Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Has anyone else been unable to create an account on the barnes and noble gold site? I've been trying to make one for the last week and when I hit 'create account' it just says 'please check the information in the fields below' even though they're all filled out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Airconswitch posted:

How do Lenovo's Ideapads stack up? I was looking at one of the Y410p models listed in that B&N link, namely 59369921. Is this reasonable, or should I go with a proper Thinkpad? How's the build quality on Ideapads? I'll use it for school with some gaming mixed in (Kerbal Space Program at least, who knows what else).

vvvv In what way couldn't you get used to it? Keyboard? Weight?

I got one of these back in June. I like it in every way except for the wifi. It's spotty and keeps dropping for a minute or two every 15 to 30 minutes, consistently enough that it's currently on its way back for servicing (I'm hoping they'll replace the old wireless adapter with a more recent one). Judging by online reviews (what few of them there are) I'm not alone in this issue either. Build quality, weight, screen, keyboard, everything else I like, but I honestly can't recommend this laptop after having such bad connection issues.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

What I did was just google them and decide from there. I don't think there's one list since some of it is subjective depending on your needs.