Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

Man prices just keep on falling on the Ivy Bridge T-series. Down to $665 for a base T-430, I'm sure that was in the low 700s when I looked this morning. Anything more to the rumor that today was Haswell day?

DEO3, you can configure a T-530 through the B&N link in the OP with a 1920x1080 panel for something like $790, but I'll be honest I don't know if it's IPS. I've heard that it's a very good screen, but not sure how good that really is for work like she's looking to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

AntimatterSpork posted:

does this mean that those of us who've been waiting for the thinkpad refresh can expect to be holding on another couple months? i need to upgrade before september, so that's a little too much for me

I'd like to know this as well.. There's no way my laptop's surviving another few months, it's getting to the point where it's barely usable now. If I'm going to be waiting another couple months for the refresh, I'm buying an ivy bridge Thinkpad tomorrow.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

As long as I'm cookied from the regular site, the BN site seems to work fine so far.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

dissss posted:

Apparently Lenovo has switched to a different and far less impressive 1080p panel for the T530 - something to watch out for if you're considering one.

Well that sucks. I'm not sure how much longer mine is going to last, and I've been looking at that as a backup if the t440 isn't here by the time I need a replacement.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

Yeah now I'm back to looking at the t530 again. I really want that 1080p screen, plus I'm not sure I could handle another 6 years on a crappy screen like the 440 has. Not sure I want the bigger size but, such is life I guess.