Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
Maybe it's silly but my biggest hangup on switching from a Macbook Pro to a Razer is how bad fingerprints/grease show up on the black finish, from what I've seen in review videos and photos. The Mercury/silver looks like it might be better, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
Got the new XPS 15 9500. Lot of posts on the Dell subreddit about trackpad issues that I were hoping weren't common but...
https://i.imgur.com/nV2HAdW.mp4
[Cursor is over Notepad in the taskbar. Sorry about the loud air conditioning]
Fairly often, my clicks are ignored. I think it has to do with palm rejection, because I think it happens when the side of my palm is resting on the trackpad. If it starts rejecting and I keep clicking, even if I lift my entire hand off, it keeps ignoring the clicks until I move the cursor a bit. And it's impossible to not rest your palm on this big loving trackpad. It's honestly too big.

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
I'm a fan of Timbuk2 bags.

https://www.timbuk2.com/collections/all-messenger-bags?page=1&refine=device-17

edit: Looks like they can't hit all your requirements but just want to through out a general recommendation to the thread anyway.

Spectracide fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 1, 2020