty thud, he places both hands over the metalwork of the press, and attempts to lift it.

Heave Ho' ST 9: 1d10 4

Pending on his abilities, or the nailed down'edness of the press, Sahen waddles out of the cave with press in hand and freshly stuffed rucksack on his shoulder.


Take: 1x Talking to People, 1x Grognak The Barbarian, 1x Nuka-Cola
Use: 1x Nuka-Cola
Be stupid about : 1x Metal Press

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Sahen
The magazines hold your interest for a time, but you decide it is time to move on, not before hefting the bulky machine press off the table in both of your arms. It was massive, but a man of your stature had no problem with it. However, making the journey back to town, though short, would be another story.

Stopped counterfeiting operation in Johnnyville(in a strange, unconventional and amusing way). 100 xp.

Make an endurance check with disadvantage of +1 on the roll

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

Brokeback Wasteland EN5: 1d10+1 10

The several hundred pound machine proves too much to bear all the way back, blocking a wayward stone from his view as he stumbles over it, dropping the device and -?-?-

Or whatever you'd prefer

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax tries to look non-threatening, hah good luck, and in a less than pleasant voice says. "No need to panic. Just tell me what you are doing here." If possible he tries to position himself in-between the panicking man and the laser rifle. Hopefully he can calm the situation down, though he has really no skill in doing so. He would rather not have to harm the man, just wanting to know what is going on. But well if the man lays a hand on the weapon he will have to lose that hand, and possibly his arm as well.

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

Mossman wiped the sweat off his brow, careful not to tear what remained of his mummified flesh from his own skull. "Sorry about the mess Mr. Dawkins. If there's nothing else, I think Lloyd and I would appreciate a ride back into town."

-----------------------------------------

Seated in the back of Dawkins' truck, Mossman turned to Lloyd: "Well, that was a strange turn of events." He offered Lloyd one of his water bottles."And before you ask -" he said with a grin, "- no, it ain't clean."

"I noticed you didn't use your gun on the dogs back there" Mossman indicated Lloyd's new 10mm that hung from his hip. "A little gun-shy, maybe?" Mossman looked at Lloyd. "You do know how to use it, right?"

---------------------------------------

Upon returning to to Johnnyville, Mossman stepped into the gun-seller's shop. He felt the eyes of armed guards on him as soon as he stepped in. Nobody ran a gun shop in the waste without at least a couple toughs to watch out for their merchandise. He gave the surly-faced guards a kurt nod to assure them that he knew that they knew that he was there. He walked past a rack of worn-looking hunting rifles that looked like they hadn't been maintained since before the War. He grabbed a couple boxes of nine millimeter rounds off a shelf and took them to the counter.

"Hello there," he said. "I'm looking for a couple of spare magazines for my Beretta here. Can you help me?"

----------------------------------------

After he finished his business at the gun shop, Mossman went over to Mr. Lackis' general store. Mossman liked Mr. Lackis, whom he saw as a generous, honorable man. As Mossman browsed the hardware section, he chatted with Lackis about his plans to head for Neo-Nashville in search of parts for the Unity AutoDoc. "If you're looking for anything specific, I'd be happy to keep an eye out for ya while I'm out there."

Mossman picked out some new tools to expand his collection.

I'd like to buy a few items from the different shops and stalls:

1 x Super Tool Kit -100 Caps
45 x 9mm FMJ bullets -57 Caps
Expanded Lockpick Set -150 Caps

At the same time, I'm selling the following items:
1 x Repair Kit 50 Caps
1 x Lockick Set 40 Caps

In-game, Mossman is picking out new tools and adding them to his previous set. Mechanically, I'd like to sell my basic stuff and replace the tool kit and lockpicks with the better versions. I don't expect to get full price on the resale (especially since Mossman's Barter skill is 6%), but every little bit helps.

Rolling Barter (6%) for Ammo, then Tools: 42 and 72. I figured as much.

Currently, I'm losing 307 Caps, plus markup since the Merchants of this town are probably way better negotiators than Mossman. At most, I'm recouping 90 Caps from my sales, but again I'll probably lose a significant amount of that to better Barter skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke

"I... well, no, I don't. Besides, doesn't cost anything to use these."

He opened the jacket and pulled the brass knuckles halfway out of the inside pocket, before putting them back and taking his bag of hand-rolled cigarettes out of the same pocket.

"At any rate, not like I was expectin' to have to use either of 'em. I guess I'm gonna head to the market, now that I can afford more than a bag of smokes. Maybe those sunglasses I was lookin' at yesterday."

  • Locked thread
«60 »