Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012
Hate to be that guy and just drop in, but I would greatly appreciate some help.

I am looking for a laptop for my dad for under 700 USD.

It needs to have 15 inch screen, decent enough ram/cpu to handle 900 Firefox tabs open at the same time and a GPU that can run a game here and there (let's say Battlefield 3) at decent (45+) framerate on low/medium-low settings.
CD/DVD drive, 8 hour battery life and a SSD are not needed.
7200rpm HDD is a plus.

Generally he has no brand affiliations, but Lenovo might be off-limits for him since the last one broke down after 4 years, so he swore never get one again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012

Bob Morales posted:

Tell him to get over his Lenovo hate and get a Y510

Yeah, that's not happening. :/
Plus Lenovos are super overpriced where I live (Latvia, East Europe).
Asuses and HPs are pretty much the most accessible brand of laptops here and thus the most reasonably priced.

Break Fast fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 31, 2013