Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pistolshit
May 15, 2004

I have a Toshiba QX410 that I got like a year ago. It's been a solid laptop thus far and when I got it with the OEM windows on it the battery life was stellar. However, ever since upgrading to vanilla windows 8 (and on vanilla 7 as well) the battery life is poo poo. I've tried looking on google for battery managers but everyone seems to say that windows does power management well. Am I just functionally retarded?

Any thoughts or help are appreciated. I would love to get back to a solid 6-8 hrs of battery life. It's gotta be possible, because once I got Ubuntu tweaked right it would be good for 6 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU