Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

So there's pretty much no chance a higher-res Macbook Air is being released before the end of the year, right?

I am going to purchase a new ultrabook and while I love the 12-hr battery life of the Haswell MBA the screens on the Win8 ultrabooks are crazy good. And 7-8 hour battery life is still impressive (especially considering my 4 year old Thinkpad barely gets 4 hours even with a fresh battery).

So since all the new Haswell offerings are either out now or coming soon I'm thinking I might as well just buy one now. But if there is any indication of a MBA screen refresh I would put it off since I really don't need a new laptop until December.

I'm sort of in a similar situation. I'm looking for a lightweight laptop/tablet for work that has a great battery life. I'm not sure if I'd be happier with an iPad + keyboard, a new Surface Pro, ultrabook, or something as simple as a Chromebook. My main requirements is that it has to be able to run Citrix XenDesktop, have some ability to connect to 3g or 4g(preferably directly but via usb is ok too), and last for at least a full day of on and off work. Any recommendations on what would work best?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU