Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyne
May 9, 2003
[blank]

Hadlock posted:

So did the venerable B&N link in the OP finally die?

Thanks for asking this question; I had no idea the B&N deal existed. I just canceled the order I placed yesterday for a yoga 2, and reordered using the B&N link and saved $80

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyne
May 9, 2003
[blank]

RVProfootballer posted:

I did this too, but I'm slightly worried about my "cancel request" not working or getting lost or something. I put the cancel in Wednesday, the order is at "released to manufacturing," and set to ship Nov. 1. Oh well.

Huh, I guess it's hit or miss then. I got cancelled mine using the online chat and got my cancellation notice about 5 minutes later.

dyne
May 9, 2003
[blank]
Well, Lenovo just pushed the ship date of my wife's yoga 2 back to 11/27

dyne
May 9, 2003
[blank]
The ThinkPad yoga is also listed on newegg.

Lenovo pushed back my yoga 2 order again, now with an est ship date of 12/24.

dyne
May 9, 2003
[blank]

RVProfootballer posted:

I just canceled my Lenovo order and switched to Best Buy, got the laptop in under a week for very nearly the same price. I'd recommend it!

It looks like the same config (8gb and 256gb) is $1200 at bestbuy, which is $120 more than from the b&n Lenovo dealie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyne
May 9, 2003
[blank]
Well, my wife didn't want to wait until 12/27 to get her yoga 2 from lenovo (2 months after the order date), so we canceled that and got a haswell yoga 11s at best buy. It's nice; my only complaint is a single blue stuck pixel thats really only visible on black screens with max brightness.