Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

I skimmed through the OP, and admittedly I don't know a ton about laptops, but my friend is looking for some advice in buying one for herself soon. Her cousin suggested she buy this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231074 . She's looking for something that will play minecraft reasonably well and isn't a piece of garbage. The hardware here seems ok to me, but I thought it might be better to get another opinion before she spends a bunch of money. I can probably convince her to go up to around 600$ if the sub 500 range is as bad as the OP seems to suggest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU