Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnomedolf
Jun 9, 2013

Freelance Gynecologist
My opinion is that the 1366x768 resolution should be banned from the face of the earth. It gives such a terrible experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnomedolf
Jun 9, 2013

Freelance Gynecologist

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

I swear I'm not a shill, but have you looked at the Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A?

I have the Zenbook Prime UX32VD. It's an awesome ultrabook with dedicated graphics and has a 13.3" 1080p screen. While the screen is awesome, Microsoft really needs to look into doing something like Apple does with their Retina screens. While I bitched about 1366x768 earlier, having very high resolutions on small screens isn't the best experience either. Apple saw this and made it so you get great quality but you don't need a magnifying glass to read text (I use the text zoom Chrome add-on. It zooms text and nothing else).

Gnomedolf
Jun 9, 2013

Freelance Gynecologist
Everyone praises the high resolution screens on Windows laptops....until you lose your sight from squinting so much.

Gnomedolf
Jun 9, 2013

Freelance Gynecologist

Mu Zeta posted:

You can also just buy the Applecare later. You have a year to get it.

I would buy the i5/256gigs. The i7 isn't worth it unless you know you need it.

If you live in Florida, you can't buy Applecare after the fact. It must be bought at time of computer purchase. It's some stupid state law. That's what I was told by Apple when I tried that once.