Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Business
Feb 6, 2007

I'm looking for a basic laptop which I'll use for basic browsing things and at the most probably play some oldish games on. Is there a reason to be concerned about this asus? It seems solid for the price and I'm sure there are a few concerns that I don't know about since the op recommends the 440 thinkpads

I asked some guys at a local repair shop about the 440 series and they lumped lenovo in the same category as HP and Dell because supposedly they see a lot of motherboard malfunctions between those three brands. Which is why I was looking at Asus

also, this study:
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18ixygwiym5cjpng/original.png

Business fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business
Feb 6, 2007

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

That includes both the Thinkpads (good) and the other poo poo that Lenovo sells (bad). I find it hard to believe that the repair shop would know anything about the T440 line as they're not even shipping yet.

Ah ok that makes more sense. He just said that get a lot of Lenovo laptops with dead motherboards

Business
Feb 6, 2007

Is there any point to a touchscreen laptop that doesn't fold back into tablet form? I don't get it and I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing