Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012
Needing a laptop for basic office purposes, Youtube, sporadic strategy/city builder games, running Fantasy Grounds, maybe some light photoshop work and basic audio editing. Going ultralight isn't crucial but I don't want the fattest brick with the loudest fans either. Ideal budget in the $500-$600 range. I'm seeing a refurbed T470s with 1080p screen, dual i5, 12gb ram, 256gb storage for around $550 on ebay, or I can use a company discount to get a new Inspiron with extra ram & storage against the base model (8/256 respectively) for $480, although I'm guessing the monitor will be worse in addition to the overall lower build quality. If there are other refurbs I should be looking at please let me know, this is a total blind spot for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU