Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
What's the general opinion on the Thinkpad 13? It seems to be less popular than the T470 and whatnot, but are there any laptops in the same price range I should consider before the 13? The comparisons I've done so far are:

- ZenBook UX410UQ: figured I didn't really need the extra performance from the GPU, and from what I gather the battery life is slightly worse? Also it comes with two USB 2.0 ports whereas the Thinkpad 13 has two 3.0 and even a USB-C just in case.
- Thinkpad L470: looks great, but is a tad more expensive, heavier and also doesn't have a HDMI port which is a dealbreaker for me.

I won't really be using the laptop too much, mostly for watching movies on occasional long train/bus rides and for general web browsing, movies and some gaming when going home for holidays. My hard requirements are 1080p, 8GB+ RAM, 13-14" IPS screen, 256GB+ (512GB preferred) SSD, at least one USB 3.0 and one HDMI port. Something durable that'll last for a long time is also appealing, and one reason why I'm leaning towards Thinkpad, but I'd love to hear if anyone has any personal experience with it or has any similar machine to recommend instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU