Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So I'm looking at getting a thinkpad at around the $800 range-looking at this currently http://shop.lenovo.com/barnesnoblegold/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/t-series/t430s/?sb=:00000025:0000375B: and wanted to get your guys' opinion on it. Gonna be used for work/remote desktop and watching movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So has anyone heard anything on the T440s release date? My laptop's gonna kick it any day and I'd rather not go without for another 3-4 months while Lenovo gets their poo poo together.

Alternately, any other recommendations in the $750-800 range that'll be durable and aren't ASUS?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ok, so I've been waiting for the T440 patiently, but my current laptop just kicked the bucket all the way, so I'm in a :supaburn: situation here. Give me a $800-900 laptop that's preferrably haswell and is well-built. Or should I just bite the bullet and get the T430?

Edit: office use, prefer 15.6 but will take 14, need a good/hi-rez screen and ability to run netflix+remote desktop.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 5, 2013