Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Placeholder
Sep 24, 2008
How is the build quality of HP laptops? I'm trying to decide between a HP Omen 15 with the 4800H + RTX 2060 and the Legion 5Pi with the i7 10750H + RTX 2060. This machine is going to replace my aging desktop and laptop, so it's going to be carried around in my backback quite often. I really want to it to not fall apart after a year or two and the screen flex issue of the HP is cause for concern. Any input?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Placeholder
Sep 24, 2008

Fruits of the sea posted:

Thanks for the replies! Final question- There’s an almost identical Legion 5 on sale for $80 more. The difference is the screen is 300 nits instead of 250. Will the brightness make a noticeable difference? (Also has a higher refresh rate, but I don’t care so much about that)

Is the colour space coverage of the upgrade better than on the cheaper one? I like having nice and accurate colours so I would go for it if that's the case. Eighty bucks over the life-time of the machine would be worth it, but that's just my preference.

Placeholder
Sep 24, 2008
Looks like my Legion 5 is arriving tomorrow, do you still need to remove lots of bloatware these days or is it mostly fine?