Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«60 »
  • Locked thread
Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

"Tell you what: I'm heading to the market myself. You help me get a fair deal on some tools and bullets, and I'll give you some pointers when we get the chance." He leaned back against the truck. "Of course, I imagine that Jackie girl could teach us both a few things about handling a gun."

Dr.Idle, if it's not too late, can Jolinaxas make the Barter checks on Mossman's behalf? Also, now Lloyd has an in-game reason for raising his Small Guns skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke

"I don't see why not, though the gun dealer's a ball buster, I'll warn you of that. Let's stop by the hotel, though. Chasin' brahmin and fendin' off dogs in this heat, I'd scare off half the market in this leather."

Much more comfortable in the relatively light suit, Lloyd heads with Mossman to the market, with his eye on some new shades.

Yeah, I'll raise up small guns a bit next level.
At any rate, gonna grab some Glasses (50 Caps) and hope I don't roll a ten. If I can't help with the other barter check, then this will just be for the shades.
Barter TN 95: 1d100 10
Glasses Luck Check TN 4: 1d10 3

The dice finally cut Lloyd a break...

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed
HP: 30/30 Load: 7/150 XP: 150

Jackie's face exploded with joy, and she gave her sister a tight hug. Jackie's eyes were watering with joy. "Oh, Chrissy, I'm so excited. We should go to the market place, get you a bag to carry your things in. I don't have any money, but maybe we could trade some of my bullets for one."

The sun was just after noon as Jackie pulled her sister to her feet, and they set off toward the center of town together. She spots Lloyd in the market, looking cleaned up and keeping company with Mossman. She looked them over, unaware of the arrangement they had made and uncertain why Mossman looked as if he had done manual labor all morning. Jackie reflexively brushed her own shirt off, trying to get the dirt and sweat from shack-building off it. "Heya, fellas. Have a dirty mornin'?"

"Listen, sorry about the drinkin' last night. I can get a little out of hand, and I hope I ain't done nothin' to offend either of y'all."

She needed to make sure it was okay Chris came with them, but she wasn't sure how to bring it up.

(Sorry for not being around; moving has been eating every spare moment I've had the last week. Seems like my absence itself may be punishment enough, though. Everyone else is rakin' in that XP.)

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke 323 Caps, 225 xp, Suit, 10mm w/ 60 Rounds

"Jackie, Chris. Mornin'."

He tips his cap, and throws Jackie a bag of caps before dragging Moss over to a stall selling assorted curios, looking for sunglasses.

"Your cut from selling the iron. Spent the day so far chasing dogs away from brahmin, and then chasing down the brahmin in question. As for the drinking, not like we weren't doing the same - you didn't do anything particularly foolish, as I recall. Smoke?"

He wryly smiles, and then grabs two cigarettes out of the bag, offering them to the two sisters.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2013 around 16:50

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


GM Notes
Alright, I'm going to take the time to do a little bookkeeping and get all of us on the same page in terms of inventory, caps, experience and overall status in this post. Questions/comments/concerns are welcome.

Additionally, everyone completed Quest 1: A Deathclaw, A Ghoul and Three Humans walk Into A Bar..., I forgot to mention this, but you all get 350 Exp. for that, some of you may be close to level.


----

Sahen
Your back almost gives out as the machine flies from your hands crashing into the ground. It doesn't look to have sustained much damage, but your back sure smarts. You can pick it up and continue putting additional strain on a potential back injury, or you can leave it. Your choice.

If you take it, make a final EN check to get back to town.

----

Therax
The man still inces towards the laser rifle, but he's giving you the benefit of doubt in the situation.

"I run a communications relay system for the Red Star, but I started getting some weird signals. I had been making modifications to my equipment so I could isolate the frequency and maybe determine it's origin... Who are you and what do you want from me?!"

----

Mossman
"It'll run ya' 77 Caps for the ammo, and after market inflation prices... err and of course a 20% courtesy discount, I can get you your tools and the expanded lockpick set for 315 caps. Bring ya in for a total of 392 caps, and with the trade from your old stuff... well I can bring that down to about 320 caps. What say you?"

If you want Lloyd to, I'll allow it and recalc the final numbers.

.....

Mr. Lackis eyes you over with a smile before hobbling to his counter to fiddle with an old clipboard with a mess of papers attached to it.

"Y'know... I ain't really need to much right now. Why don't you come by the next time your in town. Might be some work t'be done._

----

Lloyd Rourke
Perusing the market, you come across a nice looking display of glasses and sunshades, rare finds more or less in the wasteland, but you find a nice pair of shades with a hair crack on the right lense corner, but otherwise in impeccable shape. Some aviators with a mauve to red tint.

pre:
Cool Aviators
+5% bonus on all checks to intimidate, persuade, impress or barter.
+1 to Perception when worn

Caps: 50

----

Jackie Reed
Rourke tosses you a bag of caps and much to your surprise, your sister has a little bit of savings stowed away in her garments as well.

"No worries sis' you worry about you. I got some caps myself, a girl has to survive out here afterall."

She has 168 caps that you can use jointly or for her. Otherwise, I'll arm, feed and clothe her sensibly. You can set commands just like you would to a follower in the game series. So if you don't like something she's doing or you want her to do something in your travels, e.g. make antiseptics or keep an eye out, just say so and we will make due.

----

Experience Levels as I sees it
  • Lloyd Rourke: +100 exp. wasteland fight + 125 exp. Farmhand + 25 exp. wheeling and dealing + 350 exp. Quest 1 = 600 exp.
  • Jackie Reed: +100 exp. wasteland fight + 50 exp. Shack Builder + 50 exp. follower recruitment + 350 exp. Quest 1 = 550 exp.
  • Mossman: +100 exp. wasteland fight + 125 exp. Farmhand + 75 exp. fixing stuff. + 350 exp. Quest 1 = 650 exp.
  • Therax: +100 exp. wasteland fight + 25 exp. Hunting + 75 exp. Red Star Bunker Discovery + 350 exp. Quest 1 = 550 exp.
  • Sahen: +100 exp. wasteland fight + 100 exp. Good Surgery + 100 exp. Counterfeiting Bust + 350 exp. Quest 1 = 650 exp.

I gave xp. for stuff you did retroactively too and I just spared some to get everyone more or less on the same playing field. Everybody is at least half-way to level one, I have a few more opportunities for XP in this town which will present it self shortly, but we'll be ready to move wherever. I'm going to get an update to the map of Tennessee soon to map out locations some of you have found or explored and what not.

Caps, Inventory & Equipment as I sees it
  • I'll do this later, realizing I've accidentally doubled up on medication and stuff isn't making sense.

Doctor Idle fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2013 around 21:37

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

Mossman paid the arms dealer, took his newly acquired things and shuffled out of the store. For the condition these magazines were in 320 caps was a rip-off, but Mossman was used to getting overcharged. He went back to the truck, reloaded his gun along with the new magazines, stuffed them into a pouch on his utility belt, and headed to the doctor's office. Sahen had mentioned something about the doctor having some work for him, and since the tribal and his Deathclaw were still out and about, he figured he might as well spend the time doing something productive.

He knocked on the doctor's door before letting himself in.


I'll just pay the money myself.

-320 Caps
-1 Tool Kit
-1 Lockpick Set

+1 Super Tool Kit
+45 9mm FMJ bullets
+1 Expanded Lockpick Set

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax continues to attempt to look non-threatening. He does not really reveal his appearance as well that by itself is rather threatening. He also tries to casually get between the nervous man and the rifle, he really would rather not tear the man's arm out of its socket.

"There was a noise. Odd. Annoying. I investigated. I found traps all over, and a hole in the ground with another sound. I investigated. I found you here, playing with some device."

He cocks his head to one side, the top of his hood moving a little to the side so that even though his face is hidden the gesture may be apparent. After a moment's thought he adds. "You found some weird signal? Could that be the noise I am hearing?"

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed
Caps: 175 [+ 167 (Chris)] HP: 30/30 Load: 7/150 XP: 550
Thrift Shop (Jazz Cover)

Jackie accepts the cigarette with a smile, passing the other to her sister. "Thank ya kindly, sir. This the money from the gun? Feels heavy."

She thought again about bringing up her plan to bring Chris along, and almost had the sentence together in her head. But before Jackie could get the words out of her mouth, Chris cut in. "Jackie here asked me along, and I said yes, assuming it ain't too imposin'."

Oh, Chris, she always knew how to take an awkward moment and get through the most painful of it. Jackie smiled, the cigarette in her mouth. "Yes, well, that's about the long an' skinny of it. What do you two think? Got a light, Lloyd?"

-----

They were in Lackis' general store, looking over the goods that ranged from mildly used to worn out. "So what've you been doin' lately for UNITY, Chris? Aside from building houses and whatnot, anything you're particularly good at? Wanna spend this all on whiskey, or should we spend it on supplies to make medicine?"

They looked over the racks of goods, wandering the store undisturbed for a moment or two until they rounded a corner and saw Lackis straightening a shelf. "Oh, hello, Mister Lackis. Havin' a good day? I'd've expected you'd be havin' your kids at this by now."

"I was wonderin' if you have one of them dusters like you used to sell? I lost my old coat on the road and I'd certainly like a new one. And maybe a bottle of liquor, if ya got it to sell."

Jackie would try to get Chris a gun, but 167 caps really isn't much for one. Maybe an old, battered derringer or zipgun she can keep concealed and never regularly fire? Also some kind of cheap armor, even if she protests. Does she already have a backpack and whatnot from her time with UNITY, or will we have to get that, too?

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke
333 Caps, 600 xp, Suit, 10mm w/ 60 Rounds

Lloyd passed the man 50 caps for the shades as fast as he possibly could, grabbing them greedily as soon as the last cap hit the table.

"Well, it's not as heavy as I'd have liked - either of y'all know that gun seller? Getting any more caps out of him would have required a shoehorn, some light music, and a patient soul."

He reaches into his pockets, looking for the lighter, before finding it in one of the outside pockets.

"Here you go. As for you, Chris, I don't mind. The more the merrier. Speaking of which, I haven't seen the big tribal or the....um... other big tribal for a fair bit. Anyone know where they're at?"

---

Lloyd's also looking for a seamstress to mend the broken pocket on the suit. Also, Lloyd's leather jacket is up for grabs if none of the PCs want it.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at Aug 21, 2013 around 13:56

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Mossman
You enter into Dr. Susan's medical office after leaving the market. "Just a minute, I'll be right with you." The stairs creak as she walks down them, and she is startled at first, but not in quite the way you imagined...

"Well if this day just isn't getting sweeter. Sir, I know you have no idea who I am and no reason to trust me, but I am the medical doctor in these here parts, a former vault scientist at that and I have a bit of an odd request to make that could prove to earn you a few caps. -- What's that? You say you came here to help with the distiller, well it really is my lucky day! I put the damned thing in yesterday morning, but I'm still not having any luck. I'll have some caps for that too if you could get it working proper... but back to my offer. How do you feel about contributing to science and potentially the betterment of all species in the wastes?"

----

Therax
The man looks at you curiously when you mention the noise again, he inches back away from you, not towards the gun though and he barely stammers out a rather appropriate question given the circumstances of your encounter, "Wh-wh-what are y-you exactl-ly...?"

"...the signal, it... it could be what you're hearing. That, or the broadcasts from this station, but that's unlikely given that you've only just now heard it. A frequency like that, well, it has atypical properties. It's almost like feedback."

The man had built up some amount of confidence and began talking about things that you did not understand, somethings made sense, but vague and loose connections on ideas of what the human was talking about ran through your mind.

"...and yeah, like I was saying... I, I mean... if you're not here to... you know... kill me. I-I could use your help, might even stop the signal. What do you say?"

The human would apparently like your hand in doing some rather arduous work, well it would be if you were frail like him, but the equipment they use is on unsteady terrain that would be difficult for him to climb, in addition to that, the area is highly radiated with an overturned truck filled with radioactive waste material.

----

Jackie Reed
'Bag it!' haha that's a cool cover.

Chris has a 10mm pistol that is in moderate condition and she has basic equipment necessary to survive the wastes. I'll delineate everything she has tomorrow when I also wrap up your inventories.

"Why, it's good to see you two! I do have some dusters and old leather coats that might fit the bill for what your looking for, and for you girls, I'll do it half off."

pre:
Duster
+5 Small Guns, +1 Charisma
    W: 5 lbs. AC: 5
N:0/20 L:0/15 F:0/15 P:0/5 E:0/15
"How about 125 Caps for it, it's in decent shape afterall."

2 condition boxes filled.

----

Lloyd Rourke
You could make repairs yourself based off intuition with 1 textile material, or you could have someone else do it.

"Looking to get that sewn up, huh? I could probably do clean it up a bit for you, maybe take it in some. Won't be amazing or nothing, but it'll do. How about 35 caps huh?"

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

"Uh... that sounds like a tall order. What would I have to do?" Dr. Susan's words sounded vaguely familiar. had he heard them before, many years ago? "This isn't a... a Ghoul-thing, is it?"

-----------------------------------

After hearing Dr. Susan's offer, Mossman offered to think about it while he looked at her distiller. He went into the back room and set to work.

Rolling Repair (Base 40 +15 Equipment = 55) on Distiller: 23, a success!

Thirty minutes later, Mossman emerged from the back room, looking very pleased with himself. "There was nothing to it, really," he said. "It just needed a little routine maintenance. Should run fine for at least a year, provided you don't push it too hard."

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Sahen

1:15 PM

The drat thing was too heavy to be worth the effort. Heaving what amounted to an overwrought vise through the next odd miles of wasteland wouldn't garner him anything more than maybe a few dozen caps and a slipped vertebrae. Though his current dumping ground was likely remote enough, if he remembered correctly, a molding press generally needs a shaping plate of some kind.

After poking around in the workings of the machine for a bit, Sahen bags whatever he decides is important at the time and legs it back before the sun scorches his skin any darker.

Finding the crucial piece IN 8: 1d10 6

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax blinks at some of the things the man says. Not entirely sure what it all means. Sure he is intelligent, but not beyond maybe average human levels. "I am Therax. I am something of an aberration. The noise. Hmm yes I can help you with your work."

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Mossman
"Well, I'll be straight with ya'... It'd require me sampling your flesh. Mainly for two purposes that I'll try to keep down to earth, the regenerative or rather the physiological components that nearly suspend your cellular decay might be the key to "naturally" restoring some of the planets former glory and ultimately helping to give a much needed boost to our global climate. You ever hear of a spa? If so, imagine that, but for all of us in the wastes.

Shorter still, there isn't exactly a supply of ghoul flesh and the ghouls that do come around are the sad and rare cases of a lost feral ghoul or a traveler so wary and paranoid that they'd sooner fill you with holes then hear you out. Especially so when I'm practically asking you to let me shave some meat off your back. I'll give you 400 caps for a few samples, but you'll be pretty banged up for a few days. Of course, I'll give you some medicine to get you back to a hundred percent, but... the tests I'd run... the samples I'd take... let's just say that your examination would be thorough. Anyhow, think about it. It won't take up too much of your time."

.....

"drat, a year isn't a lot of time, but it's better than nothing and surely better than the setup I had before. You really are helping a lot of people out by doing that. Here's 75 caps for your hard work."

----

Sahen
It doesn't take long for you to identify the cap molds and with a little ingenuity and brute strength, you dislodge the plates and the hand press that would stamp flattened metal.

You take it back with you effortlessly and roll into town around 1:45 in the afternoon.

----

Therax
"R-really?! Oh, that's great. I don't have much but I have some surplus supplies that they gave me and some caps. It's all I can spare, but I could really appreciate the help. Something told me you weren't normal... I mean, being nearly 10 feet tall and all and those certainly don't look like normal fingers under that, but... but... I'm thinking about it too much. Here's a map that shows where the Red Star Relay beacon is. It's actually an old tower that was attached to this facility, luckily enough the wiring was intact, but that truck keeps most people away. It's dangerous for us to work there for longer than an hour or so and even then we have to take Rad-X so we aren't puking and sweating out our hair."

The man points out an area on a small map that he has. You take note of the location and head out, squeezing up the ladder and entering back into the area.

"OH! Watchout for the other traps in the area, there are a few hidden around these parts! Here's a portable two-way radio in case you get lost. Oh, and, could you close that hatch on the way out... Don't uh, want this kind of thing happening again... might not be so lucky next time."

Make an outdoorsman check to get to the location, you can also roll sneak if you want to sneak into the area.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax dips his head, indicating a nod as he has seen humans do them. Then he climbs the ladder and closes the hatch. He then begins to look at the map and equipment the man gave him. He, carefully avoiding any traps, begins to make his way over.

Outdoorsman 42 67 bah
Sneak 60 74 double bah

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Therax
You end up getting lost and in your attempt to conceal your presence, you inadvertently stumble into a den of mutated molerats. The oldest of the group engage you while the young scatter.

Combat Order by Sequence
Adult Molerats (x2)
Therax
Young Molerat
Fleeing Young

The two adults lunge at you, furiously snapping their large teeth in attempts to injure you but they both are unable to hurt or even hit you.

**********

You can flee from combat or defend yourself.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax may briefly feel some remorse for killing the youngs' parents, but it fades quickly into his natural instincts. Yes he has already eaten, but he may as well take this opportunity to fill up again.

He slashes his claws at the nearest of the adult molerats, they are clearly outmatched and should they choose to flee he will allow it, but he is not about to do so himself.

3 AP Unarmed 92 66 well I assume that hits.
3 AP Unarmed 92 94 that on the other hand likely doesn't.
3 AP Unarmed 92 6 and that likely slaughters something.
1 AP remaining

Claw Damage for two hits 2#1d10+10+11 29 and 31 damage and holy poo poo Therax is a wrecking machine.

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

I'd like to roll Science to see if Dr. Susan's hypothesis has any legs to it.

Science (50%): 4, a success!

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Sorry for the delay in getting this to you!

Sahen Inventory
Karma: -5 (-5 for theft, -10 for 2 counts breaking entering, +10 for ending the counterfeiting in Johnnyville)
Caps: +1(fake) +200 +23(fake) +7 +140

  • Clean Medical Scrubs with Cap & Mask
  • Talking to People Magazine
  • Grognak the Barbarian Magazine
  • Tattered, dirty cloth (6 textile components)
  • Leather Scraps (1 Brahmin Hide)
  • Press cap molds and hand-press

Mossman Inventory
Karma: 5
Caps: +75 -25 +140 +200 -320
Reputation: Johnnyville: You're liked in these parts. Your handy nature and overall demeanor have earned you some friends.

  • Filled Tin Lunch Pail
  • Super Tool Kit
  • 45 9mm FMJ bullets
  • Expanded Lock Kit Set

Rourke Inventory
Karma: neutral
Caps: -12 +200 +140 -50

  • 30 Cigarettes
  • Grimy Pre-War Suit
  • 10mm pistol
  • 60 rounds
  • Cool Aviators

Therax Inventory
Caps: +140
Karma: +5

  • Radio and parts for relay

Jackie Inventory
Caps: +140
Karma: +10
Reputation: Johnnyville: You're liked in these parts, you're family!

  • -10 10mm FMJ rounds

pre:
NPC:

Chris Reed
Caps: 167

  • 10mm Pistol
  • (ammo): 2 fights worth
  • (necessities): 10 days worth
Still sorting it out and I need to add in caps, ally equipment and your current Karma levels. Address anything that looks out of place. I know some Items are sold and I'll update that here throughout the night as I finish the bookkeeping. I'll just keep editing this post as I clean it up and flesh it out so just check back

e: I'm still working on it, help me out in filling out details I missed!
----------

Mossman
Although the doctor's plan is not completely explained, you determine that there is reason enough to believe it possible with adequate assistance given what you know about the ghoul condition be it your extended lifespan, fortified resistances and appearance, but at best, she and whoever she worked with would be attempting to replicate advanced, often fatal stages of radiation poisoning and actually controlling it as to not wither the body away or immediately kill what it was exposed to. With a staff, funding and actual working equipment there might be more she could do, but even then it would still take some kind of miracle to actually cause a widespread "rebirth". All in all, there was some merit in it and what would the extra caps hurt?... There is however the matter of being physically weakened for some indeterminate amount of time and the experiments don't exactly sound harmless.

It's a gamble, but it could have some long lasting ramifications in the wastes. Additionally, there's some opportunities to affect your karma in either direction here lol.

Doctor Idle fucked around with this message at Aug 29, 2013 around 04:33

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

"This sounds like a real long shot, but... all right, I'm in." Mossman looked around the doctor's office. He thought long and hard, and finally said: "You know what? Keep the 400 caps. You're going to need it to get proper lab equipment in here."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke
298 Caps, 600 xp, Suit, 10mm w/ 60 Rounds

Lloyd considered the seamstress' offer.

"If you excuse me, ladies, I have some business to take care of - I guess we'll meet up back at the hotel? Let me know if you see the big fellas."

And he thought this suit couldn't look better - let's see what this seamstress could do.

---

Spendin' the caps (already subtracted from above, though I may have that wrong, pending your reckoning of the inventory =D

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Mossman
+25 Karma!

"Why that sure is gracious of you, if you change your mind after these tests... I won't blame you. If you have the time we can begin now?"

----

Lloyd Rourke
Your suit mended and cleaned up, you don it again feeling like a newer man than before. As you leave, the seamstress and tailor mention that they could reinforce it for you for a price giving you additional benefits to your defense in these wild wastes.

Upgraded from Grimy to Dirty!... but do you go for subtly armored as well?

Doctor Idle fucked around with this message at Aug 28, 2013 around 03:19

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke
298 Caps, 600 xp, Suit, 10mm w/ 60 Rounds

"An excellent idea. Can't be too careful, it seems. But let's talk about the price..."

Barter TN 95: 1d100 23
---

Yeah, he'll go for the whole package.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Lloyd Rourke
"We could add some of this pre-war riot gear padding. It'll take a bullet or two, but won't do too much else than that, especially with us fitting it to the suit. Barter success! You have shown us some good business though. Not many people looking to get much sewn up these days, but it keeps us fed. Still, for you... 100 caps for a light fitting and 150 caps for something a little sturdier."

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Dr.Idle posted:

Sahen Inventory
Karma: -5 (-5 for theft, -10 for 2 counts breaking entering, +10 for ending the counterfeiting in Johnnyville)
Caps: +1(fake) +200 +23(fake) +7 +140

  • Clean Medical Scrubs with Cap & Mask
  • Talking to People Magazine
  • Grognak the Barbarian Magazine
  • Tattered, dirty cloth (6 textile components)
  • Leather Scraps (1 Brahmin Hide)
  • Press cap molds and hand-press

Mossman Inventory
Karma: 5
Caps: +75 -25 +140 +200 -320
Reputation: Johnnyville: You're liked in these parts. Your handy nature and overall demeanor have earned you some friends.

  • Filled Tin Lunch Pail
  • Super Tool Kit
  • 45 9mm FMJ bullets
  • Expanded Lock Kit Set
  • -15 9mm rounds

Rourke Inventory
Karma: neutral
Caps: -12 +200 +140 -50

  • 30 Cigarettes
  • Grimy Pre-War Suit
  • 10mm pistol
  • 60 rounds
  • Cool Aviators

Therax Inventory
Caps: +140
Karma: +5

  • Radio and parts for relay

Jackie Inventory
Caps: +140
Karma: +10
Reputation: Johnnyville: You're liked in these parts, you're family!

  • -10 10mm FMJ rounds

pre:
NPC:

Chris Reed
Caps: 167

  • 10mm Pistol
  • (ammo): 2 fights worth
  • (necessities): 10 days worth

Just let me know what is missing or looks off.

Doctor Idle fucked around with this message at Aug 29, 2013 around 04:43

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke
128 Caps, 600 xp, Suit, Shades, Smokes, 10mm w/ 60 Rounds

"May as well go for the best - I may not see such talent once I start wanderin' again, miss. As long as it won't affect the look of the suit too much, that is. If I look like I'm smuggling a winter coat under it, I might as well just go for some real armor, yeah?"

---

He'll get the more expensive one, unless it's so armored that it looks like it, you know? Already counted the 150 against the total above.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at Aug 29, 2013 around 05:52

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

"Sure, Doc. Let's get this over with."

As he sat on the doctor's bench, Mossman had a thought: "I'll be okay to travel after this, won't I? We've got a vehicle, so I won't have to do much walking."

Just to be clear, Mossman is still getting paid for the work he did on the distiller, right? Also, the medicine would be much appreciated.

Also, I posted my inventory notes in the OOC thread. I think our notes line up, but you can double-check them there.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Lloyd Rourke
You wait, sipping on some homemade hooch the older tailor brings you before heading to the back with the suit yet again. They were kind enough to give you some patchwork clothes while you waited.

After about an hour, the seamstress emerges with sweat on her head and a cloth bandage on her finger. Alright, it's done.

pre:
Dirty "armored" Pre-War Business Suit

Mysterious stains and damage aside, 
this suit looks pretty good. Might
 even look better with you in it!


The seamstress and tailor in Johnnyville
must be the best kept secret on this side
of what was left of the Tennessee river.
The suit will take some breaking in with 
the refurbished armor and all, but it's
cleaned up some and might actually stand
some damage.

AC:  8 | N: 1/10 | L: 0/0
F: 1/5 | P: 0/0 | E: 0/0

Weight: 4 lbs.
+5 Speech, Barter, +1 Charisma
-----------

Mossman
"Just what I wanted to here. Well you should be ok to travel, you'll definitely do better in that vehicle, but the tests may take there toll on you. Alright, it'll just be a second. If you don't mind waiting I'll get things ready."

Moments later, Doctor Susan summons you, and you find that all the curtains have been drawn shut. You make your way down the hall when you see a bookcase has been slid over revealing a small room within the center of the house that had far more sophisticated equipment than what she was using out here, definitely more of an actual lab facility, but how did she get it here? and does anyone else know about it?

She straps you to a table and gives you a shot of an unknown vial marked with a serial number on it before putting on a heavy over coat, goggles and thick black gloves. Suddenly, she pulls a large machine down from the top of the table you strapped to and a green pulse flashes like that of a plasma weapon, but your body glows warm and your veins begin to glow. In addition to that, you actually feel good and although it's only temporary, you see your flesh begin to mend over before rotting back to the state that it was previously in.

"This might hurt a bit, but hopefully the anesthetic i've used is taking effect, it might be lessened due to the high dose of radiation I just blasted you with and your natural resistances from ghoulification interfering. We shall see though..."

She takes a small sample of your flesh from your leg then puts it into some machine for analysis. She then gives you another shot from another serialized vial and swivels the table exposing your back.

"This is the part that's going to hurt and I apologize."

She takes out a large needle with 3 injectors attached to different vials not unlike the ones she gave you previously, but the main needle was definitely for bone injections. You feel pressure on your back as the needle enters into your spine, and it didn't hurt so much until she pulled out some of the marrow that then fused within the two separate vials. She then takes the vial and places it on a machine that funnels it into one syringe that she then places at the base of your skull and injects.

Make an endurance check with +1 disadvantage.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Therax
You savage the creatures and those not shredded by your blade like claws had already retreated to areas unknown. You take your fill of the meal and continue on, unfazed by the combat.

For crushing your enemies, you receive 50 exp.!

----

Back on track, it's not long before you come across a steep area with all manner of weird, fantastic vegetation due to the increased radioactivity in the area which hardly effects you at all. A tower with big cables running back towards the hatch is at the top of the steep hill and you see where the damage is about 15' up the tower. A large transistor has been blown and the service box is reachable, by a ladder that's been broken due to age and whatever else. Looks like you'll need to climb.

Strength check +2 disadvantage to climb, save with agility +1 disadvantage and make a check against your luck to see if the parts or you get damaged on a failed agility save. Replacing the parts at least by the human's description seems simple enough.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax quickly finishes his meal and continues on. Eventually he finds where he is going, and after securing the parts, attempts to climb the tower. It does not go well for him, but he easily catches himself.

Strength 11 +2 Difficulty 1d10+2 12 wow almost impossible for me to fail, and yet
Agility 15 +1 Difficulty 1d10+1 3 whew
Hopefully that means I don't have to test my luck, as well my Luck is 1 and that is a little hard to roll under.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Lloyd Rourke
108 Caps, 600 xp, Suit, Shades, Smokes, 10mm w/ 60 Rounds

Lloyd gives the suit a thorough appraisal.

"Well, hot drat. Clean, armored, and a fast job to boot. Have an extra ten each, the both of you. Now if y'all excuse me, I appreciate the loan of a suit of clothes, but I'd rather get back in that as soon as possible."

Switching out the patchwork for his newly improved threads, Lloyd heads back to the hotel to wait for everyone else.

Went to Hell
Oct 28, 2011


Mossman

As the anesthetic washed over him, Mossman realized that no one really knew where he was. Panic welled up in his chest, but it was too late. He tried to speak in protest, but his tongue was completely numb. The restraints bound him tightly to the operating table. How could he have been so stupid? The other Ghouls were right to steer away from Dr. Susan. Clearly, she was some deranged Vault Dweller, too mad even for her own xenophobic, purist kind. She could dissect Mossman in her secret lab, and no one would be any the wiser. He would die on this table to feed the delusions of a psychopath.

Mossman is having a paranoid reaction to the anesthesia. I'm sure he'll be much better once it wears off.

Rolling Endurance (7): 3, a success!

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.


Jackie Reed
Caps: 140 [+ 167 (Chris)] HP: 30/30 Load: 12/150 XP: 550 Karma: 10

Jackie picks an old, tan duster out of the pile and pulls it on. She tries to ignore the blood on the right arm, and the two bullet holes put through the stain. "What'd'ya think, Chris? Does it suit me?"

She tries to pull off the meanest gunslinger look she can, and Chris doesn't giggle at her---must mean it looks okay. Jackie feels meaner in it, too. And her gun's somehow easier to reach, even through the fabric. And for half-off, it seemed just too good to pass up. She opened the bag Lloyd had passed her in the market place, and started to count out the caps. "I think this'll do for me, Mister Lackis. Ain't got much money for much else. Not 'less you got a way I can make you the money with a gun..."

Caps - 125 => 15

-----

"So, what are we gonna tell Ma and Pa? Do you think that Ma'll do okay without you here?"

As they walked past the sherrif's office, Jackie looked for wanted posters. If she could leave her parents with some money, maybe she wouldn't feel so guilty about wandering off with their other daughter.

-----

They walked around town, looking at cheap jewelry and pointing out cute boys to each other. Chris seemed pretty well-equipped for traveling on their truck, and wouldn't you know it, eager, too. "Maybe we can talk to some of the locals, set up somethin' to get her medicine before we go. Let's go see the local doctor."

They headed on over to Dr. Susan's.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


Guess I should get over my fears of RPG shopping. Also, you sure about that caps number? I only had 261 recorded. I guess if there are any discrepancies you could download my pdf, edit it, and put it up somewhere.

Sahen
Caps: 261(371?) HP: 34/34 Load: 23/250 XP: 650 Karma: -5

2:04 PM

Sahen wobbled into town, exhausted, and a little later than he thought he'd be. Having to stop more than a few times to sit and adjust his back tacked on a good while, and the sun wasn't getting any dimmer. The day had been artificially long on his bones, not to mention his stomach.

Lead on by his nose, and the promise of charcoal and grilling meats, he wanders up to a smoke laden food stand, looking over the selection with an indeterminate fistful of caps.

"Gado de osda?"

----

Satiated and energized, if still sunbeaten, Sahen tries to mentally lay out a plan for the rest of the day, his previous plan ending after the 8 am surgery. Heading up the steps to the Lackis general store, he bumps shoulders with a familiar face, paired along with another, though unfamiliar, young woman.

"svhiyeyi, ehh..."

He shakes off the habit with a scratch of his neck

"I mean, good afternoon."

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Therax
The slope proved to be a little challenging as your grip came loose and you began to tumble back down the hillside. You dextrously use your talons to gain leverage and quickly hoist yourself back on to the slope. The climb takes longer than you expected and you were beginning to feel a little bit thirsty. You had several meals today and blood and bone don't wash down easy. Regardless, you manage to get to the box and and level yourself to replace the blown transistor. The human explained what you would need to do thoroughly so you felt confident that you could do it.

Pull the red colored wire here and remove the lever from the chipset there and then... Roll repair + 80% to chance of success

----

Lloyd Rourke
You get back to the hotel and find that a hot bath has been drawn for you and a meal is ready for you and your friends complimentary of the house, 3 drinks at the bar as well.

(You are now Liked in this town)

----

Mossman
Your mind races as you stumble through several fear induced revelations about the nature of the "experiments" Dr. Susan was putting you through. Your heart begins to hurt and you thing you might be fading, but then you feel the injection, made directly into your cerebellum. You slip into unconsciousness and dream a fantastic dream. Brilliant rays of sunlight beam down on you. You're young and there's the face of a woman who is smiling at you. She's older than you and you feel warm and happy when you look at her. You are transported through darkness to another location, a military recruitment office. A man is with you smiling at you, proud of you. You're glad for it. Away again through the darkness. War, a vast terrible expanse of death before your eyes. You on the right side fortunately. Back through the dark. A child. A bomb. Glimpses. Hair and flesh loss. Everyone you know dying. Death, finally. Rebirth. Animosity. Confusion. Lost. Finally after a stream of long and vivid dreams you awaken. Groggy and in pain.

[-2 to EN for a week]
[You gain PERK: Johnsonville Science Fair: +1 EN when over 250 rads, +10% Outdoorsman, -1 Bonus to saves vs. Radiation]

----

Jackie Reed
"Mom won't like it, seeing as you're a bit of a dangerous sort, but at the same time, she'll be glad to know that we have each other out there. So I'm not sure... It'll be ok probably."

You two walk, looking at boys you had grown up with and rugged caravan hands when you take a detour to look at the wanted posters. There wasn't much crime in Johnnyville, which you and everyone else was no doubt pleased with, but occasionally a rambunctious sort would come through on a caravan or just from wandering through the wastes and stir the pot.

You see one in particular about a thief who's been breaking into small vaults, stores and homes around the town. Not only does it pay caps, but stopping whoever was doing this would mean your parents might not be victimized. It paid 600 caps, not a lot, but enough. The description is of a tall man with a dirty face and loose tattered garb. Somewhat tall and thin. The picture depicts a man, probably in his mid 40s with a mean look on his face adorned by coarse, windswept hair. Last seen at Mercer hardware, see Bill for details.

You head over to Dr. Susan's office, but you find that the door is surprisingly locked. Music is playing loudly and all the curtains are drawn shut. Hmm.

----

Sahen
I had cut the caps evenly from the gun trades, I forgot you said you opted out of your share, but if they are all ok with the caps I think you're all good. As far as shopping is concerned, just tell me what you want and I'll get you in the right direction.

You run into Jackie Reed and her sister Christopher Reed outside of Dr. Susan's office where you hear loud music playing. The curtains are drawn shut and the door is locked. You think you see Lloyd walking into the hotel.

Doctor Idle fucked around with this message at Sep 1, 2013 around 04:15

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax reminds himself that he needs to stop for some water when this is all done. Then he begins to follow the instructions, hoping that the instructions were clear enough for him to accomplish the task despite his general lack of knowledge in this area.

Repair 05 +80% so 85%? 1d100 43 thank goodness for that massive bonus

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off


All I want is some food, for right now at least. I haven't been keeping track, but I'm not sure when Sahen last ate.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Therax
The task was simple enough. The part replaced you notice that the high-pitched frequency that had drawn you hear had been stopped, but still you do hear another distinct frequency that is trailing away and growing quieter, you are able to tune it out.

+75 exp.!

You make your way back to the hatch, careful not to disturb any of the traps that the human had pointed out to you and you knock at the hatch. A moment later, he lets you in and he congratulates you on a job well done.

"Awesome, man! The signal is way clear and I was even able to pick up that other frequency, listen to this weird stuff man. It's like... computers talking or something, but then occasionally this other guy comes on and he'll say stuff that just sounds like nonsense. Here, just have a listen."

He gestures head phones to you, but then immediately realizes that might not be the best solution and he was absolutely sure he didn't want to know what was under your robe. Instead, he plugs in some bulky looking speakers.

pre:
'...you hear static with occasional blips and bloops,
and oscillating wavelengths, all accompanied  by other
bizarre electronic noises. Then the static quiets out and
you hear a deep-toned man speaking letters and numbers,  
followed by a name or object. In this case... "Illyich 87"
..."Nickel 102 degrees, Wheel negative 62 degrees"
"Weeirrd, right?" you two listen until the signal fades out and then after a brief silence, the man remembers his promise of some supplies.

"Oh, yeah! I really appreciate you helping me out like this. We'll be able to broadcast messages and run radio relays across most of Tennessee now."

+15 Karma

"Here is 25 caps, 4 bottles of clean water, and 2 flares. If you're ever in the area again, stop by, I could probably use your hand doing some other work that is... you know... to dangerous for me to do."

----

Sahen
After a long and tiring walk through the desert, you find yourself parched, hungry and aching from all the heavy lifting. You eventually make your way to the hotel where you find Lloyd reaping in the rewards of some hard work. Looks like you've all earned a meal and hot bath on the house.

If I didn't already say it... Liked in these parts.

For food, I'm going to do it more like Fallout 1 and 2, where you generally are supplied with food and I'll occasionally make secret rolls against your endurance or luck to see if you suffer from a hunger, radiation, fatigue or thirst debuff. At the core of this system, I think the game is ok, but a lot of the mechanics I feel need to be scrapped for sanity's sake alone. If you have some suggestions to it, I'm open.

Doctor Idle
Mar 7, 2008

Hey, if some hillbilly comes up to me, I'm gonna lash him in the face, that's all.

[Best GM 2013-2015]


Also, @Went to Hell, you did get paid for that other 75 caps. Sorry I forgot to get back to you on that one, I didn't bold it and put it in her part of the dialogue. My bad. But yeah, you're getting paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Not that it is visible but Therax blinks at odd message in the signal. He gladly takes the supplies. "I will keep that in mind if I come across this way again."

  • Locked thread
«60 »