Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Does anyone know what the actual max resolution (or HDMI spec) for the micro HDMI out is for the Yoga 2 Pro?

I need a new work machine and have 2 27" monitors. Allegedly I can drive one with a USB 3.0 to DisplayPort connector, but I'd like to know if I can drive the other monitor with some combination of micro HDMI to DisplayPort/HDMI/DL-DVI and custom resolutions.

Alternatively, outside of the Yoga 2 Pro and the new Dell XPS 15, are there any other Haswell laptops with a QHD+ screen that might also work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Seamonster posted:

New rMBPs just dropped. Iris Pro standard on the 15 although 750m is optional. Dell needs to cut prices on the XPS 15 RIGHT THE gently caress NOW.so my poor rear end can afford one

I came here to post the exact same thing. A XPS 15 price drop right now would be awesome.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Bishyaler posted:

Got our Latitude E7440s in at work. Haven't had time to test battery life yet, but great build quality. Triple monitor support on the dock even though our Dell rep told us it only supported two. Quite happy with our purchase so far.

Which dock do you have? The old E-Port docks or some newer one?

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Anxiously awaiting Costco shipping my XPS 15. Their $2,000 bill for the high end model is a whole lot better than Dell's $2,300.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

tijag posted:

I ended up ordering a Chrome Buran and I'm not sure when it will come.

Hopefully I like it. Costs a bit more than the bag you linked, supposedly indestructible. I like the idea of the integrated padded/zippered laptop area.

I also have a Chrome Buran and love it.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

As a heads up, for anyone thinking of saving some money and ordering the high end XPS 15 from Costco, I just got an e-mail saying that my laptop (purchased December 2nd) likely won't be delivered until January 6th.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

What's a laptop that's most comparable to an XPS 15 that I could have in my hands quickly?

I need to get new PCs for coworkers who are about to start and on Dell's estimated delivery date, they cancelled my order and pushed it out another month. Need something to buy so I don't have them just running on loaner Macbooks anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Seamonster posted:

Asus makes a 15 incher with UHD and the 960m. It's a bit larger though but also $1500 for the top spec.

E: not sure if skylake though

Thanks for this -- the Zenbook Pro UX501VW wound up being the winner. We did wind up grabbing an XPS 15 from Microsoft (they just so happened to be on sale today), but since the team was mainly finance, they jumped at the built-in numberpad of the Zenbook.