Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Dominoes posted:

What are the advantages of the Surface Pro i7 compared to i5 or M3? Much higher price, and can't really run games or 3d rendering due to poor graphics chip. Is it for CPU-bound number crunching? I assume computers these days run modern OS functions and web browsers smoothly, so what's the point of the i7 version? Video editing?

I should probably just buy the i3 since it'll be mainly to replace my piles of paper I use for math/science problems. It looks like they released the SP 2017 without the pen and slim keyboard, so going to wait for those.

Active cooling means it can stay at turbo levels longer. If you have sustained loads it will be a lot faster then the passive cooled versions, meaning anything that stresses the CPU will run a lot better (as well as it can run on a 15 Watt dual core). Also, MS isn't stupid, and you only get 16 GB RAM if you pay the i7 markup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU