Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
What laptops out there have 3x3 or 4x4 MU-MIMO wave2 802.11ac WiFi built in? I need one for testing purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Practically none. 3x3 exists but nobody's really adopting it other than some Apple models, and afaik there's no 4x4 m.2 solution at all yet. What's your use case?
"use case" lol that's a good joke.

There's no use case. It's literally an end user dick-waving about not getting the theoretical speeds of wifi devices.

That said, Netgear makes a USB adapter, "Nighthawk AC1900" model A7000, and I have to say it's not worth it. The built-in 2x2 802.11ac wifi built into my laptop performs 90% as well as the Netgear USB adapter, and the driver for the USB adapter is not very stable.

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 22, 2018