Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Apologies if this is a stupid question but: I want to buy a desktop to game on because the new consoles have not really impressed me. In order to keep the price manageable, I'd like to piecemail the new PC in. Could I buy a tower and, while I get money for a proper screen et al, use my year old laptop as the screen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Well poo poo. Thanks for the answers.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

That's fine if you're just playing games but you'll want to gouge your eyes out after trying to read a paragraph on a tv.

Ah, that works. Thanks a lot.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Hey, what's a good Laptop I can get for general use, taking notes, typing, running Office on, at $400?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Ok, yeah, I have read some posts, but I'll still put what I'm looking for and see if I can get some more direction.

Budget: 500. 600 max after tax.

Needs:
-15 inch preferred
-good, comfortable keyboard
-running Office. Word, excel mainly
-might also use it for movies.
-5 to 8 battery

What do y'all recommend? Or is this too vague?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

So I picked up an Asus vivobook today for less than $500

14" screen,
1.6 ghz 8th gen i5
8GB
128 SSD
Wireless-AC
USB A
USB C

Am I correct in assuming the integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620 is not very good?

What are the thoughts?